Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
March For Our Lives

(03-24-2018, 08:13 PM)DragonFury Wrote: People on this board: Kids these days are stupid, all they care about are their phones and snapchats!

Kids these days: We'll organize a march then because we're tired of getting shot at while you people refuse to get of your [BLEEP] and take even a single preventive measure against us getting shot at.

People on this board: OMG, look at all these kids being used as pawns!
And who is doing the shooting? Other millenials of course. Honestly aren't we onto the next generation in highschool right now? Its seems like people try to define millenials as if they are from 12 to 35 or something. I don't feel that I have anything in common with most people in highschool today, but I would fall in that range (admittedly the very upper end).

This march to nowhere is accomplishing nothing, except exciting some liberal school teachers and letting kids of school. Wasting everyones time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 06:14 AM by The Real Marty.)

I remember when my older brother was a college student during the Vietnam war, he went to the March on Washington, which was a huge anti-war demonstration, and when he came home from college, all he could talk about was how much fun he had at the demonstration, getting tear-gassed, smoking pot, running from the police, etc etc.   But what about the war?   Oh, he cared a little about the war, but mostly, he was there to have fun.  

When I was in high school, if I had had a chance to walk out of class, I would have walked out of class, no matter what the "cause" was.   I just wanted to get out of class.   Likewise, an average high school student these days, I would think, would love to go on a march for whatever, be with a bunch of people, have some fun marching and protesting whatever.   I'm sure they hate sacrificing their Saturday, when they could have been mowing the lawn.  

Then there's the media.   I don't normally mind the mainstream media, but I have to admit, if this had been a March to End Abortion, the coverage would have been vastly different.  They all want to declare this the beginning of a historic movement.   Any student of history could tell them that "historic movements" are only visible after they happen.  

But on the whole, it's just good clean fun.   It'll blow over in a month or so.

(03-25-2018, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But on the whole, it's just good clean fun.   It'll blow over in a month or so.

It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 07:37 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But on the whole, it's just good clean fun.   It'll blow over in a month or so.

It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

I would be in favor of gun control if I thought it was workable.   I'm no second amendment fanatic.   I just think there are so many guns out there, any serious attempt at gun control would be a disaster.   It would be unenforceable, it would create widespread rebellion, and it wouldn't accomplish anything.   Let's face it, in the United States, the horse is out of the barn on this issue.   It's too late.   One should only fight battles that are a)worth fighting, and b)winnable.   Gun control fails the "winnable" test.   It's un-winnable.

Once again, the streets of DC are trashed after this demonstration. These millennial kids should get a head start on their future careers and start cleaning it up, but they won't.

(03-25-2018, 02:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I guess it's easier to dismiss a bunch of kids than to admit your society is broken.

These kids are clueless...raised by adults that are clueless...led by a media hell-bent on destroying the West.  I love when they march though -- perfect example of how to DO NOTHING about something Smile

(03-25-2018, 12:05 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Only now, when it goes in accordance with their personal beliefs, do certain people value the opinion of emotional teenagers (uneducated on the subject) to base our laws around and to violate 2nd amendment rights.

There’s a reason many of them can’t buy cigarettes.

Because all those adults who are buying cigarettes are displaying judgement we should respect.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(03-25-2018, 08:59 AM)JiggyJagStar Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 02:38 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I guess it's easier to dismiss a bunch of kids than to admit your society is broken.

These kids are clueless...raised by adults that are clueless...led by a media hell-bent on destroying the West.  I love when they march though -- perfect example of how to DO NOTHING about something Smile

You aren't wrong. Horrible parenting is a huge piece of this, but social media is as well. The world was a better place before social media.

(03-25-2018, 09:09 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 12:05 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Only now, when it goes in accordance with their personal beliefs, do certain people value the opinion of emotional teenagers (uneducated on the subject) to base our laws around and to violate 2nd amendment rights.

Because all those adults who are buying cigarettes are displaying judgement we should respect.

The same adults who are manipulating them, or just the ones who hold different views?

I don't think you will find many people that believe society isn't broken.  The problem is we can't agree on what the solution is.  Blaming an inanimate object will solve absolutely nothing however.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-25-2018, 09:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 09:09 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Because all those adults who are buying cigarettes are displaying judgement we should respect.

The same adults who are manipulating them, or just the ones who hold different views?

Tell me about these manipulative adults. Who are they, specifically?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2018, 12:26 PM by Jagwired.)

(03-25-2018, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You aren't wrong. Horrible parenting is a huge piece of this, but social media is as well. The world was a better place before social media.

No,..no it wasn't. It has been and always will be pretty much the same. Human nature mandates that. Folks just didn't hear about it instantly.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

About as easy as dismissing that there were measures in place to stop this guy from having a gun, but the government failed everyone in stopping it from happening--at every level.

And then saying we should trust the governments to stop future shootings. 

(03-25-2018, 09:09 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

Do you think you aren't proving my point?

Poor Rick Santorum... How is it we have the winning hand so many times and just piss it all away...

(03-24-2018, 08:13 PM)DragonFury Wrote: People on this board: Kids these days are stupid, all they care about are their phones and snapchats!

Coming from a person that has 28,107 posts on this board.

(03-25-2018, 12:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You aren't wrong. Horrible parenting is a huge piece of this, but social media is as well. The world was a better place before social media.

No,..no it wasn't. It has been and always will be pretty much the same. Human nature mandates that. Folks just didn't hear about it instantly.

I disagree.  I grew up in an environment where gun safety was taught in school.  Where almost every pick-up had a gun rack and every gun rack had a rifle or gun in it.  A fist fight at lunch or after school did not lead to a mass shooting even when the loser of the fist fight had a truck with a gun rack with a gun in it.  Something has changed and it is not the gun.  

I have posted this counter point on multiple occasions and not once, not one single time has this point been challenged.  Not here, not on other sites.  So I ask; what is this rhetoric about?  Gun confiscation or solving the root cause?  Because blaming an inanimate object is pointless.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-25-2018, 09:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 08:59 AM)JiggyJagStar Wrote: These kids are clueless...raised by adults that are clueless...led by a media hell-bent on destroying the West.  I love when they march though -- perfect example of how to DO NOTHING about something Smile

You aren't wrong. Horrible parenting is a huge piece of this, but social media is as well. The world was a better place before social media.
It was a better place but yet here you are.... posting on a message board.

(03-25-2018, 12:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 09:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The same adults who are manipulating them, or just the ones who hold different views?

The March for Our Lives Fund is a front for Everytown which is Michael Bloomberg's group. Then there's the professional activists from California: Aileen Adams, George Keiffer, and Nina Vinik. East coast muscle including Vernetta Walker, Jeri Rhodes, Melissa Sholz. All of them part of the leadership of the March For Our Lives Fund.

In short, well know activists pushing their same old agenda using a new group of dupes and patsies. There's nothing Grass Roots about this, it's political Kayfabe, bought with leftist money and sold as something it's not.

And you people keep falling for it over and over again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-25-2018, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
It was a better place but yet here you are.... posting on a message board.

I am an adult. My point was more directed towards social media's corruption of youth.

(03-25-2018, 12:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 09:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The same adults who are manipulating them, or just the ones who hold different views?

The one who hung a profane sign board on a teenager, as shown in the link I posted, is a good start. Do you honestly think these marches are organic and that the parents have the resources to organize this? No. Leftist organizations are coming out of the woodwork to do that. In some of the pictures I’ve seen so far, one demeans Republicans and another makes a comparison between buying a gun and getting an abortion. Yep, that’s all high school kids talking.