Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf Courses in NE Florida

Mine was the usual...some good, some bad. A dreadful last 2 holes cost me an 80s finish.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2018, 08:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 07:33 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: LOL sucks I missed this one. My hand feels fine but I don't want to tear open the stitches. should be getting them out in a week and a half. And I think the shakes could actually help my putting game, I highly doubt anything could mess it up any more.

How'd you guys shoot?

Worst round I've played in many months, LOL. And a good round for me is still only in the 90s.  I had fun though. 
My golf game is in a similar state to the Jags offense right now.

Some of your drives were reminiscent of Blake's throws.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-26-2018, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Worst round I've played in many months, LOL. And a good round for me is still only in the 90s.  I had fun though. 
My golf game is in a similar state to the Jags offense right now.

Some of your drives were reminiscent of Blake's throws.

Well... ducks like water, right?

Need two people two fill out a foursome at Palencia on 11/19 for a 10:00 shotgun start. Only $49 which is great for that course. Well, they'll probably tack on some sort of bogus 'resort fee' so it will probably end up in the $55 range.

Otherwise, I'll just get paired up with a random twosome and I don't feel like frightening strangers.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Played this week in Essex, MA- 9 holes in 24 degrees but no wind. Went around with only a 3 hybrid; for "one-club" golf, we have 2 rules: free lift out of sand traps and everything on the green is a 2-putt (one if you make it or come within half a shoe length). Had to drill a hole for a tee on most holes.

Thankfully, back in FL for the month of December, let's set something up.

Has anyone watched this new kid, Cameron Champ, swing a driver? 130 mph. It happens so fast that you see the start of the downswing and an eye blink later he's posing his follow-thru. It's absolutely incredible to watch, yet he makes it look so effortless. On a warm day, his drives carry 345.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 05:12 PM by PF*.)

I went out to Youtube to watch him. Impressive. Note how early his hips come out and how he leans down into the shot. Most of us would be digging into the ground.

(11-18-2018, 11:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone watched this new kid, Cameron Champ, swing a driver? 130 mph. It happens so fast that you see the start of the downswing and an eye blink later he's posing his follow-thru. It's absolutely incredible to watch, yet he makes it look so effortless. On a warm day, his drives carry 345.

It's insane. 

I follow the pga on instagram and they posted a few of his driver swings with the tracer and mph graphics recently.
Wow.  

I actually have the day off today and I'm putting off the to-do list to head to the range and maybe play 9 holes. 
60 degrees and sunny. Why not?  I'm going to actually try to hit the driver some today at the range. I've just been hitting hybrid off the tee the past few rounds I've played because the driver wasn't working at all.

I won't be swinging 130 mph  
Big Grin

(01-09-2019, 11:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 11:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone watched this new kid, Cameron Champ, swing a driver? 130 mph. It happens so fast that you see the start of the downswing and an eye blink later he's posing his follow-thru. It's absolutely incredible to watch, yet he makes it look so effortless. On a warm day, his drives carry 345.

It's insane. 

I follow the pga on instagram and they posted a few of his driver swings with the tracer and mph graphics recently.
Wow.  

I actually have the day off today and I'm putting off the to-do list to head to the range and maybe play 9 holes. 
60 degrees and sunny. Why not?  I'm going to actually try to hit the driver some today at the range. I've just been hitting hybrid off the tee the past few rounds I've played because the driver wasn't working at all.

I won't be swinging 130 mph  
Big Grin

I can achieve 130 mph head speed as the club twirls furiously end over end down range. Ha.

Currently I’m staying at a golf club in Honduras and can’t play because I have no clubs. The office offered to rent me some but what they have look like, without exaggeration, what Goodwill throws away. I’ve been here for a week and have yet to see anyone play. Hondurans don’t golf. They use it as a weekend getaway for the peace and quiet.

We need together and play the new jax beach course. Are any of you guys in. PF/RICO/NYC?

Still haven't played it but I just got back from playing a bit in Miami so let's play a round.

Cameron Champ used a gap wedge, a gap wedge, to shoot a 155 yard par 3. He says he can do 160 with it.

It's not fair.

(01-23-2019, 09:58 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: We need together and play the new jax beach course. Are any of you guys in. PF/RICO/NYC?

Still haven't played it but I just got back from playing a bit in Miami so let's play a round.

I’m down.
But I’m on the road till 2/11

(02-01-2019, 08:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cameron Champ used a gap wedge, a gap wedge, to shoot a 155 yard par 3. He says he can do 160 with it.

It's not fair.

Played a Round in Sacramento the other day. 
Had a 157 yard par 3.
I pulled a 7. 
My buddy who hits it a mile pulls a nine iron. 
But, a GAP WEDGE????

(02-01-2019, 11:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 09:58 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: We need together and play the new jax beach course. Are any of you guys in. PF/RICO/NYC?

I’m down.

(02-01-2019, 08:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cameron Champ used a gap wedge, a gap wedge, to shoot a 155 yard par 3. He says he can do 160 with it.

It's not fair.

Had a 157 yard par 3.
I pulled a 7. 
But, a GAP WEDGE????

I am back from various travels as well but not in FL until April, let's see...9th-26th (then again May 11-22 and all summer). I would look forward to going to the Jax Beach course, JB.

A 157 par 3 for me is usually a 4 hybrid- too much club but a 3/4 swing gets me into the neighborhood, rarely do I fly the green.  We play golf here in Ipswich, MA all winter on a frozen 9 hole course with only one club (yes, a 4 hybrid for me)- you play all shots with it and get to know that club pretty well. 

My favorite shot is bouncing it across the frozen water hazard on the 7th hole and up the other side to the green area. You have to bump and run a lot of shots- the greens are just frozen solid and a shot to one bounces 60 feet into the air and into the woods. It's a different game for sure.

We've had little snow this year so we've gotten to play frozen golf a few times. One day was 9 degrees...you can bet I'm looking forward to some Florida golf.

Anybody up for 18 this Monday (April 22)? I have a tee time for 2 PM at Bent Creek.

JagsorDie- I can pull out the Bloody Mary stuff...

(02-01-2019, 11:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I’m down.

It's not fair.

Had a 157 yard par 3.
I pulled a 7. 
But, a GAP WEDGE????

Just de-loft the club with your wrists until a Gap wedge is a 9 iron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-19-2019, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 11:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m down.

Had a 157 yard par 3.
I pulled a 7. 
But, a GAP WEDGE????

Just de-loft the club with your wrists until a Gap wedge is a 9 iron.

Thanks, Tiger.

Bring back a year old thread since golf season is here in the Northeast.

After a month in the house hiding from the virus, I decided to go down to Connecticut and play 18 holes. It was a 125 mile ride but it was so worth it. I met a friend there and we didn't even keep score, we split a 12 pack of Corona in honor of the virus and had sandwiches from home afterward.

The course didn't allow scorecards or pencils, all benches on the course were taped off and 1 guy/cart. Pins were to stay in the holes and there was a little thingy attached to lift with your putter which would lift your ball out of the hole. No rakes in the bunkers and warnings/reminders to stay 6 ft apart were everywhere.

While I was on the way there, I got the news that Massachusetts was opening up the golf courses the next day. I played this morning alone up in Essex- 9 holes in a 26 degree wind chill (nobody else wanted to go, chickens) and it was pretty, pretty cold. Great fun, though.

Are your courses in FL all open with similar restrictions?

(05-09-2020, 04:55 PM)PF* Wrote: Bring back a year old thread since golf season is here in the Northeast.

After a month in the house hiding from the virus, I decided to go down to Connecticut and play 18 holes. It was a 125 mile ride but it was so worth it. I met a friend there and we didn't even keep score, we split a 12 pack of Corona in honor of the virus and had sandwiches from home afterward.

The course didn't allow scorecards or pencils, all benches on the course were taped off and 1 guy/cart. Pins were to stay in the holes and there was a little thingy attached to lift with your putter which would lift your ball out of the hole. No rakes in the bunkers  and warnings/reminders to stay 6 ft apart were everywhere.

While I was on the way there, I got the news that Massachusetts was opening up the golf courses the next day. I played this morning alone up in Essex- 9 holes in a 26 degree wind chill (nobody else wanted to go, chickens) and it was pretty, pretty cold. Great fun, though.

I walked 9 yesterday and pretty much the same applies, but I did see two people to a cart and no ball thingy. 

26 degrees? It's May, for gawd's sake!

(05-09-2020, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 04:55 PM)PF* Wrote: Bring back a year old thread since golf season is here in the Northeast.

The course didn't allow scorecards or pencils, all benches on the course were taped off and 1 guy/cart. Pins were to stay in the holes and there was a little thingy attached to lift with your putter which would lift your ball out of the hole. No rakes in the bunkers  and warnings/reminders to stay 6 ft apart were everywhere.

I walked 9 yesterday and pretty much the same applies, but I did see two people to a cart and no ball thingy. 

26 degrees? It's May, for gawd's sake!

This is unusual for us, it was actually 37 but the wind was howling so they said 26 WC. Where I was was even colder as there's a ridge which divides the 3rd/4th holes and you get a fabulous view of the Essex and Ipswich marshes out to the ocean but...that wind comes in and can be nasty. May sucks here. 

NH opens their courses Monday but to residents only, Maine has been open for a week or so but also just to residents.

I'm surprised they allow 2/cart.

Not quite sure what “waking nine” means. But I’m assuming it’s no cart and golfing half a thingamajig.

If that’s the case... pm me. For a vet like yourself, I’ll buy you and 3 other of your friends a round plus carts. I would do that and be happy to do it for a Vet. Just let me know.