Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
March For Our Lives

This tweet I saw pretty much sums it all up...

I can't believe we live in a time where liberal adults are dumb enough to be told by brainwashed teenagers with zero life experience how our country should be run.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-25-2018, 12:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 09:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The same adults who are manipulating them, or just the ones who hold different views?

Tell me about these manipulative adults. Who are they, specifically?

OOOOh  RJ here is one. Busted: Soros Paid March For Our Lives Protestors $300 Each
Journalist Jacob Wohl found ads posted on Craigslist where Soros organizers looked to recruit paid protestors to attend the march.

[Image: upload_2018-3-25_8-43-19-png.184547]

MARCH FOR OUR LIVES anti-gun violence protest! Street team! CASH PAID

“Here’s just one of many of the Craigslist ads where Soros Organizers were recruiting PAID protestors for #MarchForOurLives ! Don’t expect the MSM to talk about this,” the Editor In Chief for The Washington Reportertweeted.

Thehill.com reports: In a tweet, the former Wisconsin sheriff wrote that media appearances and an activism campaign from students of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School against gun violence had “George Soros’ fingerprints all over it.”

Busted: Soros Paid March For Our Lives Protestors $300 Each
Formerly known as The Real Joker

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 08:06 AM by The Real Marty.)

It's not that hard to get a million high school kids to go on a protest march, especially when it means they don't have to be doing homework, or mowing the lawn.  And they get to see all their friends, too.  

I guess I'm saying two things: first, it wouldn't take a whole lot of "adult manipulation" to get them to do this, and secondly, I'm just not that impressed with the whole thing.  

Protest marches are fun.   It gets you out of the house, you get some exercise, chant some slogans, see your friends, but in the end, what does it all mean?

(03-26-2018, 08:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This tweet I saw pretty much sums it all up...

I can't believe we live in a time where liberal adults are dumb enough to be told by brainwashed teenagers with zero life experience how our country should be run.

I noticed this too. Additionally, they even go so far as to denigrate themselves and their generation in an attempt to elevate the ‘wisdom’ of these children. Very strange, indeed.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 08:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-26-2018, 08:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This tweet I saw pretty much sums it all up...

You need to be consistent.   Are the kids being manipulated by the adults, or are the adults being told by the kids how the country should be run?  

If you ask me, this is nothing more than a gentle breeze, with little or no meaning or effect.   Protest marches happen on a monthly basis, and nothing much ever comes from them.

(03-26-2018, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

You need to be consistent.   Are the kids being manipulated by the adults, or are the adults being told by the kids how the country should be run?  

If you ask me, this is nothing more than a gentle breeze, with little or no meaning or effect.   Protest marches happen on a monthly basis, and nothing much ever comes from them.

It is tricky.

Marches like this are being organized by adults, but the left appears to be drawing their constitutional ideas from the same very kids.

(03-26-2018, 08:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You need to be consistent.   Are the kids being manipulated by the adults, or are the adults being told by the kids how the country should be run?  

It is tricky.

Marches like this are being organized by adults, but the left appears to be drawing their constitutional ideas from the same very kids.

No, the left is not drawing constitutional ideas from the kids.   These are not new ideas.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 08:35 AM by Southern Chicken.)

(03-26-2018, 08:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It is tricky.

No, the left is not drawing constitutional ideas from the kids.   These are not new ideas.
However the left have several motives for influence. The left were out at the protest registering for angry future voters.  
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ountry-n859756

"There were many organizations at the rallies ready to provide that opportunity on Saturday. That could add thousands of people to the voter rolls.
HeadCount, a nonpartisan organization that registers young voters at concerts, partnered with the students behind March for Our Lives and sent close to 1,000 volunteers to register marchers at Saturday’s crowd in Washington, which numbered 800,000 people, according to organizers."

(03-26-2018, 08:34 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, the left is not drawing constitutional ideas from the kids.   These are not new ideas.
However the left have several motives for influence. The left were out at the protest registering for angry future voters.  

"There were many organizations at the rallies ready to provide that opportunity on Saturday. That could add thousands of people to the voter rolls.
HeadCount, a nonpartisan organization that registers young voters at concerts, partnered with the students behind March for Our Lives and sent close to 1,000 volunteers to register marchers at Saturday’s crowd in Washington, which numbered 800,000 people, according to organizers."

That's one thing that might happen- some kids register as democrats and vote.  But kids don't normally vote, even the ones that are eligible.

(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But on the whole, it's just good clean fun.   It'll blow over in a month or so.

It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

Is the number of Americans killed by mass shootings in schools is more or less than the number of people forcibly euthanized without their consent in the Netherlands?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-26-2018, 10:49 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote: It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

Is the number of Americans killed by mass shootings in schools is more or less than the number of people forcibly euthanized without their consent in the Netherlands?

Oh, God, I have the feeling this is going to lead to some fact-checking, but go ahead and tell us what you think the answer is.

(03-26-2018, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:34 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote: However the left have several motives for influence. The left were out at the protest registering for angry future voters.  

That's one thing that might happen- some kids register as democrats and vote.  But kids don't normally vote, even the ones that are eligible.
The point is that they did a pretty good job of turning out millions of student with families in the latest march.  The Libs sure have a way to motivate the masses to anger while using it for a political agenda.  The media showed hundreds of signs and heard "speeches" condemning the NRA...and legal, law abiding gun owners. The media showed plenty of signs and heard "speeches" condemning Republicans and the President. I wonder why the media are not showing the signs condemning the killers, the FBI, Law enforcement, or any of the hundreds of people who chose to ignore warning signs in most of these tragic situations?

(03-26-2018, 10:49 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote: It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

Here's a database of all mass shootings (four or more people shot) in the US since 2013. It's not filtered by location but be my guest if you want to sort through the data. I should mention that it's a crowd sourced database because, as the site mentions, the CDC isn't allowed to do any research on the causes of gun violence (thank you NRA lobbying and your generous bribes campaign contributions).

I should note that most of the British panel shows I watch are currently off the air so I haven't had a good laugh in a while. With that in mind I would absolutely love to see what sources you can conjure up that say the forced euthanasia is even remotely a problem in the Netherlands.

(03-25-2018, 06:50 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But on the whole, it's just good clean fun.   It'll blow over in a month or so.

It might, or it might not. Either way in a few months or even weeks someone is going to walk into another school and blow another dozen or so kids away and you lot get to repeat your pathetic little fantasy where you could have saved them all if only you had been there with your gun.

There was a school shooting in Maryland last week.  An armed resource officer put a quick end to it before the shooter had a chance to do more harm.  That story has gotten almost no play in the media because it doesn't serve their narrative.

As far as these kids organizing this march in DC yesterday, you don't do that without money and organization backing you.  This wasn't an organic march.  It was a well funded, choreographed show for the media.  These kids were nothing more than useful idiots utilized to push an agenda that the political left embraces.  What happened to them in February was tragic.  What's happening with them right now is just pathetic.  

Look at where the money is coming from to pay for these 'grass roots' rallies.  They're concerned about saving the lives of children, yet one of the supporters and donors Planned Parenthood.  Regardless of your views on abortion, Planned Parenthood terminates more children per year than guns do, yet it is never mentioned as a perpetrator when talking about saving the children.  Why not?  If ever there was a massive slaughter of kids taking place, a government funded operation has significantly more blood on its hands than "full semi-automatic military style assault weapons".
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-26-2018, 12:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:49 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Is the number of Americans killed by mass shootings in schools is more or less than the number of people forcibly euthanized without their consent in the Netherlands?

Here's a database of all mass shootings (four or more people shot) in the US since 2013. It's not filtered by location but be my guest if you want to sort through the data. I should mention that it's a crowd sourced database because, as the site mentions, the CDC isn't allowed to do any research on gun violence, its causes or its impact (thank you NRA lobbying and your generous bribes campaign contributions).

I should note that most of the British panel shows I watch are currently off the air so I haven't had a good laugh in a while. With that in mind I would absolutely love to see what sources you can conjure up that say the forced euthanasia is even remotely a problem in the Netherlands.

The credibility of this is suspect when they say the CDC doesn't keep statistics on gun violence.  That's absolute crap.  The CDC does one of the better jobs of aggregating the data and providing additional detail about the gun deaths including suicide, accidental, etc...

Feel free to look at the research "not" done by the CDC on their own website.

BTW, Planned Parenthood pumps as much money into political campaigns as the NRA, and they receive tax subsidies to support their operation, so thanks a lot Planned Parenthood for your generous bribes donations using taxpayer dollars.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-26-2018, 01:02 PM)FBT Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 12:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Here's a database of all mass shootings (four or more people shot) in the US since 2013. It's not filtered by location but be my guest if you want to sort through the data. I should mention that it's a crowd sourced database because, as the site mentions, the CDC isn't allowed to do any research on gun violence, its causes or its impact (thank you NRA lobbying and your generous bribes campaign contributions).

The credibility of this is suspect when they say the CDC doesn't keep statistics on gun violence.  That's absolute crap.  The CDC does one of the better jobs of aggregating the data and providing additional detail about the gun deaths including suicide, accidental, etc...

Feel free to look at the research "not" done by the CDC on their own website.

To directly quote the website: "At this point (December 2015) Congress has effectively blocked the CDC from researching the underlying causes of gun violence."

While my paraphrasing is not accurate (I've edited my post now), that statement is completely accurate. The CDC collects data what happens, it's banned from researching why it happens.

(03-26-2018, 12:58 PM)FBT Wrote:

There was a school shooting in Maryland last week.  An armed resource officer put a quick end to it before the shooter had a chance to do more harm.  That story has gotten almost no play in the media because it doesn't serve their narrative.

There's an entire thread in this very forum with multiple links to major news organizations covering that event including it being the top story for the day. No, it wasn't covered as much as the Parkland shooting but then again, its impact was much smaller. With news these days there is a simple saying "if it bleeds, it leads".

(03-24-2018, 08:13 PM)DragonFury Wrote: People on this board: Kids these days are stupid, all they care about are their phones and snapchats!

Kids these days: We'll organize a march then because we're tired of getting shot at while you people refuse to get of your [BLEEP] and take even a single preventive measure against us getting shot at.

People on this board: OMG, look at all these kids being used as pawns!

I guess you didn't see the leaked cell phone video of the Broward County leaders' operational meeting. They talked about all the freebies the attendees from Parkland would be getting. Marriot has provided a free hotel and Southwest airlines is flying everyone for free. Gabby, Bloomberg and Soros are providing local transport and heavily armed law enforcement including National Guard with AR-15s! And we might get to meet Joe Biden!

The "kids" have nothing to do with organizing this. They do not understand their role. They are Hitler's brownshirts and will be the first up against the wall when their communist revolution happens.

(03-26-2018, 12:22 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:49 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Is the number of Americans killed by mass shootings in schools is more or less than the number of people forcibly euthanized without their consent in the Netherlands?

Here's a database of all mass shootings (four or more people shot) in the US since 2013. It's not filtered by location but be my guest if you want to sort through the data. I should mention that it's a crowd sourced database because, as the site mentions, the CDC isn't allowed to do any research on the causes of gun violence (thank you NRA lobbying and your generous bribes campaign contributions).

You're right. My source is that wild-[BLEEP] crazy right wing New England Journal of Medicine.

Quote:Of all deaths, 0.4% were the result of the ending of life without an explicit request by the patient. 

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmsa071143

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

LOL ....  They have enough life experience to realize they shouldn't be getting shot at by AR-15's in school.  Perhaps their mind is open enough to see reality.

LOL ... The 20 year old's back in 1968 had zero life experience but were smart enough to know that everybody going to Vietnam were coming back in body bags (while the Gov was lying to the general adult population that was too ignorant and stubborn to listen)

(03-26-2018, 08:03 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 12:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Tell me about these manipulative adults. Who are they, specifically?

OOOOh  RJ here is one. Busted: Soros Paid March For Our Lives Protestors $300 Each

Do you have any idea how low the bar for entry to Craigslist is? A Craiglist ad proves nothing other than that some people genuinely need to look up at the ceiling, because the word "gullible" is up there.