Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What will DJ Hayden bring to the Jaguars?

(08-26-2018, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bumping this thread to update Hayden's status.

From my vantage point he played well vs ATL.  Anyone see anything concerning?

He looks good so far to me. Did he even allow a catch?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In the 3 pre-season games combined, approximately how much has D.J. Hayden been used on the outside, compared to the slot?

(08-27-2018, 04:40 PM)D6 Wrote: In the 3 pre-season games combined,  approximately how much has D.J. Hayden been used on the outside, compared to the slot?

He’s been lining up strictly at nickel, as was the plan when the front office signed him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I hope he continues looking good. So far, he and Patmon have been really surprised me with their play. I pray they continue that into the regular season.

(08-27-2018, 07:22 PM)Sknarnn Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 04:40 PM)D6 Wrote: In the 3 pre-season games combined,  approximately how much has D.J. Hayden been used on the outside, compared to the slot?

He’s been lining up strictly at nickel, as was the plan when the front office signed him.

Thanks.

Because D.J. Hayden has extensive NFL playing experience on the outside, that provides the Jaguars flexibility in case of an injury. IMHO, Hayden was average overall on the outside last season. But many NFL Nickel Backs are not well suited to play outside.  I think the versatility factor was a significant part of the Jaguars decision of the contract offer they gave to him.

Bumping for obvious reasons.

I think it’s safe to say he’s brought a lot to this team in only 2 games.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-19-2018, 09:42 PM)knarnn Wrote: Bumping for obvious reasons.

How upset is KYjaggy, ahem, Upper, that both DJ and Dante are playing great so far. He must be frantically trying to dig up some sort of analytic that shows it's just a ruse.

(09-19-2018, 09:59 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 09:42 PM)knarnn Wrote: Bumping for obvious reasons.

How upset is KYjaggy, ahem, Upper, that both DJ and Dante are playing great so far. He must be frantically trying to dig up some sort of analytic that shows it's just a ruse.

Not to mention, Watson and Beasley are playing like garbage and Teddy is a back up

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 10:12 PM by jessepeck1213.)

(09-19-2018, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 09:59 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: How upset is KYjaggy, ahem, Upper, that both DJ and Dante are playing great so far. He must be frantically trying to dig up some sort of analytic that shows it's just a ruse.

Not to mention, Watson and Beasley are playing like garbage and Teddy is a back up

Was he a Watson fan? I thought I remembered him not liking Watson because of his lack of ball velocity at the combine.

(09-19-2018, 10:09 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not to mention, Watson and Beasley are playing like garbage and Teddy is a back up

Was he a Watson fan? I thought I remembered him not liking Watson because of his lack of ball velocity at the combine.

But yea, Beasley is garbage and Teddy is a good backup and nothing more. I think that 80% of people would take dante and bort over those two in a heartbeat.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 11:25 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I was definitely wrong about Hayden. He's been looking fantastic both in coverage and on blitzes. I know the season is young, but I'll even go as far to say he is currently playing better than Aaron Colvin ever played and that is coming from a guy that that was really ticked off that we let him go. I was proven wrong, but I'm glad I was.

How is Colvin doing vs Hayden

(09-20-2018, 05:44 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: How is Colvin doing vs Hayden

PFF (for what thats worth) has Colvin rated slightly higher
74.9 to 71.3

Hayden has shown up better on stat sheets though... with a sack, a pass defensed, and more tackles
and I THINK Colvin is starting on the outside for Houston... so not really comparing apples to apples...

I never understood the obsession with colvin, yea he didnt allow a td, but i felt like most of the time teams would convert third down or get catches in the middle of the field it was colvin in coverage last year. Didnt think he was worth what he wantes to be paid and his play on the outside before bouye arrived was underwhelming at best.

Ive been on record since the offseason about how much i liked the hayden signing, he looked solid for the lions last year, had a 1st round pedigree, has all the traits you look for in a nickel, is a solid tackler, and is versatile to play inside and out and is an even better blitzer than colvin, we got an upgrade for half the cost!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I know it is early in the season but he may end of having a better season than Colvin did last year.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Pretty good signing eh?

Dare I say an upgrade over Colvin?

(12-05-2018, 06:38 AM)knarnn Wrote: Pretty good signing eh?

Definitely. I was highly skeptical based on everything we had seen of Hayden in the NFL but he's been great as our nickel. 
Appears to be pretty unreliable availability wise though, this will be his 4th season with less than 12 games played.

(12-05-2018, 07:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 06:38 AM)knarnn Wrote: Pretty good signing eh?

Definitely. I was highly skeptical based on everything we had seen of Hayden in the NFL but he's been great as our nickel. 
Appears to be pretty unreliable availability wise though, this will be his 4th season with less than 12 games played.

That’s called maximizing your profits.