Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National TV games

Meh, who cares, as long as we’re playing in January and February!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2018, 06:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 03:19 PM)atburg Wrote: Didn't the 3-13 Giants have 3 straight Primetime games this year right off the bat? Dallas will get at least 4, so they can talk about zeke 14,000 times ,Same with Green Bay coming off the Rodgers injury.

Damn , I hope so!

Those teams have a lot more history and a much broader audience which means more money. And if they're slotted to play a serious division rival? Forget about it. The Jaguars don't have this yet but they're working towards it.

BLASPHEMY !!!  The Giants and Packers suck.  They don't even yell the name of their County during games.

(04-02-2018, 09:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 06:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Those teams have a lot more history and a much broader audience which means more money. And if they're slotted to play a serious division rival? Forget about it. The Jaguars don't have this yet but they're working towards it.

BLASPHEMY !!!  The Giants and Packers suck.  They don't even yell the name of their County during games.

If they started now that would be funny.

As an fan from the United Kingdom, personally (although rather selfishly) I hope we don't have any prime-time games, as it makes it impossible to watch knowing I have to get up for work the next day.

I like the 1pm E.T games on a Sunday, it means they are on a Sunday evening in the UK and perfect for viewing whilst enjoying a Yorkshire pudding.

(04-02-2018, 03:19 PM)atburg Wrote: Didn't the 3-13 Giants have 3 straight Primetime games this year right off the bat? Dallas will get at least 4, so they can talk about zeke 14,000 times ,Same with Green Bay coming off the Rodgers injury.

Giants + Dallas + Green Bay = 13 [Image: Vince-Lombardi-Trophy.jpg]

Winning cures everything.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 09:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-02-2018, 08:54 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Meh, who cares, as long as we’re playing in January and February!

In all honesty, I don't like home night games.  It makes the next morning at work very painful.

(04-02-2018, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 09:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: BLASPHEMY !!!  The Giants and Packers suck.  They don't even yell the name of their County during games.

If they started now that would be funny.

That would be Bergen County for the Giants and Brown County for the Packers

Beeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgen

Brooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn

.... king of weird.  Smile

We'll probably get one primetime game (They'll give us back our Thursday night game). MAYBE one Monday night game, but I wouldn't be too sure. Yeah, we won enough last year to make it to the AFC Championship. But we're still not a huge draw. Defense never is. We were also way too hot/cold last year.

(04-03-2018, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 08:54 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Meh, who cares, as long as we’re playing in January and February!

In all honesty, I don't like home night games.  It makes the next morning at work very painful.

(04-02-2018, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they started now that would be funny.

So Cleveland fans shout out the county for the Packers?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I agree with DuvalJag, playoff games are primetime enough for me.

(04-03-2018, 10:36 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: In all honesty, I don't like home night games.  It makes the next morning at work very painful.

For Cleveland fans it would be Cuyahoga County.

Cuyahooooooooooooga lol

(04-03-2018, 12:58 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 10:36 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

For Cleveland fans it would be Cuyahoga County.

Cuyahooooooooooooga lol

Knowing Cleveland Fan, they couldn't get through Cuyahoooooooooooooooga without taking a few drinks of beer and a bite of their burger.

It doesn't matter to me. I live in Gville, so I'll watch them all anyways.

(04-03-2018, 02:50 PM)jjgator Wrote: It doesn't matter to me. I live in Gville, so I'll watch them all anyways.

Thanks for confirming.  We all were concerned night games may impact your viewing capabilities.

(04-01-2018, 07:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Man you are out of your mind you don't think we are not getting a prime time Sunday night game. In fact, I think we are getting 2 Primetime Sunday night games New England and Pittsburgh. Our Monday night game is going to be against somebody like Buffalo and I will Thursday night game going to be against Houston. I also think we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving day since we never did it before and the league wants new teams on there during that day.

Based on the Jags improved play? 

Nonsense, the nationally televised games are mostly based on maximizing the TV ratings. The Jags are still not a big draw.

But they play big draw opponents.
Dallas (turkey day?)
Iggles (London)
Squeelers (MNF)
Pats (TNF/SNF)

I think all are possibilities.

(04-03-2018, 10:21 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: We'll probably get one primetime game (They'll give us back our Thursday night game).  MAYBE one Monday night game, but I wouldn't be too sure.  Yeah, we won enough last year to make it to the AFC Championship.  But we're still not a huge draw.  Defense never is.  We were also way too hot/cold last year.

Nah... The NFL likes to give "up and coming" teams prime time.
Even if it backfires and those dark horses don't pan out.

The tinhorns last year got 3 Primetime games (mostly because they were supposed to be AFCS favorites, aside from Houston being a large market)
The DOLPHINS got 4 last year. Bet those were awesome games to watch.......
The skins and raiders got 5 primetime games and those teams were grabbage.

I think the NFL tries to schedule in a way they think will bring competitive and highly rated games.

I'd be surprised if we get 4 or more... but there are certainly possibilities for them.
Pats, Steelers, and Boys are my guesses for primetime games.
Along with the London game being "nationally shown" whether those are streamed or aired early AM Sunday.

(04-04-2018, 11:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 07:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Based on the Jags improved play? 

Nonsense, the nationally televised games are mostly based on maximizing the TV ratings. The Jags are still not a big draw.

But they play big draw opponents.
Dallas (turkey day?)
Iggles (London)
Squeelers (MNF)
Pats (TNF/SNF)

I think all are possibilities.

^ This.

I think it hinges more on the market size/popularity of the opponent as much, if not more than considering just the Jags. 

Jags were a competitive, deep playoff run team; they play big market opponents Pitt, NE, Dallas, PHI (2 of which were playoff matchups).

I could see them getting primetime for the Pitt, NE, Dallas games easily.

We'll see though.

(04-03-2018, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

(04-02-2018, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they started now that would be funny.

Yeah, that's weird.  Big Grin

Told ya so!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Shocked, thrilled, and happy to be wrong to say we were not going to get 1 SNF game. 2 prime time games is a good # imo, and if we keep performing the # will grow. Lets go Jags!

(04-19-2018, 09:13 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Shocked, thrilled, and happy to be wrong to say we were not going to get 1 SNF game. 2 prime time games is a good # imo, and if we keep performing the # will grow. Lets go Jags!

Here are teams that finished with 6 or less wins in 2017 that have more PT games than the Jags:
49ers 5
Jets 3
Den 3
Oak 3
Giants 4
Chi 3

I guess these teams don't have to prove themselves right? This is BS and you know it
[Image: giphy.gif]