Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DT Ndamukong Suh to Rams - 1-year -$14M

(03-27-2018, 07:20 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:56 PM)TheeKB Wrote: I just don’t see any reason not to be better if at all possible. Our d-line is a pass rushing, edge stopping swarm of wasps BUT we are suspect up the middle and u know it. Suh pulls double duty A LOT, can u imagine the havoc!? I mean the packages u could run with that unit is crazy. U could plug Fowler in for Posluszny or have him stunt and drop back at mlb.
Starting lineup
LDE Ngakoue
LDT Jackson/Dareus
RDT Suh/Jones
RDE Campbell

Our bear package would be nuts. Showing a 5 man front
That could play as a legit 5 or go 4-3/3-4 without the blink of an eye... c’mon! Do I really have to try this much to sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

a) We were fine against the run once we acquired Dareus.
b) Where is the money supposed to come from, especially since we have a boatload tied up at DT already?

Idk man, let a man dream mmmkayyy!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2018, 07:48 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 07:42 AM)Achilles Wrote: This is arguable but Suh might not even be a starter if he were on the jags right now.

He'd be the best DT on our team soo

I don't think he's better than Calais or Malik....it's close, and dareus is very very good at specifically what the team wants out of him. 

Maybe on the Rams he finds new life but I'd rather have our players.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote: What's the over/under on minutes played before his first Unsportsmanlike?

I don’t believe he had one his entire tenure at the Dolphins? The average per team tho is 2. Sure he had personal fouls but who didn’t? People just hate the guy, he’s number 5 on top 20 most hated players survey with #1 being Tom Brady.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 01:53 PM by RicoTx.)

(03-27-2018, 12:00 PM)TheeKB Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote: What's the over/under on minutes played before his first Unsportsmanlike?

I don’t believe he had one his entire tenure at the Dolphins? The average per team tho is 2. Sure he had personal fouls but who didn’t? People just hate the guy, he’s number 5 on top 20 most hated players survey with #1 being Tom Brady.

Well we hate him because he's a dirty [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 07:48 AM)JackCity Wrote: He'd be the best DT on our team soo

I don't think he's better than Calais or Malik....it's close, and dareus is very very good at specifically what the team wants out of him. 

Calais starts outside for us and mixes inside. Suh is a much better DT than Dareus and just as good as a run stopper. He'd easily start.

(03-27-2018, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Achilles Wrote: I don't think he's better than Calais or Malik....it's close, and dareus is very very good at specifically what the team wants out of him. 

Calais starts outside for us and mixes inside. Suh is a much better DT than Dareus and just as good as a run stopper. He'd easily start.

Says you. 

Malik Jackson: 8 sacks, 4 ff, 3 pd, 31 tackles
Suh: 4.5 sacks, 2 ff, 2 pd, 19 tackles

Malik: 6.5 sacks, 0 ff, 4 pd, 28 tackles
Suh: 5 sacks, 0 ff, 6 pd, 31 tackles

Statistically Malik has been better, he's 3 years younger, he's faster, he has better pass rush moves, he isn't a locker room cancer, he isn't a dirty player, and Malik is costing us slightly less. 

I get that you see the name Suh and you think back to the hype when he was drafted but those days are gone. Like I said, it's arguable, but for you to say he would easily start is hyperbole.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-27-2018, 01:48 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Calais starts outside for us and mixes inside. Suh is a much better DT than Dareus and just as good as a run stopper. He'd easily start.

Says you. 

Statistically Malik has been better, he's 3 years younger, he's faster, he has better pass rush moves, he isn't a locker room cancer, he isn't a dirty player, and Malik is costing us slightly less. 

I get that you see the name Suh and you think back to the hype when he was drafted but those days are gone. Like I said, it's arguable, but for you to say he would easily start is hyperbole.

2 words : Double Team

(03-28-2018, 11:32 AM)TheeKB Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:48 PM)Achilles Wrote: Says you. 

2 words : Double Team

Watch his tape in Miami.

Outside of one game, he was garbage.

(03-27-2018, 01:48 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Calais starts outside for us and mixes inside. Suh is a much better DT than Dareus and just as good as a run stopper. He'd easily start.

Says you. 

Malik is a better pass rusher at this point and Suh is a much better run defender and all around player.  If you are judging them solely on the stats you just used then your missing a large part of the picture. 

"I get that you see the name Suh and you think back to the hype when he was drafted but those days are gone.

Lol. He was literally an All pro in 2016 and was one of the best tackles in football this year. Top 10 in fact. If you are trying to be condescding at least know what you are talking about.

Even if you want to say Malik is better than Suh (it's wrong but understandable) then fine, but he is easily better than Dareus and ergo "would easily start".

(03-28-2018, 03:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:48 PM)Achilles Wrote: Says you. 

Malik is a better pass rusher at this point and Suh is a much better run defender and all around player.  If you are judging them solely on the stats you just used then your missing a large part of the picture. 

"I get that you see the name Suh and you think back to the hype when he was drafted but those days are gone.

Lol. He was literally an All pro in 2016 and was one of the best tackles in football this year. Top 10 in fact. If you are trying to be condescding at least know what you are talking about.

Even if you want to say Malik is better than Suh (it's wrong but understandable) then fine, but he is easily better than Dareus and ergo "would easily start".

Dareus is a unique type of player that I don't think anyone else in the league is better at him than what he does. 

I listed statistics as well as listed a multitude of pros that Malik has over Suh, so no I'm not basing it solely on statistics, whereas your argument is solely based on you stating that Suh is "easily" better as if it's a fact. It's not, and there are plenty of people that would agree with me. 

The statistics were simply there to support my opinion. Yours is baseless and erroneous. Go watch the tape from last season, Malik would run circles around Suh, and like I said, dareus as a run stopping DT is the best in the NFL, and that's probably less arguable than the original point.

(03-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 03:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Malik is a better pass rusher at this point and Suh is a much better run defender and all around player.  If you are judging them solely on the stats you just used then your missing a large part of the picture. 

Dareus is a unique type of player that I don't think anyone else in the league is better at him than what he does. 

I listed statistics as well as listed a multitude of pros that Malik has over Suh, so no I'm not basing it solely on statistics, whereas your argument is solely based on you stating that Suh is "easily" better as if it's a fact. It's not, and there are plenty of people that would agree with me. 

The statistics were simply there to support my opinion. Yours is baseless and erroneous. Go watch the tape from last season, Malik would run circles around Suh, and like I said, dareus as a run stopping DT is the best in the NFL, and that's probably less arguable than the original point.

Okay well for one that isn't true. Damon Harrison is the best run stopping tackle in football. Linval Joseph is #2. Suh is up there. Micheal Pierce is up there.   

You thought Suh hasn't been playing well though, when he consistently has been one of the best tackles in football. That leads me to believe you haven't actually watched him.  
Here are some extra "stats" for context:  Suh 2017:  9 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, 43 pressures all while being an elite top tier run defender on a bad defense.  ELITE.  

So as I already said , you can keep your Malik>Suh point if you wish.  You'd rather Malik, I'd rather Suh.

Dareus is an elite run defender (not the best) but Suh is too. When you add in ALL the extra pass rush and disruption Suh brings over Dareus its pretty inarguable he's a better player at this point and would start for us. 

Take off the homer glasses for a bit and be objective. Its fine to think Dareus is very good while also seeing that Suh would start for us. He's a top 10 tackle and one of the best run defenders in football.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 04:22 PM by Achilles.)

(03-28-2018, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Achilles Wrote: Dareus is a unique type of player that I don't think anyone else in the league is better at him than what he does. 

Okay well for one that isn't true. Damon Harrison is the best run stopping tackle in football. Linval Joseph is #2. Suh is up there. Micheal Pierce is up there.   

You thought Suh hasn't been playing well though, when he consistently has been one of the best tackles in football. That leads me to believe you haven't actually watched him.  
Here are some extra "stats" for context:  Suh 2017:  9 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, 43 pressures all while being an elite top tier run defender on a bad defense.  ELITE.  

So as I already said , you can keep your Malik>Suh point if you wish.  You'd rather Malik, I'd rather Suh.

Dareus is an elite run defender (not the best) but Suh is too. When you add in ALL the extra pass rush and disruption Suh brings over Dareus its pretty inarguable he's a better player at this point and would start for us. 

Take off the homer glasses for a bit and be objective. Its fine to think Dareus is very good while also seeing that Suh would start for us. He's a top 10 tackle and one of the best run defenders in football.

I don't even know why you're arguing that. Unless you're saying suh is also better than campbell.

Because you still have Malik and you still have campbell, and Yannick....at that point in time, Suh would only be in the game in certain packages, and we already have dareus to fill that role.

So I guess I would agree that as a rotational DT, Suh would be better than dareus OVERALL, but it isn't really needed, and still not worth the baggage.

And again, you just calling him a top 10 tackle doesn't make it so, neither do pff stats or anything. We will find out this year just how good he is because there is no arguing the talent around him now.

(03-28-2018, 04:20 PM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Okay well for one that isn't true. Damon Harrison is the best run stopping tackle in football. Linval Joseph is #2. Suh is up there. Micheal Pierce is up there.   

I don't even know why you're arguing that. Unless you're saying suh is also better than campbell.

Because you still have Malik and you still have campbell, and Yannick....at that point in time, Suh would only be in the game in certain packages, and we already have dareus to fill that role.

So I guess I would agree that as a rotational DT, Suh would be better than dareus OVERALL, but it isn't really needed, and still not worth the baggage.

And again, you just calling him a top 10 tackle doesn't make it so, neither do pff stats or anything. We will find out this year just how good he is because there is no arguing the talent around him now.
Campbell plays outside like 70% of the time for us.   

No if we had Suh our starting Dline would be Calais-Suh-Jackson-Yannick.  If you had Suh he'd get more snaps inside than anyone bar Malik.

"I guess I would agree that as a rotational DT, Suh would be better than dareus OVERALL, but it isn't really needed, and still not worth the baggage."  

Nope, I never said we needed him and regardless of what way you look at it Suh is a better player than Dareus.  Just that saying he wouldn't start here is a ridiculous statement.    

I don't use PFF grades. So a question, how do you determine who is a top 10 player or not? Who are your top 10 tackles and why? He's a multiple all pro player.

(03-28-2018, 04:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Achilles Wrote: Dareus is a unique type of player that I don't think anyone else in the league is better at him than what he does. 

This! Thank you sir.