Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National TV games

2 PT games for a team that was 5 minutes from the SB is disrespect

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2018, 05:37 AM)UGojags Wrote: Well I’m really bored and have been waiting for the schedule to come out in a few weeks and excited we have a few away games I can potentially attend(live in CA)

What primetime games do you think we will get? My guess is one Sunday night game vs Pats or Steelers. A Monday night game against one of our division teams probably Texans assuming Watson is healthy. A Sunday afternoon basically national game(430 Eastern kickoff)  vs the cowboys in Dallas. Maybe also a Thursday game against the Bills or chiefs.

Does anyone see us get more than one Sunday night game?

Close to what I expected but I’m surprised we don’t have any prime time games vs Texans esp Monday as it seems to have a weak schedule. Also I figured our snf game would be early in the season. it looks like the league isn’t fully sold on us yet and hope the titans late Thursday game isn’t a dud as in past.

(04-02-2018, 03:07 PM)FBT Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Man you are out of your mind you don't think we are not getting a prime time Sunday night game. In fact, I think we are getting 2 Primetime Sunday night games New England and Pittsburgh. Our Monday night game is going to be against somebody like Buffalo and I will Thursday night game going to be against Houston. I also think we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving day since we never did it before and the league wants new teams on there during that day.

I’m not out of my mind. I hope I’m wrong. But, this is still a small market team with a small national footprint.  That’s taken into consideration in televising games.  Ratings mean dollars to the networks, and revenue drives what they show.  That’s just a fact.

I apologize to you fbt because the network screwed us and you were right the whole time. Crap like this is sometimes why I hate the NFL the because it's all about politics instead of doing what's right by all 32 teams.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Those 4pm Romo called games will be national. Pats and Cowboys.

The Jaguars- Eagles is the biggest game in London ever. Will also be nationally viewed no?

Jaguars Vs Steelers on SNF.

Why are people upset ?

Good God...who the hell cares? Always something to whine about.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 07:10 AM)JackCity Wrote: Those 4pm Romo called games will be national.  Pats and Cowboys.

The Jaguars- Eagles is the biggest game in London ever. Will also be nationally viewed no?

Why are people upset ?

Exactly. I think we had a pretty good haul. Shouldn't be any complaints.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 08:52 AM by Kane.)

(04-20-2018, 07:10 AM)JackCity Wrote: Those 4pm Romo called games will be national.  Pats and Cowboys.

Why are people upset ?

Maturity issues....
internet...
fans...
ya know.... silly stuff.

EVERY GAME MUST BE MONDAY NIGHT!!! HOW DARE THEY GIVE LARGE TV MARKETS MORE AIR TIME!!!!!

(04-20-2018, 07:24 AM)Rico Wrote: Good God...who the hell cares?  Always something to whine about.

Because the fans have sacrificed a home game to London, and this helps the NFL and 31 other teams who don’t give up the game. And in return the NFL gives us crumbs a year after going to the AFC championship. The small market excuse doesn’t roll either as GB and KC have more games prime time. I’m not terribly upset about it, but OTH there’s no denying the NFL kind of gave Jax the shrift here

(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 07:24 AM)Rico Wrote: Good God...who the hell cares?  Always something to whine about.

Because the fans have sacrificed a home game to London, and this helps the NFL and 31 other teams who don’t give up the game. And in return the NFL gives us crumbs a year after going to the AFC championship. The small market excuse doesn’t roll either as GB and KC have more games prime time. I’m not terribly upset about it, but OTH there’s no denying the NFL kind of gave Jax the shrift here

So what?  

I'm one of 'the fans' that's had tickets since day #1 and to get bent out of shape about a [BLEEP] time slot is just stupid.  What does this have to do with London?  And please explain to me exactly what we are 'losing' by not getting night games.

Meh, I’ve kind of embraced the us versus them. Don’t need no stinkin primetime games! I’ll be there at 9 a.m. if that is game time. Although, not going to lie...those 1 p.m. games can get brutal! I hate to be sitting on the east side.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:19 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-20-2018, 09:34 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Because the fans have sacrificed a home game to London, and this helps the NFL and 31 other teams who don’t give up the game. And in return the NFL gives us crumbs a year after going to the AFC championship. The small market excuse doesn’t roll either as GB and KC have more games prime time. I’m not terribly upset about it, but OTH there’s no denying the NFL kind of gave Jax the shrift here

So what?  

I'm one of 'the fans' that's had tickets since day #1 and to get bent out of shape about a [BLEEP] time slot is just stupid.  What does this have to do with London?  And please explain to me exactly what we are 'losing' by not getting night games.
Just because you feel a certain way that doesn't mean everybody should fall in line because of it. I have being a season ticket holder since 1997 and I like attending night games because I am young enough in my thirties to enjoy them. It's okay to feel different about the situation but don't get mad if we don't all feel the same way as you.

(04-20-2018, 08:51 AM)Kane Wrote:

Why are people upset ?

Maturity issues....
internet...
fans...
ya know.... silly stuff.

EVERY GAME MUST BE MONDAY NIGHT!!! HOW DARE THEY GIVE LARGE TV MARKETS MORE AIR TIME!!!!!

Maybe just maybe evaluate yourself before you become judgemental on somebody else my good man.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:21 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-20-2018, 10:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:34 AM)Rico Wrote: So what?  

Just because you feel a certain way that doesn't mean everybody should fall in line because of it. I have being a season ticket holder since 1997 and I like attending night games because I am young enough in my thirties to enjoy them. It's okay to feel different about the situation but don't get mad if we don't all feel the same way as you.

Mad?  LOL.  I'm just commenting on the babies that need to WHINE about being 'disrespected'.  Good for you that you enjoy them.  I enjoy ALL of the games regardless of what time they're played.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-20-2018, 10:20 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Just because you feel a certain way that doesn't mean everybody should fall in line because of it. I have being a season ticket holder since 1997 and I like attending night games because I am young enough in my thirties to enjoy them. It's okay to feel different about the situation but don't get mad if we don't all feel the same way as you.

Mad?  LOL.  I'm just commenting on the babies that need to WHINE about being 'disrespected'.  Good for you that you enjoy them.  I enjoy ALL of the games regardless of what time they're played.
Babies huh. LOL. You're probably not man enough to defend yourself if you was to say that in person
So I like all the games as well that's why I kept renewing my season tickets even when the team played like crap over the years. Only a coward like you would insult somebody's manhood because I dont agree with you.

(04-20-2018, 10:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:20 AM)Rico Wrote: Mad?  LOL.  I'm just commenting on the babies that need to WHINE about being 'disrespected'.  Good for you that you enjoy them.  I enjoy ALL of the games regardless of what time they're played.
Babies huh. LOL. You're probably not man enough to defend yourself if you was to say that in person

You are treading a fine line. Tone it down please, and try to stop taking everything so personally.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:30 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-20-2018, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Babies huh. LOL. You're probably not man enough to defend yourself if you was to say that in person

You are treading a fine line. Tone it down please, and try to stop taking everything so personally.

Well tell the other people like Rico as well to do the same thing because I'm not going to let anybody just insult my manhood because we disagree on a topic. We should be more adult than this and I hope you will agree with me on it. We should be able to debate a topic in peace without the insults from anyone.

(04-20-2018, 10:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:34 AM)Rico Wrote: So what?  

(04-20-2018, 08:51 AM)Kane Wrote: Maturity issues....
internet...
fans...
ya know.... silly stuff.

Maybe just maybe evaluate yourself before you become judgemental on somebody else my good man.

Triggered much?
I didn't call out anyone specifically. 
Listed a few reasons why people are freaking out so much.

But sure... I need some self evaluation lol

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:51 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-20-2018, 10:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:20 AM)Rico Wrote: Mad?  LOL.  I'm just commenting on the babies that need to WHINE about being 'disrespected'.  Good for you that you enjoy them.  I enjoy ALL of the games regardless of what time they're played.
So I like all the games as well that's why I kept renewing my season tickets even when the team played like crap over the years. Only a coward like you would insult somebody's manhood because I dont agree with you.

Dude, you have no idea who I am.  I guarantee YOU wouldn't say that to MY face.  

I didn't target any one poster...whereas you made direct threats to me, as humorous as they were.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 11:09 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-20-2018, 10:48 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Babies huh. LOL. You're probably not man enough to defend yourself if you was to say that in person

Dude, you have no idea who I am.  I guarantee YOU wouldn't say that to MY face.  

I didn't target any one poster...whereas you made direct threats to me, as humorous as they were.

Imma just say this and leave it alone with you because I don't want to get banned or warning because of it. You was talkin to me and this is not the first time you did it so from this point on please stop it and I promise you there's no fear in me at all towards you whether or not we ever meet in person. Like I said I'm going to leave it like this and I won't comment to you no more about it because I don't want to get banned or warning because of it.

(04-20-2018, 10:29 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are treading a fine line. Tone it down please, and try to stop taking everything so personally.

Well tell the other people like Rico as well to do the same thing because I'm not going to let anybody just insult my manhood because we disagree on a topic. We should be more adult than this and I hope you will agree with me on it. We should be able to debate a topic in peace without the insults from anyone.

He didn't quote you, reply to your post or address you specifically and you chose to take his post personally. 
His opinion is as welcome here as your own. 

You seem to think the Jags were short-changed in the number of prime time games. He doesn't think so. 

No big deal. 

If you are going to take general posts that involve phrases like "whining like babies" personally, you are going to have a rough go of it here.  I had seen that phrase tossed about in HUNDREDS of threads here since joining this board. 
Unless someone is harassing you personally and singling you out, you need to be able to let that stuff go, my man. 
Water off a duck's back.

(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

A few points:

1.  The league plays at least three games a year in London, and the Jaguars only play in one of them.  In other words, other teams have lost a true home game, too.

2.  The league has also played games in Mexico City and will this year.  This has the same impact on the fans of the teams that play south of the border.

3.  The teams do this willingly, in part because there is immediate profit to be made, and the league sees a long term interest in promoting the sport internationally.

I agree with you to an extent that the Jaguars got the short shrift if you presume prime time games are the prize.  But I submit given the teams we play this year, we'll get more exposure than a lot of teams.  KC has more nationally televised games starting out than we do.  They have three games against the LA teams, a game against San Francisco, a game against New England, and a game against Pittsburgh.  We have two games against New York teams, a game against New England, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, Pittsburgh, two games against Houston.  We are going to play in some really big markets/fan bases.  As long as this team performs well, we will get the exposure this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!