Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
active shooter at youtube HQ

(04-04-2018, 11:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Cool post dude.

Perhaps you can go after some elementary kids while you're at it.  Here ya go.  

While his post comes off ignorant, it's about as close to the absolute truth in Florida high schools or around the U.S. for that matter. American high schools are an always connected, highly influenced, clique encouraging, cesspool of bullying whether we like it or not. It's no wonder kids complain of societal stresses.

Your lame attempt at running with the media narrative is as ignorant in appearance. Comparing his opinion to that of "going after" elementary kids is crazy. David Hogg and the other political activist young adults threw themselves into the limelight with encouragement from their activist parents (Rebecca Boldrick) and with the support of media influence, not to mention a few billionaires. The narrative you just used is the same the media uses to spread their agenda driven opinion by hiding behind 'children.' You know most Americans would have a fit if the bias agenda were spouted directly from the networks themselves. In any case, David Hogg spews abhorrence freely so he and the others should expect backlash. Their opinions are now open to equal or more significant criticism. His and the others 5 minutes is about up based on the lacking of any substance from multiple recent interviews. Would be nice to hear a few words from the non-activist students. Crazy, marches and protests used to exist for the gaining and reinforcement of civil rights; now they march to give them away!

Agreed.

Who cares that Hogg and his cohorts are children anyway? They're plenty old enough to know the consequences of expressing their opinions in the public forum. Not only do they advocate taking guns away from people, they do it rudely and expect to be treated fairly despite their poor attitudes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2018, 12:24 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-04-2018, 09:26 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 08:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What a dumb comment.  Come on, man!

Just spittin' facts. Sandalwood in 99 wasn't a fun place.

Sandalwood in general isn't a fun place. I graduated in 07. My first year there in 03 we had a riot break out during lunch period outside and a few security guards had to use mace everywhere. Then we had a few rapes. And another kid O.D on xanax bars. Had another girl busted performing oral sex in a classroom of 30 or more students and then another student I believe hung himself in the gymnasium one morning and was found dead during first period. 

I was personally never bullied in High School but by the time I had reached 10th grade I was a lot bigger and stronger than most kids. That school was and still is a [BLEEP] hole as far as I am concerned. I don't miss it one bit. The only teachers I honestly ever cared for there was Mr. Johns & Mr. Dorough. They taught English in a fun way and were always well spoken and stood up in front of the class and taught and engaged the room. Other than that? They all pretty much sucked. We had [BLEEP] football coaches "teaching" us world history at one point. Another joke. 

But yeah. Don't miss it one bit. Both of my younger brothers also went through that [BLEEP] hole of a school. They'll tell you the same thing I've said. Nothing much has changed. And I am sure most high schools are just as bad nationwide.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-04-2018, 12:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:26 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Just spittin' facts. Sandalwood in 99 wasn't a fun place.

Sandalwood in general isn't a fun place. I graduated in 07. My first year there in 03 we had a riot break out during lunch period outside and a few security guards had to use mace everywhere. Then we had a few rapes. And another kid O.D on xanax bars. Had another girl busted performing oral sex in a classroom of 30 or more students and then another student I believe hung himself in the gymnasium one morning and was found dead during first period. 

I was personally never bullied in High School but by the time I had reached 10th grade I was a lot bigger and stronger than most kids. That school was and still is a [BLEEP] hole as far as I am concerned. I don't miss it one bit. The only teachers I honestly ever cared for there was Mr. Johns & Mr. Dorough. They taught English in a fun way and were always well spoken and stood up in front of the class and taught and engaged the room. Other than that? They all pretty much sucked. We had [BLEEP] football coaches "teaching" us world history at one point. Another joke. 

But yeah. Don't miss it one bit. Both of my younger brothers also went through that [BLEEP] hole of a school. They'll tell you the same thing I've said. Nothing much has changed. And I am sure most high schools are just as bad nationwide.

Yea, during my time there were two race riots. That was extreme. No media coverage at all. Ahh the days before social media.

So many of you guys are sooo insecure. Internet tough guys. Have to prove your manliness by denigrating a guy in high school. High school!

No wonder many of you have a gun fetish. Those human beings are apparently too scary.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(04-04-2018, 12:50 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: So many of you guys are sooo insecure. Internet tough guys. Have to prove your manliness by denigrating a guy in high school. High school!

No wonder many of you have a gun fetish. Those human beings are apparently too scary.

In my head, you are a spitting image of David Hogg. Please don't ever post an actual picture and ruin that image for me.

(04-04-2018, 12:50 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: So many of you guys are sooo insecure. Internet tough guys. Have to prove your manliness by denigrating a guy in high school. High school!

mmmmmkay, you wouldn't have survived a High School in Jville.

Is his opinion irrelevant or to be taken seriously? You guys really need to get this part of the argument straight.

(04-04-2018, 09:15 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 08:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The self-righteous arrogance of youth. 

Whether he's right or wrong on the issue, egotistical arrogance and self-righteousness is always a major turn-off for me.
That’s a face only CNN could love.

I think MSNBC might want some of that action.

[Image: e70.jpg]
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(04-04-2018, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

In my head, you are a spitting image of David Hogg. Please don't ever post an actual picture and ruin that image for me.

pure soy
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Once again the police stood down and let it happen. Even after the shooter's father reported her missing and relayed his fears that she went off the rails. He was shocked they found her near YouTube HQ and he told the cops AGAIN that she was dangerous and the cops said they will keep an eye on her. Later the same day she shoots up YouTube HQ.

So, what about the gun? Did the cops determine if she had one? Did she obtain it legally? Did she have a carry permit? Was the pistol unloaded and locked in a separate compartment, away from the magazine or ammo, as required by CA law?

Legally purchased (10 day wait period and background check), possessed training certification, California compliant and registered S&W 9mm.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-05-2018, 08:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Legally purchased (10 day wait period and background check), possessed training certification, California compliant and registered S&W 9mm.

Perfect progression from "military style weapons shouldn't be in the hands of civilians" to "hand guns are just a bad so we should take those too."

Almost like it's scripted in advance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2018, 10:13 AM by pirkster.)

(04-05-2018, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 08:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Legally purchased (10 day wait period and background check), possessed training certification, California compliant and registered S&W 9mm.

Perfect progression from "military style weapons shouldn't be in the hands of civilians" to "hand guns are just a bad so we should take those too."

Almost like it's scripted in advance.

Yet without all the wall to wall coverage, and the walkouts, rallys, etc. because not enough of the triggering boxes are checked in this instance.

It's almost as if there's a maturity gap between the 30 somethings and the teenagers affected by the two incidents.

Interesting in this case, is that the focus is on the individual and coming up with possible motives and excuses for her behavior, as if this weren't the fault of the gun and the NRA.  So maybe there is hope for progress.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-05-2018, 08:09 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Once again the police stood down and let it happen.  Even after the shooter's father reported her missing and relayed his fears that she went off the rails.  He was shocked they found her near YouTube HQ and he told the cops AGAIN that she was dangerous and the cops said they will keep an eye on her.  Later the same day she shoots up YouTube HQ.

So, what about the gun?  Did the cops determine if she had one?  Did she obtain it legally?  Did she have a carry permit?  Was the pistol unloaded and locked in a separate compartment, away from the magazine or ammo, as required by CA law?

The police say that the family contacted them about Aghdam being missing and where they thought she was located, but they never told them about the potential threat to YouTube or its employees. It wasn't until after the shooting that he told them about what he knew.