Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dumb NFL rule changes

While I remain skeptical, there appears to be some hope.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...lmet-rule/

Now that won't solve all of the calls, and that doesn't address the egregiously bad penalty on the Kessler sack, but this seems a step in the right direction.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2018, 09:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While I remain skeptical, there appears to be some hope.

Now that won't solve all of the calls, and that doesn't address the egregiously bad penalty on the Kessler sack, but this seems a step in the right direction.

Glimmer of hope.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 12:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-23-2018, 11:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 09:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: While I remain skeptical, there appears to be some hope.

Glimmer of hope.

Even though we were the beneficiaries, that penalty on the Kessler call is the stuff of nightmares.

If Ngakoue even farts in Brady's general direction, I could see a flag thrown.

(08-21-2018, 06:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 05:46 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Perhaps I am over reacting, but it seems to me they have pretty much legislated the three and four point stances and drive blocking out of the game.

What in the world has happened to our game?

Just when we get good again, they make it illegal to be us. 

Shaking my head in dismay.

- Ref blows whistle and throws flag. -

“Head was down while shook in dismay. 15 yard penalty.”
Laughing Angry Sick Wallbash

I remember when the roughing the QB rule became a thing, and Steelers' HOF LB Jack Lambert famously decreed "put a skirt on em!"

One can only imagine what he thinks about these rules now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This will be the most infuriating season ever.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 11:49 AM by shadowjag01.)

Today -(er..Wed)
"In a conference call Wednesday afternoon, members of the NFL’s competition committee emphasized two points: inadvertent or incidental contact with the helmet or facemask is not a penalty, and seeing a player in the dangerous linear posture is not a penalty."

It would help if I read links posted before me. DOH!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The league is officially ruling that roughing the passer this season and aren't going to change. The league fined that Vikings player for that sack on Kessler.  Wallbash