Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(03-23-2018, 10:54 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 09:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol So the Jets traded all those picks to take Barkley?

Brilliant.

Jungle Cat strikes again.

Said the author of the "Jungle Cat Rule"...the immoral equivalent of Jim Crow Law.

Look. Diversity isn't a color. Black, white, yellow, brown, blue, and pink are mere colors. Diversity is the power of a million new ideas in need of a place of nurture so that these notions work together for the benefit of all mankind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2018, 01:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 10:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jungle Cat strikes again.

Said the author of the "Jungle Cat Rule"...the immoral equivalent of Jim Crow Law.

Look. Diversity isn't a color. Black, white, yellow, brown, blue, and pink are mere colors. Diversity is the power of a million new ideas in need of a place of nurture so that these notions work together for the benefit of all mankind.
So since you’re the GM of the Jets, do you feel it was a smart move to give up all those picks for a running back?

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 09:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think it's time to vote ya'll agree?

Denzel Ward to the Bears for me

(03-24-2018, 09:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think it's time to vote ya'll agree?

The Bears top two CBs are rather set with Fuller and Prince. They can find a nickel later on.

WIth that in mind, and with the Bears having released their starting LB Pernell McPhee, I'm thinking they take Tremaine Edmunds.

'02

(03-24-2018, 10:55 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 09:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think it's time to vote ya'll agree?

The Bears top two CBs are rather set with Fuller and Prince. They can find a nickel later on.

WIth that in mind, and with the Bears having released their starting LB Pernell McPhee, I'm thinking they take Tremaine Edmunds.

Uh Prince is not a quality starting CB. If they want Ward, I think thats a totally fair pick. Prince is a 3rd CB at this stage in his career. You can never have too many stud CBs

(03-24-2018, 07:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 01:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Said the author of the "Jungle Cat Rule"...the immoral equivalent of Jim Crow Law.

So since you’re the GM of the Jets, do you feel it was a smart move to give up all those picks for a running back?

I did not give up all those picks, but I ask you what is the goal of stockpiling quarterbacks? The Jets have FIVE (5) players of that position on their active roster currently. Do I need to reveal their names to you for you to understand that it is common sense that at least one (1) of them should step up so the others can continue to rest a while?

It is absurd to question why I picked the running back from Penn State. For plain example, NFL Network draft expert, Charles Davis, in his latest mock draft, considers this player to be drafted FIRST, 1-1, by the Cleveland Browns. Are the Cleveland Browns a team interested in drafting a quarterback prospect this year? Why do you suppose an expert like Charles Davis would suggest the Browns select Barkley first? The answer is he likely would NOT be left for them to draft with the fourth pick, 1-4 in this draft.

If you were more aware, you would instantly realize that Saquon Barkley FELL to the Jets at 1-3. I suggest to you the Jets are NOT the only team more interested is Saquon Barkley. There is a division among New York Giants fans. I know this because I did the due diligence necessary to learn which player(s) were being discussed among the localized fan bases. The strongest voices among Giant fans is to select Quenton Nelson. Less than equally there are voices to draft none other than Mr. Saquon Barkley, the running back of Penn State.

Multiple picks are the price some franchises are willing to pay for an improvement of their draft position.

The Bears have a knack for not drafting the way we think they will draft. I do notice that since 2010 the Bears have rotated their first round picks between an offensive selection and a defensive one. Last year the drafted the North Carolina quarterback, Mitchell Trubisky.

Everyone is raving about Tremaine Edmunds as a top five pick. He's very very good.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2018, 12:43 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-24-2018, 11:27 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 07:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So since you’re the GM of the Jets, do you feel it was a smart move to give up all those picks for a running back?

I did not give up all those picks, but I ask you what is the goal of stockpiling quarterbacks? The Jets have FIVE (5) players of that position on their active roster currently. Do I need to reveal their names to you for you to understand that it is common sense that at least one (1) of them should step up so the others can continue to rest a while?

It is absurd to question why I picked the running back from Penn State. For plain example, NFL Network draft expert, Charles Davis, in his latest mock draft, considers this player to be drafted FIRST, 1-1, by the Cleveland Browns. Are the Cleveland Browns a team interested in drafting a quarterback prospect this year? Why do you suppose an expert like Charles Davis would suggest the Browns select Barkley first? The answer is he likely would NOT be left for them to draft with the fourth pick, 1-4 in this draft.

If you were more aware, you would instantly realize that Saquon Barkley FELL to the Jets at 1-3. I suggest to you the Jets are NOT the only team more interested is Saquon Barkley. There is a division among New York Giants fans. I know this because I did the due diligence necessary to learn which player(s) were being discussed among the localized fan bases. The strongest voices among Giant fans is to select Quenton Nelson. Less than equally there are voices to draft none other than Mr. Saquon Barkley, the running back of Penn State.

Multiple picks are the price some franchises are willing to pay for an improvement of their draft position.
That’s fine and dandy that they have 5 QBs. Teddy and McCown are set but the rest will be gone. Surely you’re smart enough to understand that right?

You should also be smart enough to know that the rarely teams give up that many picks is for a QB. Saints did it once but it backfired terribly. The Jets made this move for a QB but you did this just to be difficult. 

It’s fine and this is only for fun but let’s at least be logical about it. They’re not drafting Barkley. It’ll be a QB and I’ll bet you anything you want that it will be a QB.

(03-24-2018, 11:22 AM)JNev Wrote:

Uh Prince is not a quality starting CB. If they want Ward, I think thats a totally fair pick. Prince is a 3rd CB at this stage in his career. You can never have too many stud CBs

I think Ward is a great pick regardless but Prince is starting quality corner. Has been for ages just can't stay healthy.

(03-24-2018, 11:56 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 11:22 AM)JNev Wrote: Uh Prince is not a quality starting CB. If they want Ward, I think thats a totally fair pick. Prince is a 3rd CB at this stage in his career. You can never have too many stud CBs

I think Ward is a great pick regardless but Prince is starting quality corner. Has been for ages just can't stay healthy.

I agree Ward would be a great pick. I just see them seriously needing a LB, and Edmunds is just about as good as they get.
'02

(03-24-2018, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 11:27 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I did not give up all those picks, but I ask you what is the goal of stockpiling quarterbacks? The Jets have FIVE (5) players of that position on their active roster currently. Do I need to reveal their names to you for you to understand that it is common sense that at least one (1) of them should step up so the others can continue to rest a while?

That’s fine and dandy that they have 5 QBs. Teddy and McCown are set but the rest will be gone. Surely you’re smart enough to understand that right?

You should also be smart enough to know that the only time teams give up that many picks is for a QB. Not for the most devalued position in all of football. The Jets made this move for a QB but you did it just to be difficult. 

It’s fine and this is only for fun but let’s at least be logical about it. They’re not drafting Barkley. It’ll be a QB and I’ll bet you anything you want that it will be a QB.
Which quarterback are they going to draft?

(03-24-2018, 01:44 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s fine and dandy that they have 5 QBs. Teddy and McCown are set but the rest will be gone. Surely you’re smart enough to understand that right?

You should also be smart enough to know that the only time teams give up that many picks is for a QB. Not for the most devalued position in all of football. The Jets made this move for a QB but you did it just to be difficult. 

Which quarterback are they going to draft?
Does it matter?

As of now it appears Darnold goes 1. Giants May go Chubb. That leaves Rosen, Mayfield or Allen.

They’re gonna draft a QB.

As of now I am still going to be highly surprised if QBs don't go 1-2-3 one way or another. The Giants will come to their senses and draft one or trade back for a HAUL.

The Bill's get one of the top 3 QBs in the draft

A very Bills move.

(03-24-2018, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: A very Bills move.

Yeah this has actually been a solid position player draft so far, but the QBs off the board have been FUBAR.

(03-24-2018, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: A very Bills move.

Rob Johnson 2.0

I got the Redskins taking Smith based purely on best player available. He also happens to fit a need for the Skins. They need speed and playmakers on D as they try to maintain the Eagles and Cowboys running game.

DJ Moore was another option just so they can give Alex Smith more weapons.

Washington seems to be a good spot for Leighton Vander Esch to land. What is Arizona going to do about QB?

(03-23-2018, 10:54 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 09:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol So the Jets traded all those picks to take Barkley?

Brilliant.

Jungle Cat strikes again.

HA! 

I was working all day yesterday and didn't notice this when I logged on earlier to make the packers pick. 
Too funny.