Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

Disappointing finale. Not in the show as far as how the episode played out. I thought it was well done. Just really didn't see nor expect it to end up that way. This is going in a completely different direction than the comics. Which is interesting but it makes you question how much further this show is going to run and also whether or not Negan is going to be a character that lasts long after this issue is cleared up between Rick's group and The Saviors or if Rick stays true to his word and ends up killing him. I feel like that may happen now.

But what a let down with Carl's death. Assuming that bite truly is a death sentence and not some type of tease or set up where it's apart of the plan to get after Negan or whatever. That didn't seem to be the case though. So after all the hype and heart to heart this season about him being the future, and the leader and then he makes all the right decisions like saving that guy, recruiting him into the group and then saving all of those people while also willing to sacrifice himself to Negan. They do this to him. I know the fan base is kind of split on Carl. I've personally liked the kid and his character development from pretty much the beginning. So it's a tough loss for me as a fan.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Havent seen this show in 3 weeks

(12-11-2017, 07:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Disappointing finale. Not in the show as far as how the episode played out. I thought it was well done. Just really didn't see nor expect it to end up that way. This is going in a completely different direction than the comics. Which is interesting but it makes you question how much further this show is going to run and also whether or not Negan is going to be a character that lasts long after this issue is cleared up between Rick's group and The Saviors or if Rick stays true to his word and ends up killing him. I feel like that may happen now.

But what a let down with Carl's death. Assuming that bite truly is a death sentence and not some type of tease or set up where it's apart of the plan to get after Negan or whatever. That didn't seem to be the case though. So after all the hype and heart to heart this season about him being the future, and the leader and then he makes all the right decisions like saving that guy, recruiting him into the group and then saving all of those people while also willing to sacrifice himself to Negan. They do this to him. I know the fan base is kind of split on Carl. I've personally liked the kid and his character development from pretty much the beginning. So it's a tough loss for me as a fan.

I've read this story arc is different from the comics based on the actor moving on to college and trying to get into the big screen. Rumors to say the least.
However, he isn't dead yet... this will be critical in Rick's next evolution.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TWD come to a close after the 10th season. It's getting pretty close to catching the comics. After this season we have the Whisperer War and from what I've gathered via the internet there isn't a whole lot of substantial material written yet after that war.

I was surprised by the move I didn't think Carl or Rick could die for the show to progress but I'm OK with it as long it spurns a good story.
The show has been losing its simmer for me for this season. Not sure if the zombie craze has just hit a wall for me or what... but I'm gonna keep watching until I just can't anymore lol

(11-22-2017, 01:14 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Yeah Michonne isn't dating the king...Andrea is dead. It's different. Just liked the reference. Threw folks a bone. Pretty sure the title says (Spoilers). There's plenty in this thread.

Same with Gabriel's death being shown last week. They like to shout out to the original material when they're going a different direction with the plot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2017, 11:54 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 07:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Disappointing finale. Not in the show as far as how the episode played out. I thought it was well done. Just really didn't see nor expect it to end up that way. This is going in a completely different direction than the comics. Which is interesting but it makes you question how much further this show is going to run and also whether or not Negan is going to be a character that lasts long after this issue is cleared up between Rick's group and The Saviors or if Rick stays true to his word and ends up killing him. I feel like that may happen now.

I've read this story arc is different from the comics based on the actor moving on to college and trying to get into the big screen. Rumors to say the least.
However, he isn't dead yet... this will be critical in Rick's next evolution.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TWD come to a close after the 10th season. It's getting pretty close to catching the comics. After this season we have the Whisperer War and from what I've gathered via the internet there isn't a whole lot of substantial material written yet after that war.

I was surprised by the move I didn't think Carl or Rick could die for the show to progress but I'm OK with it as long it spurns a good story.
The show has been losing its simmer for me for this season. Not sure if the zombie craze has just hit a wall for me or what... but I'm gonna keep watching until I just can't anymore lol

It's not the genre, it's how poorly they're executing what could otherwise be a really powerful and engaging story. I think about how they wrote/used the Governor, Martinez, Hershel, Tyreese, The Hunters/Claimers, Terminus, The Wolves, Abraham, Glenn and the rest and it makes me sad that it's become such a mess. Even the new communities are full of plausible and compelling characters that just get glossed over, killed for no reason, or left out entirely. They're trying to make these characters so complex that they've made them weak, dumb, and indecisive.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yeah im pretty sure now that this ends with Negan dead which is a shame he's such a good character reminds me of Shane in the beginning just ahead of the curve.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Nah Negan won't die. Others may, I think Daryl's time is a ticking.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 07:37 AM by Caldrac.)

Daryl can kick the bucket. When you look back now over the last two years he's become a detriment to the team. His sucker punch to Negan cost them Glenn. His decision to ram the truck into the Sanctuary allowed an easy exit for the Saviors in addition to Eugene's idea to drive them away with music. Even though they tried to gloss over it and make it seem like it was more of Eugene's doing. Daryl still played a hand in it.

That's why Negan is a better leader overall than Rick. He's able to keep his dogs on a leash for the most part. Sure, he's slipped up with Dwight but they all do. Ultimately Rick will prevail because he's the primary character and that's just how the story will unfold and go. But the show must be coming to a close shortly with Carl's presumed death. Jeffrey Dean Morgan may be too much of an actor to keep for another three seasons if they plan on jailing him and having some type of character development within Alexandria. I believe his story carries over into the Whisperer story as well to the point to where he's actually assisting Rick.

But I think Rick's going to kill him as he's told him numerous times throughout their scenes together. LOL. They keep paying a lot of fan service to the comic readers though. The Jail cell was built by Morgan to signify some sense of law and order. And then Negan and Carl shared a moment before the attack on Alexandria. Negan tells Rick flat out that he loves the kid and he'll be one of his top guys in a few years. These are all really, really good elements that I've read about in the comics that develop over time. Negan and Carl do end up becoming pretty connected in a way and it's because he treats him like a young man instead of a little boy.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-12-2017, 07:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Daryl can kick the bucket. When you look back now over the last two years he's become a detriment to the team. His sucker punch to Negan cost them Glenn. His decision to ram the truck into the Sanctuary allowed an easy exit for the Saviors in addition to Eugene's idea to drive them away with music. Even though they tried to gloss over it and make it seem like it was more of Eugene's doing. Daryl still played a hand in it.

That's why Negan is a better leader overall than Rick. He's able to keep his dogs on a leash for the most part. Sure, he's slipped up with Dwight but they all do. Ultimately Rick will prevail because he's the primary character and that's just how the story will unfold and go. But the show must be coming to a close shortly with Carl's presumed death. Jeffrey Dean Morgan may be too much of an actor to keep for another three seasons if they plan on jailing him and having some type of character development within Alexandria. I believe his story carries over into the Whisperer story as well to the point to where he's actually assisting Rick.

But I think Rick's going to kill him as he's told him numerous times throughout their scenes together. LOL. They keep paying a lot of fan service to the comic readers though. The Jail cell was built by Morgan to signify some sense of law and order. And then Negan and Carl shared a moment before the attack on Alexandria. Negan tells Rick flat out that he loves the kid and he'll be one of his top guys in a few years. These are all really, really good elements that I've read about in the comics that develop over time. Negan and Carl do end up becoming pretty connected in a way and it's because he treats him like a young man instead of a little boy.

I still think they plan to fill Carl's story with Judith, but that presumes that they planned to do it years ago and I'm not csrtain those writers can think that far ahead.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:09 AM by Caldrac.)

(12-12-2017, 08:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 07:35 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Daryl can kick the bucket. When you look back now over the last two years he's become a detriment to the team. His sucker punch to Negan cost them Glenn. His decision to ram the truck into the Sanctuary allowed an easy exit for the Saviors in addition to Eugene's idea to drive them away with music. Even though they tried to gloss over it and make it seem like it was more of Eugene's doing. Daryl still played a hand in it.

I still think they plan to fill Carl's story with Judith, but that presumes that they planned to do it years ago and I'm not csrtain those writers can think that far ahead.

That's an interesting point. My guess is that maybe Chandler Riggs really did want to leave the show at one point. He's 18 so he's got a lot going on education wise. I remember now I think it was either him or maybe his father last year saying thanks to the show runners and writers and how it's been fun. People were questioning that last season thinking he would be killed off. Maybe that's basically what it is now a few months later. So they probably had his death written in. 

I don't see them trying to develop that story arch through another character now with Negan. I don't see the point. Especially if they try to age up Judith. You could maybe make a case for Enid maybe talking to him and going that route. At this point though I feel like the story is getting lazy. And Gimple is gimping it all up. It's how I felt about Game of Thrones this past season. I enjoyed all the action, it was exciting. But it seems rushed, lazy at times and it leaves you with a lot of plot holes.

(11-30-2016, 02:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
Quote:Carl's aging is disconcerting when compared to Judith. That baby needs some growth hormones.

Judith will replace Coral as the primary kid at the end of the season. They'll time jump about 5 years and she'll be 10 years old, the perfect age to take up the comic storyline.

I know we're not deeply involved in this show anymore, but I really, really wanted to point out that AMC owes me a [BLEEP] ton of money for stealing my story line.

(11-07-2018, 06:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 02:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Judith will replace Coral as the primary kid at the end of the season. They'll time jump about 5 years and she'll be 10 years old, the perfect age to take up the comic storyline.

I know we're not deeply involved in this show anymore, but I really, really wanted to point out that AMC owes me a [BLEEP] ton of money for stealing my story line.

holy crap good call, I'm still enjoying the show. I think a Rickless TWD can still work, and I'm curious about finishing his story in a movie format.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 09:00 PM by pirkster.)

TWD needed that last episode. One of the few good ones since we said goodbye to Glenn.

It's a shame, though, it wasn't Maggie who will be taking a hiatus from the show. I hope her death is 10x what Glenn got. I don't dislike the character, I just can't stand the way it's so poorly "acted."

Still, I'm just watching on cruise control right now. My only interest is in seeing how the stories unfold at this point. It's not the appointment tv it once was for me. Maybe that will change once the show gets past the end of Compendium 3 (where I've read so far.)

Daryl is an easy target for killing of a main character.

To me Daryl and Morgan are opposites.  As time passes, Morgan is moving from loner to a people helper.  I think Daryl is moving in the opposite direction as he fouls relationships while trying to help and might be better going at it alone.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(11-07-2018, 08:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: TWD needed that last episode.  One of the few good ones since we said goodbye to Glenn.

It's a shame, though, it wasn't Maggie who will be taking a hiatus from the show.  I hope her death is 10x what Glenn got.  I don't dislike the character, I just can't stand the way it's so poorly "acted."

Still, I'm just watching on cruise control right now.  My only interest is in seeing how the stories unfold at this point.  It's not the appointment tv it once was for me.  Maybe that will change once the show gets past the end of Compendium 3 (where I've read so far.)

To me Daryl and Morgan are opposites.  As time passes, Morgan is moving from loner to a people helper.  I think Daryl is moving in the opposite direction as he fouls relationships while trying to help and might be better going at it alone.

Maggie didn't make the time jump, so you should be a'ight.

(11-07-2018, 10:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 08:56 PM)pirkster Wrote: TWD needed that last episode.  One of the few good ones since we said goodbye to Glenn.

It's a shame, though, it wasn't Maggie who will be taking a hiatus from the show.  I hope her death is 10x what Glenn got.  I don't dislike the character, I just can't stand the way it's so poorly "acted."

Still, I'm just watching on cruise control right now.  My only interest is in seeing how the stories unfold at this point.  It's not the appointment tv it once was for me.  Maybe that will change once the show gets past the end of Compendium 3 (where I've read so far.)

Maggie didn't make the time jump, so you should be a'ight.

Really? What's the story behind Maggie being MIA now?

(11-08-2018, 05:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 10:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maggie didn't make the time jump, so you should be a'ight.

Really? What's the story behind Maggie being MIA now?

Don't know yet, it's being rumoured she was a quiet departure sometime during the time jump. I think they'll have had her head off with that Georgie woman to scour new frontiers.

When I heard the little girl's voice at the end of last week's episode I told my husband, "that's Judith I just know it!" And sure enough it was. We haven't seen last night's episode yet. 

I wasn't sad to see Rick go. At all. I guess he'd outlived his usefulness for me. It'll be interesting to see where this is headed. I like the new intro scenes.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 04:02 PM by Hard_Eight.)

I find it weird that Rick hasn't come back. Especially with Judith and now Rick Jr... I guess it'll unfold somehow.

WHisperers are finally here.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Finally back on tonight! Ready for the Whisperers arch and possible the end coming soon. I got a feeling they wrap this show up after season 10.

(02-10-2019, 09:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Finally back on tonight! Ready for the Whisperers arch and possible the end coming soon. I got a feeling they wrap this show up after season 10.

I read somewhere the actress who plays Michonne will be leaving the show. I can't imagine they lose too many "core" characters and are able to keep the show going. I

I look forward to watching the episode tomorrow. Hopefully it was a good one.