Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
March For Our Lives

(03-26-2018, 01:10 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 01:02 PM)FBT Wrote: The credibility of this is suspect when they say the CDC doesn't keep statistics on gun violence.  That's absolute crap.  The CDC does one of the better jobs of aggregating the data and providing additional detail about the gun deaths including suicide, accidental, etc...

Feel free to look at the research "not" done by the CDC on their own website.

To directly quote the website: "At this point (December 2015) Congress has effectively blocked the CDC from researching the underlying causes of gun violence."

While my paraphrasing is not accurate (I've edited my post now), that statement is completely accurate. The CDC collects data what happens, it's banned from researching why it happens.

CDC stands for Center for Disease Control. You might put two and two together and realize that "gun violence" is not a disease. The CDC should not be in that business. That data should be available from the FBI, Justice Department, or maybe the BATF. 

Obama expanded every federal agency's role so that, among other things, they all now have their own personal arsenals. But the Federal agencies really need to just do the job they were created to do, not go far afield and expand their scope and cost. This expansion of needless bureaucracy is what "The Swamp" is all about, and why it needs to be drained. It appeared that there was some progress being made, but the new budget fails miserably in that respect.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 11:07 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:03 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote: OOOOh  RJ here is one. Busted: Soros Paid March For Our Lives Protestors $300 Each

Do you have any idea how low the bar for entry to Craigslist is? A Craiglist ad proves nothing other than that some people genuinely need to look up at the ceiling, because the word "gullible" is up there.

Are you saying libs are "gullible"?  
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...hey-hire-/
Formerly known as The Real Joker

(03-27-2018, 07:54 AM)Southern Chicken Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 11:07 PM)TJBender Wrote: Do you have any idea how low the bar for entry to Craigslist is? A Craiglist ad proves nothing other than that some people genuinely need to look up at the ceiling, because the word "gullible" is up there.

Are you saying libs are "gullible"?  
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...hey-hire-/

He's not Captain Obvious.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was surprised they organized it on a Saturday instead of using it as an excuse to get out of going to school or work on a weekday.

BTW... This march had a sign that says "Trump kills kids" and another that said something about banning assault rifles, with a picture of a musket.
This poorly educated, easily manipulated kids are tools of the left and I blame the parents.

Ban all guns... I don't even care at this point. Assault rifles, pistol grip short barrel shotguns, .50 cal bullets... ban it all!
Then the bad guys won't be able to do crazy killing stuff.
Unless they use bombs...
Ban all bombs! oh...wait...

Can we make it harder to get guns without taking them away? Sure... will it stop bad people from obtaining them illegally? No.
Will it stop our government from selling guns to the bad guys? No.
Will it set a precedent for your government to further extend its powers? Hmmmm..... perhaps?

March away kiddos! You're doing good work getting nothing accomplished. Because... you can regulate the hell out of anything you want... you can even prohibit it... but it doesn't mean it will work or have the desired effect you are looking for.

Your voices were surely heard though...
:eye roll: