Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National TV games

(04-20-2018, 11:00 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Dude, you have no idea who I am.  I guarantee YOU wouldn't say that to MY face.  

I didn't target any one poster...whereas you made direct threats to me, as humorous as they were.

Imma just say this and leave it alone with you because I don't want to get banned or warning because of it. You was talkin to me and this is not the first time you did it so from this point on please stop it and I promise you there's no fear in me at all towards you whether or not we ever meet in person. Like I said I'm going to leave it like this and I won't comment to you know more about it because I don't want to get banned or warning because of it.

So here's my final say.  You're so insecure that you thought the post was directed at you?  You were the only one in the thread complaining about prime time games?  No?  But it was somehow 'directed at you'.  Yet you respond to a general post made in the forum...that was directed to nobody in particular...and automatically assume it's directed at you?  Who has the problem here?

And yes, I have directed things at you.  Like when you incorrectly group me in with the Bortles haters.  Find anything else...anything...that I've ever directed at you besides something about Bortles and your incessant need to defend him.  

Wow.  Insecure much?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love the schedule. Plenty of national exposure, teams from big, loyal markets. Such an opportunity. Just let yourself imagine the Jaguars beating the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys in front of national audiences. They would become the media darlings of the NFL, and the team every fan with no affiliation roots for.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 11:24 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I love the schedule. Plenty of national exposure, teams from big, loyal markets. Such an opportunity. Just let yourself imagine the Jaguars beating the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys in front of national audiences. They would become the media darlings of the NFL, and the team every fan with no affiliation roots for.

This is more or less my take as well.  Two primetime games was my expectation - so I'm not disappointed. 
The exposure created by the overall schedule is a clear and marked improvement to last year.  I really don't feel slighted. 
Another winning season in 2018?  Then a bit more exposure in 2019.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:43 PM by SamusAranX.)

(04-20-2018, 09:34 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Because the fans have sacrificed a home game to London, and this helps the NFL and 31 other teams who don’t give up the game. And in return the NFL gives us crumbs a year after going to the AFC championship. The small market excuse doesn’t roll either as GB and KC have more games prime time. I’m not terribly upset about it, but OTH there’s no denying the NFL kind of gave Jax the shrift here

So what?  

I'm one of 'the fans' that's had tickets since day #1 and to get bent out of shape about a [BLEEP] time slot is just stupid.  What does this have to do with London?  And please explain to me exactly what we are 'losing' by not getting night games.

More prime time exposure can expand the fan base nationwide potentially. Night games are also more likely to sell out locally, at least for teams like ours who have to sell tickets on a year to year basis because of churn unlike Steelers and Packers, and so on. 

As far as London, I personally think it isn’t fair to you dedicated season ticket holders that you have to give up a home game every year. I know of the benefits of course, but it is a trade off as again no other team is obligated every year to give up a home game and therefore devalue the season ticket purchase for the fan base. Basically I meant that Shad threw the NFL a bone; it would just be nice if he got more prime exposure for the team.

(04-20-2018, 11:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:24 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I love the schedule. Plenty of national exposure, teams from big, loyal markets. Such an opportunity. Just let yourself imagine the Jaguars beating the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys in front of national audiences. They would become the media darlings of the NFL, and the team every fan with no affiliation roots for.

This is more or less my take as well.  Two primetime games was my expectation - so I'm not disappointed. 
The exposure created by the overall schedule is a clear and marked improvement to last year.  I really don't feel slighted. 
Another winning season in 2018?  Then a bit more exposure in 2019.

It definitely is an improvement. 

If we become consistently good and as years pass, maybe we will become the Giants and Packers of the league; getting prime time games 4 or 5 times a year. Then we know the team has truly arrived so to speak

(04-20-2018, 07:24 AM)Rico Wrote: Good God...who the hell cares?  Always something to whine about.

My thought exactly.  In this day and age pretty much EVERY NFL game is a "nationally televised" event.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-19-2018, 11:43 PM)jagboss Wrote: 2 PT games for a team that was 5 minutes from the SB is disrespect

This disrespect thing is just silly.  It's not about the success the team saw on the field last year.  It's about the ratings draw a team brings in prime time.  

Networks don't make money by making small market fans with a chip on their shoulders feel validated or respected. They do it by putting matchups on TV that draw the most eyeballs. They're spending billions to broadcast the games. Ad revenue depends on maximizing ratings.

Considering the market size, the fact that they're hosting a Sunday night game relatively late in the season is the reward for being a small market team that won a division and made a nice run in the playoffs.  

As nice as it is to land the prime time games, I'm more interested in the matchups than the kickoff time or television coverage.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(04-22-2018, 11:57 PM)FBT Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 11:43 PM)jagboss Wrote: 2 PT games for a team that was 5 minutes from the SB is disrespect

This disrespect thing is just silly.  It's not about the success the team saw on the field last year.  It's about the ratings draw a team brings in prime time.  

Networks don't make money by making small market fans with a chip on their shoulders feel validated or respected.  They do it by putting matchups on TV that draw the most eyeballs.  They're spending billions to broadcast the games. Ad revenue depends on maximizing ratings.  

Considering the market size, the fact that they're hosting a Sunday night game relatively late in the season is the reward for being a small market team that won a division and made a nice run in the playoffs.  

As nice as it is to land the prime time games, I'm more interested in the matchups than the kickoff time or television coverage.

I agree on the disrespect thing. I don’t care about that. 

As I stated above, I personally want this team to grow in terms of market share, revenue, etc and I just feel prime time games will help that. 

And yes, having Sunday Night football back even for once is nice in itself.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 02:28 PM by Mr.P..)

It is a very favorable schedule.
First game is in NY.....would be VERY hot at the Bank.
The three toughest opponents are at Home...or London,which is a large advantage considering Eagles have never 
made the trip.
I wish we DID NOT have a Thursday game though.....would trade that one for a Monday Night game.
The players hate the Thursday games....short turnaround time can be a huge disadvantage for a banged up team....esp.
for the traveling team(us).
If it was at Home it would be much better.
Otherwise its a good schedule....toughest road game is in K.C.

Just glad the tacks have 3 night games plus some 4pm games as well. All on the 2nd half of the schedule, tells me they expect the tacks to be leading the division and playing good ball in november

Apparently the week 16 game against Miami has gone from Sunday Dec 23rd at 1:00 PM to TBD on the schedule as have a few other games that weekend. Looks like we have a chance of it getting moved to Saturday the 22nd.

Oh the disrespect!

(05-15-2018, 09:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Apparently the week 16 game against Miami has gone from Sunday Dec 23rd at 1:00 PM to TBD on the schedule as have a few other games that weekend.  Looks like we have a chance of it getting moved to Saturday the 22nd.  

Oh the disrespect!

Well Christopher Columbus that was always the case from The moment the schedule came out so welcome to the party because you're not mentioning anything new here.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-15-2018, 11:20 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 09:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Apparently the week 16 game against Miami has gone from Sunday Dec 23rd at 1:00 PM to TBD on the schedule as have a few other games that weekend.  Looks like we have a chance of it getting moved to Saturday the 22nd.  

Oh the disrespect!

Well Christopher Columbus that was always the case from The moment the schedule came out so welcome to the party because you're not mentioning anything new here.

NFL.com did not show the game as TBD when the schedule came out.  I’m not sure when they updated it in the week 16 view as I haven’t checked the schedule since release, but even now it still shows the 23rd at 1pm in the drop down when you actually click on the game on NFL.com.  Maybe I’m late to the party on this one, but I doubt I’m the only one that saw that game scheduled for a 1pm Sunday kickoff when the schedule was released.

(05-15-2018, 09:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Apparently the week 16 game against Miami has gone from Sunday Dec 23rd at 1:00 PM to TBD on the schedule as have a few other games that weekend. Looks like we have a chance of it getting moved to Saturday the 22nd.

Oh the disrespect!
(05-16-2018, 12:25 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 11:20 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Well Christopher Columbus that was always the case from The moment the schedule came out so welcome to the party because you're not mentioning anything new here.

NFL.com did not show the game as TBD when the schedule came out.  I’m not sure when they updated it in the week 16 view as I haven’t checked the schedule since release, but even now it still shows the 23rd at 1pm in the drop down when you actually click on the game on NFL.com.  Maybe I’m late to the party on this one, but I doubt I’m the only one that saw that game scheduled for a 1pm Sunday kickoff when the schedule was released.
It was known that 2 games would be on Saturday, but I don't think the Jags were known. It still shows 1pm 12/23 on the Jaguars schedule.

There are 4 games that they will pick from, Jags and Titans are 2 of the games that week.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk