Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf Courses in NE Florida

(03-26-2018, 08:14 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 08:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes.

I'm actually playing there tomorrow with my cousin.

They're letting you come back again?  

They must not remember our last round.
I just keep letting someone else reserve the time and wear my hat really low. Big Grin

Actually had a good (for me) back nine today.  Hit lots of fairways and only lost 2.  Might have even had a nice score (on the back) if the conditions weren't such a factor.  Sideways mist/rain at times in a 15-20 mph NE wind. 

We won't talk about my front nine play today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [quote pid='1115043' dateline='1522007196']

You're right about Hyde Park.   I don't lose as many balls there as I do at other courses, mainly because of a lack of water hazards, and because it's all together, it doesn't wander through a housing development.   I got an eagle on #9 last year.   That may be the only eagle I've ever had.   I can't remember another eagle in my entire life.   I accidentally cut the dog leg with my tee shot, going to the right of that fairway bunker instead of to the left of it where I had been aiming, and I hit the cart path, which shot my ball forward and back into the fairway.   Then, a beautiful 5-wood with a nice gentle fade to the green, then a 15 foot downhill putt with about 18 inches of break just caught the corner of the hole and dropped in.      !!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I've had 4 eagles- 2 came on long shots on the same Par 5 hole in Massachusetts about 2 weeks apart over 20 years ago; the third was a hole in one on #11 at Royal St. Augustine in 2016 and the last one was last month on #5 at Royal when my 2nd shot from 100 yds or so went in. Surely more luck than skill.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-26-2018, 08:42 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [quote pid='1115043' dateline='1522007196']

You're right about Hyde Park.   I don't lose as many balls there as I do at other courses, mainly because of a lack of water hazards, and because it's all together, it doesn't wander through a housing development.   I got an eagle on #9 last year.   That may be the only eagle I've ever had.   I can't remember another eagle in my entire life.   I accidentally cut the dog leg with my tee shot, going to the right of that fairway bunker instead of to the left of it where I had been aiming, and I hit the cart path, which shot my ball forward and back into the fairway.   Then, a beautiful 5-wood with a nice gentle fade to the green, then a 15 foot downhill putt with about 18 inches of break just caught the corner of the hole and dropped in.      !!!!!!!!

I've had 4 eagles- 2 came on long shots on the same Par 5 hole in Massachusetts about 2 weeks apart over 20 years ago; the third was a hole in one on #11 at Royal St. Augustine in 2016 and the last one was last month on #5 at Royal when my 2nd shot from 100 yds or so went in. Surely more luck than skill.
[/quote]

Completely agree that it has alot to do with luck. I've only had two and both had slightly unplanned shots that worked in my favor.

1st at hyde park par 5 i absolutely slammed a drive but unfortunately put some slice on the ball and end up slightly the right but over the bunker without a straight LOS at the hole. I followed that up by going ham with the 3 wood from 235 out and caught a bounce that had it trickled on to the green and ended 3 feet from the cup.

Second was the par 4 5th hole at jax beach where i did the same thing off the tee but ended up catching either cart path or a root and bouncing back into the fairway towards the hole 80 yards from the green because of the slight dogleg right. I then hit an extremely lucky 52 degree that caught a good break on the green and dropped. I looked around the green and in the trap for 10 min before my buddy checked the cup lol.

(03-27-2018, 09:43 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I've had 4 eagles- 2 came on long shots on the same Par 5 hole in Massachusetts about 2 weeks apart over 20 years ago; the third was a hole in one on #11 at Royal St. Augustine in 2016 and the last one was last month on #5 at Royal when my 2nd shot from 100 yds or so went in. Surely more luck than skill.

Completely agree that it has alot to do with luck. I've only had two and both had slightly unplanned shots that worked in my favor.

1st at hyde park par 5 i absolutely slammed a drive but unfortunately put some slice on the ball and end up slightly the right but over the bunker without a straight LOS at the hole. I followed that up by going ham with the 3 wood from 235 out and caught a bounce that had it trickled on to the green and ended 3 feet from the cup.

Second was the par 4 5th hole at jax beach where i did the same thing off the tee but ended up catching either cart path or a root and bouncing back into the fairway towards the hole  80 yards from the green because of the slight dogleg right. I then hit an extremely lucky 52 degree that caught a good break on the green and dropped. I looked around the green and in the trap for 10 min before my buddy checked the cup lol.
[/quote]

Add to pet peeve thread, people who spend 10 mins looking for their golf ball Smile

(03-27-2018, 10:01 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 09:43 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I've had 4 eagles- 2 came on long shots on the same Par 5 hole in Massachusetts about 2 weeks apart over 20 years ago; the third was a hole in one on #11 at Royal St. Augustine in 2016 and the last one was last month on #5 at Royal when my 2nd shot from 100 yds or so went in. Surely more luck than skill.

Second was the par 4 5th hole at jax beach where i did the same thing off the tee but ended up catching either cart path or a root and bouncing back into the fairway towards the hole  80 yards from the green because of the slight dogleg right. I then hit an extremely lucky 52 degree that caught a good break on the green and dropped. I looked around the green and in the trap for 10 min before my buddy checked the cup lol.

Add to pet peeve thread, people who spend 10 mins looking for their golf ball Smile
[/quote]

haha trust me, i would have taken a drop and moved on but i didnt even know where to drop lol. Not to mention it was jax beach and we were the back of the log jam with noone behind us and the 4some in front of us were still in the tee box in front of us after we finished the hole lol.

My personal pet peeve is a 4some who refuse to let groups of 2 play through.

Or players in a group who really suck but won’t pick up when they’re holding everyone back. There’s no more frustrating of a feeling than seeing someone in the group ahead who doesn’t even get in the cart after they swipe at the ball. They just walk forward with the same club and keep hitting it 20 yards at a time.

(03-27-2018, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or players in a group who really suck but won’t pick up when they’re holding everyone back. There’s no more frustrating of a feeling than seeing someone in the group ahead who doesn’t even get in the cart after they swipe at the ball. They just walk forward with the same club and keep hitting it 20 yards at a time.

I'm trying not to take this ^ personally.  

Big Grin  Nah, I usually pick up pretty quickly if multiple mis-hits pile up for me. 

My peeve is the guy that always gets in your line of sight on the tee-box or green and won't stop dancing around while you're over the ball and about to hit. 
We've all done it in some form by just having a moment of being inattentive, but I mean like really unnecessarily within your line of sight, not just in the periphery, and often.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 11:21 AM by JagsorDie.)

(03-27-2018, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or players in a group who really suck but won’t pick up when they’re holding everyone back. There’s no more frustrating of a feeling than seeing someone in the group ahead who doesn’t even get in the cart after they swipe at the ball. They just walk forward with the same club and keep hitting it 20 yards at a time.

Yeah i have brought a few friends out who were new to the game. That is when i switch to best ball(or in most cases just hit and then pick up and come to me LOL). I don't mind people who suck, everyone had to start somewhere, but it is annoying when they don't have someone to speed them up and push them through the round a little quicker. What i love is when i bring someone out who is fresh and they have to play best ball with me, but they tell people they shot in the 80's or what ever i shot LMBO. I'll let them boast for a bit but i  love to say "you know you shot somewhere in the range of 110-120, right?"

I also love people who take 3 mulligans off the tee and every shot does the same thing lol. Your drives are clearly going 70yrds right of where you are aiming, you probably dont need to do it three times in a row. It's funny to see that and then watch them take their second shot off the fringe or on the edge of the fairway or something.

I will say if you pay a bit more to go to somewhere like world golf or hidden hills, you don't see all this as much.

Oh boy, pet peeves on the golf course...let me see- the people who sit in their carts beside the green and mark their scorecard; the people who stand on the green talking after putting out.

How about the guy who hits into you b/c he thinks you're playing slow? I think we've all had a buddy (or done it ourselves) who's walked over to the guy's ball and driven it back at him or deep into the woods.

Then there's the friend who drives the golf cart too fast, hits roots or raised pieces of the cart path when you'e not looking or takes sudden sharp turns. You don't have many hills in FL but put this guy behind the wheel in an area like Western North Carolina and you are risking your life.

(03-27-2018, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I'm trying not to take this ^ personally.  

Big Grin  Nah, I usually pick up pretty quickly if multiple mis-hits pile up for me. 

My peeve is the guy that always gets in your line of sight on the tee-box or green and won't stop dancing around while you're over the ball and about to hit. 
We've all done it in some form by just having a moment of being inattentive, but I mean like really unnecessarily within your line of sight, not just in the periphery, and often.

Holy [BLEEP] i wanted to kill this guy last weekend. It wasn't totally his fault but he would stand with the freaking drink girl the entire time it was being made and it was never at the tee box. It was always just off the fairway or the green. Hand the woman your card and tell her to make it and meet you on the next hole.

Now that i'm looking at it i have a lot of pet peeves in golf.

(03-27-2018, 11:19 AM)PF* Wrote: Oh boy, pet peeves on the golf course...let me see- the people who sit in their carts beside the green and mark their scorecard; the people who stand on the green talking after putting out.

How about the guy who hits into you b/c he thinks you're playing slow? I think we've all had a buddy (or done it ourselves) who's walked over to the guy's ball and driven it back at him or deep into the woods.

Then there's the friend who drives the golf cart too fast, hits roots or raised pieces of the cart path when you'e not looking or takes sudden sharp turns. You don't have many hills in FL but put this guy behind the wheel in an area like Western North Carolina and you are risking your life.

Typically happens just after you've cracked a fresh beer and begun to raise it to your lips  Laughing

(03-27-2018, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Typically happens just after you've cracked a fresh beer and begun to raise it to your lips  Laughing
Or you popped the top off your bloody mary because i don't like drinking from a straw and dump red tomato juice down your white shirt only to rest nicely in a pool on your khaki shorts. My wifes father was notorious for this Wallbash he no longer drives when we play lol.

This was a typical parking job for him. Panther creek had these hills and he manage some crap like this once or twice a round. sadly unintentionally most of the time
[Image: 12510269_1064480310261359_68221399320608...e=5B279633]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 12:06 PM by PF*.)

(03-27-2018, 11:55 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Typically happens just after you've cracked a fresh beer and begun to raise it to your lips  Laughing
Or you popped the top off your bloody mary because i don't like drinking from a straw and dump red tomato juice down your white shirt...

JagsorDie- this is a sensitive issue for NYC..

(03-27-2018, 12:06 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 11:55 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Or you popped the top off your bloody mary because i don't like drinking from a straw and dump red tomato juice down your white shirt...

JagsorDie- this is a sensitive issue for NYC..

Haha.  I'll clearly never live that bloody mary spill down. 

That white shirt has got at least one more football season in it thanks to one of those peroxide-based stain removersSmile

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM by JagsorDie.)

(03-27-2018, 12:06 PM)PF* Wrote: JagsorDie- this is a sensitive issue for NYC..

I got ya. sounds like he had a few specific incidents with cart drivers who im guessing are in this thread Laughing

I understand, i generally blame anything i can find when things start going wrong in my game. I like to think i am basically a scratch golfer if it wasn't for the ball, club, person playing in front of me, spilled drink, poor course conditions, or what ever i decide to blame it on. It is never my mechanics, approach, or lack of practice. I take no responsibilities for my actions, im either a millennial or gen x(dont care enough to look it up) so that is sort of our MO Banana

(03-27-2018, 12:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Haha.  I'll clearly never live that bloody mary spill down. 

That white shirt has got at least one more football season in it thanks to one of those peroxide-based stain removersSmile

HAHAHa i really didn't know. I feel your pain. Mine was a brand new nike FSU. It sat long enough to embed nicely down the gut.

(03-27-2018, 12:22 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

I got ya. sounds like he had a few specific incidents with cart drivers who im guessing are in this thread Laughing

I understand, i generally blame anything i can find when things start going wrong in my game. I like to think i am basically a scratch golfer if it wasn't for the ball, club, person playing in front of me, spilled drink, poor course conditions, or what ever i decide to blame it on. It is never my mechanics, approach, or lack of practice. I take no responsibilities for my actions, im either a millennial or gen x(dont care enough to look it up) so that is sort of our MO Banana

(03-27-2018, 12:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haha.  I'll clearly never live that bloody mary spill down. 

HAHAHa i really didn't know. I feel your pain. Mine was a brand new nike FSU. It sat long enough to embed nicely down the gut.

It was actually just my own personal gaff at PF*s tailgate prior to a game one Sunday.  He and his pals had amassed quite an impressive Bloody Mary Bar lavish with all the accoutrements. In my excitement to taste my carefully assembled concoction I spilled a stripe of it down a newly purchased white Jags polo. Very graceful move on my part. 

A little ice from the cooler and some oxy-clean at home later and we're all good  - aside from the fact that my lack of grace will obviously come up whenever bloody-marys and white shirts are the topic.

(03-27-2018, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 12:22 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I got ya. sounds like he had a few specific incidents with cart drivers who im guessing are in this thread Laughing

It was actually just my own personal gaff at PF*s tailgate prior to a game one Sunday.  He and his pals had amassed quite an impressive Bloody Mary Bar lavish with all the accoutrements. In my excitement to taste my carefully assembled concoction I spilled a stripe of it down a newly purchased white Jags polo. Very graceful move on my part. 

A little ice from the cooler and some oxy-clean at home later and we're all good  - aside from the fact that my lack of grace will obviously come up whenever bloody-marys and white shirts are the topic.

You may or may not have been with us when I had my 'hot dog incident' while tailgating.  

I  was wearing off-white shorts and the first bite of the hot dog sent a large blob of chili, mustard, and relish directly on my zipper.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 01:16 PM by JagsorDie.)

(03-27-2018, 01:09 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It was actually just my own personal gaff at PF*s tailgate prior to a game one Sunday.  He and his pals had amassed quite an impressive Bloody Mary Bar lavish with all the accoutrements. In my excitement to taste my carefully assembled concoction I spilled a stripe of it down a newly purchased white Jags polo. Very graceful move on my part. 

You may or may not have been with us when I had my 'hot dog incident' while tailgating.  

I  was wearing off-white shorts and the first bite of the hot dog sent a large blob of chili, mustard, and relish directly on my zipper.

Hmmm. I this thread has made me want to make a chili dog and a bloody mary. Doesn't sound like they go together but im probably not going to get it out of my head until i consume both.

I may go play a round and have a Bloody Mary after i stop at freddy's and get a chili dog. If my outfit makes it through this unscathed ill be impressed.

(03-27-2018, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It was actually just my own personal gaff at PF*s tailgate prior to a game one Sunday.  He and his pals had amassed quite an impressive Bloody Mary Bar lavish with all the accoutrements. In my excitement to taste my carefully assembled concoction I spilled a stripe of it down a newly purchased white Jags polo. Very graceful move on my part. 

The Bloody Mary bar is our once a year deal the morning of our "cabana game". We pick out one game and rent a terrace cabana with 20 people from the lot. It's a good deal, IMO, and everyone should do it at least once. $200 (may have gone up this year) gets you into the cabana plus all you can eat and drink (beer and wine) all day. It's a great time and the highlight of the season.

NYC stopping by the Bloody Mary bar and slopping tomato juice all over himself just added another level of hilarity to the day.

(03-27-2018, 01:09 PM)Rico Wrote: [quote pid='1115544' dateline='1522168355']

[/quote]

Can't top that one.

Better add something golf related to stay on topic- since the above, ah, gentlemen and I are going to play golf together, I think I will wear all dark clothing and bring some stain remover.

(03-27-2018, 05:51 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ... 

A little ice from the cooler and some oxy-clean at home later and we're all good  - aside from the fact that my 
NYC stopping by the Bloody Mary bar and slopping tomato juice all over himself just added another level of hilarity to the day.

(03-27-2018, 01:09 PM)Rico Wrote: [quote pid='1115544' dateline='1522168355']

Quote: 
Can't top that one.

Better add something golf related to stay on topic- since the above, ah, gentlemen and I are going to play golf together, I think I will wear all dark clothing and bring some stain remover.

[/quote]

Ha - I'll follow that lead.