Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clive Walford waived by Oakland

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-walford/

A waiver claim would be nice there.

Also, Marquette King > one-legged Chris Hanson > Matt Turk >>>>>>>>>>>> Brad Nortman

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018, 05:08 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I agree. I liked Walford coming out of college, but he was barely ever used in Oakland. I believe a change of scenery would re-vitalize his career. I would take King in an instant. He ranked 3rd in net average last year. What are the Raiders thinking?

Marquette King would make for some interesting trick plays with his throwing and athletic ability. I hope we take a look.

I would go after King for sure. We didn't bring back Nortman right?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-30-2018, 05:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would go after King for sure. We didn't bring back Nortman right?

Unfortunately, there are still two years left on his deal. We're paying that guy $8.8 million over four years to shank punts and outkick his coverage.

(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 05:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would go after King for sure. We didn't bring back Nortman right?

Unfortunately, there are still two years left on his deal. We're paying that guy $8.8 million over four years to shank punts and outkick his coverage.

Ouch! Wasn't aware of that.

That's correct but he has no dead money left on his contract I think...that means that we can eventually cut him at any time now if we decide to bring in another punter right?

Good thing he can be cut with zero dead money against the cap.

(03-30-2018, 05:52 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)TJBender Wrote: Unfortunately, there are still two years left on his deal. We're paying that guy $8.8 million over four years to shank punts and outkick his coverage.

Good thing he can be cut with zero dead money against the cap.

Please do it. I want this guy on our team.

I doubt Walford makes it to us, but he would be a great pickup.

Gruden clearly not a fan of flashy punters. Wonder if Coughlin is?

(03-30-2018, 08:49 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Gruden clearly not a fan of flashy punters. Wonder if Coughlin is?

The guy is definitely an "odd duck", but who cares, as long as he does his job well?

I'd be fine with him as our 3rd stringer. Just a guy.

Bring in King. Lord knows he did enough damage to us in the past. Doesn't hurt he's a top 5 punter.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They have an out-clause. 

They can pay Nortman 4 mil right now and be done with him with no dead money. Pricey way to change punters, but it's an option.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...man-10028/

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 09:48 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-31-2018, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 05:23 PM)TJBender Wrote: Unfortunately, there are still two years left on his deal. We're paying that guy $8.8 million over four years to shank punts and outkick his coverage.

They have an out-clause. 

They can pay Nortman 4 mil right now and be done with him with no dead money. Pricey way to change punters, but it's an option.

Why would we have to pay him 4 mil? He has already gotten all his guaranteed money and is says a 250,000 option for 2018. It says right there zero dead cap space for 2018

(04-01-2018, 09:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They have an out-clause. 

Why would we have to pay him 4 mil? He has already gotten all his guaranteed money and is says a 250,000 option for 2018.  It says right there zero dead cap space for 2018

Right. I misread it. Thanks.

Quote:The Oakland Raiders cut Marquette King, which saved $2.9 million against the cap.

Jon Gruden reportedly made the call to cut King as he had issues with the personality of the punter.

Jack Del Rio said in 2016 that he had grown tired of King after he picked up 15-yard personal foul penalties in back-to-back games.

More castoffs, pass