Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf Courses in NE Florida

(05-09-2020, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: Not quite sure what “waking nine” means.   But I’m assuming it’s no cart and golfing half a thingamajig.  

If that’s the case... pm me.  For a vet like yourself, I’ll buy you and 3 other of your friends a round plus carts.   I would do that and be happy to do it for a Vet.  Just let me know.

Yep, I have a push cart and walked half the course. I do it for the exercise and to enjoy the beautiful weather. It's about a two mile walk for a good golfer, so I walk about three. I also spotted a small gator in the water hazard along the fifth fairway. As I searched for my ball he kept indicating that it was closer to the edge of the water, but I was on to him. 
Walking is also a choice because as life progresses, I find I prefer my own company. It's quiet time without conversation to distract me from making wildly sailing shots followed by a string of sharp expletives. Utterly cathartic. 

About the only time I ride anymore is when my son plays along or the odd occasion when I'm invited to play a round. Most of my friends don't play. I'm unsure if that's a good or a bad thing. Regardless, your kind and noble offer is sincerely appreciated, good sir.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2020, 10:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: Not quite sure what “waking nine” means.   But I’m assuming it’s no cart and golfing half a thingamajig.  

If that’s the case... pm me.  For a vet like yourself, I’ll buy you and 3 other of your friends a round plus carts.   I would do that and be happy to do it for a Vet.  Just let me know.

Yep, I have a push cart and walked half the course. I do it for the exercise and to enjoy the beautiful weather. It's about a two mile walk for a good golfer, so I walk about three. I also spotted a small gator in the water hazard along the fifth fairway. As I searched for my ball he kept indicating that it was closer to the edge of the water, but I was on to him. 
Walking is also a choice because as life progresses, I find I prefer my own company. It's quiet time without conversation to distract me from making wildly sailing shots followed by a string of sharp expletives. Utterly cathartic. 

About the only time I ride anymore is when my son plays along or the odd occasion when I'm invited to play a round. Most of my friends don't play. I'm unsure if that's a good or a bad thing. Regardless, your kind and noble offer is sincerely appreciated, good sir.

I recently picked up a push cart and plan to take advantage of some twilight walking deals this Spring/Summer. 

I plan to get up to Amelia Island one afternoon this week as the Oak Marsh at Amelia Plantation (Omni resort) is running a $20 walking rate after 2pm and they don't let any riders out after 3pm. It's an amazing track for that price. 
Highly recommended. 

Also - Hyde Park supposedly did some renovations during their brief Covid closure and they have a walk rate of $21. 
Not nearly as nice a track, but it has its charms and challenges. 

Looking for more walker deals if you know of any.

Oakmarsh is very nice, can't beat it for $20. Never been to Hyde Park.

Couldn't walk 18 here in NE, too many hills, 9is OK. Also, I can't imagine walking a western North Carolina course. I played a couple times out near Asheville and there were some serious ups and downs.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(05-10-2020, 10:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Well, I can appreciate and understand most of what you said.  Glad the gator didn’t antagonize you any more than it did.  I hope the golf game improves.  But you can tell me you scored a “perfect 300” and I wouldn’t be the wiser when it comes to golf.  But if that were the case I’d suggest another sport.    I too find myself wanting seclusion as the years pile on.  There’s a certain peacefulness and comfort in being alone and having your thoughts to your self in a secluded area.  I’d imagine on a wide open course it feels secluded while playing alone.  The offer still stands even if it’s just a solo mission with the push cart jobberdoo.  

That being said, I’ll check in but am thinking of a 30 day no technology or beer self ban.  I had an amazing 3 day weekend where I spent more hours outside working leisurely in my yard than I did inside including sleeping.  Little technology other than weather and some news.  It was AMAZING! It brought a few things to light.  I don’t want to repeat for my daughter what both of my parents lived through. It was also  A small glimpse of what’ll be like when we can purchase the land we want.  Doing my job leisurely at my own house was really nice. Hoping  in a  year or so we can purchase some land.  That’s the goal at least.   I’m hoping my ban of those two things teaches me some things I’ve lost over the years after being “successful”.  I’ve become an a hole.  Need to get back into shape, and be the personable/sociable person I was before this all started.  

I commend and thank you for the service You’ve provided. A round is still on me if you accept.  You can bring your pushy thing and enjoy your thoughts and alone time if you wish.