Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

(02-11-2019, 01:09 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Finally back on tonight! Ready for the Whisperers arch and possible the end coming soon. I got a feeling they wrap this show up after season 10.

I read somewhere the actress who plays Michonne will be leaving the show. I can't imagine they lose too many "core" characters and are able to keep the show going. I

I look forward to watching the episode tomorrow. Hopefully it was a good one.

She's supposed to be another part time departure like Maggie who is also supposed to show up for a bit next season. I feel like it's becoming the Carol and Daryl show so they can take more liberties with the plot using characters who arent in the source text.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There was a promo ad during last night's broadcast for Whiskey Cavalier, a new series premiering on ABC this spring starring Lauren Cohan. It looks horrible.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-11-2019, 12:00 PM)rollerjag Wrote: There was a promo ad during last night's broadcast for Whiskey Cavalier, a new series premiering on ABC this spring starring Lauren Cohan. It looks horrible.

Yea I hope it bombs so Maggie comes back
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-11-2019, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 01:09 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read somewhere the actress who plays Michonne will be leaving the show. I can't imagine they lose too many "core" characters and are able to keep the show going. I

I look forward to watching the episode tomorrow. Hopefully it was a good one.

She's supposed to be another part time departure like Maggie who is also supposed to show up for a bit next season. I feel like it's becoming the Carol and Daryl show so they can take more liberties with the plot using characters who arent in the source text.

That would be risky to a degree, especially for the original source fans. I didn't mind Rick leaving because he was getting annoying to the point where I'd mute scenes with him in it. Just too much, "I have to keep these people safe," repetition. 

Overall I haven't enjoyed the show since the episode where Negan killed Abraham and Glenn and tortured everyone else with his hate and discontent. I mainly watch it now because my husband watches it and I'm hoping somewhere along the line it will improve.

(02-13-2019, 11:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: She's supposed to be another part time departure like Maggie who is also supposed to show up for a bit next season. I feel like it's becoming the Carol and Daryl show so they can take more liberties with the plot using characters who arent in the source text.

That would be risky to a degree, especially for the original source fans. I didn't mind Rick leaving because he was getting annoying to the point where I'd mute scenes with him in it. Just too much, "I have to keep these people safe," repetition. 

Overall I haven't enjoyed the show since the episode where Negan killed Abraham and Glenn and tortured everyone else with his hate and discontent. I mainly watch it now because my husband watches it and I'm hoping somewhere along the line it will improve.

Well, we arent getting the Whisperer Welcome Wall from the text, too many biggies would be lost at one time I think.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ok, I'm catching up on Talking Dead and Greg Nicotero just discussed the Negan Journey from the premiere. He said that the shot of Negan on his knees puking was the same clearing and overhead shot of episode 7.1 where he killed Glenn and Abe and symbolizes the reversal of his circumstances. Whoaaaahhhh, I'm actually impressed, that is some really good story telling.

(02-13-2019, 06:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ok, I'm catching up on Talking Dead and Greg Nicotero just discussed the Negan Journey from the premiere. He said that the shot of Negan on his knees puking was the same clearing and overhead shot of episode 7.1 where he killed Glenn and Abe and symbolizes the reversal of his circumstances. Whoaaaahhhh, I'm actually impressed, that is some really good story telling.

Yea I think the story of Negan is fascinating, from unstoppable Force with complete power to total defeat. Then he is broken in prison where he is forced to realize his way was not the only way and "Rick's way" worked. He now escapes only to find the world has moved on without him and now he's looking for redemption. I think Negan is the driving central character going forward and JDM plays him to perfection.

(02-13-2019, 05:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 11:39 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That would be risky to a degree, especially for the original source fans. I didn't mind Rick leaving because he was getting annoying to the point where I'd mute scenes with him in it. Just too much, "I have to keep these people safe," repetition. 

Well, we arent getting the Whisperer Welcome Wall from the text, too many biggies would be lost at one time I think.

Coral played a key role in the comic wrt the Whisperers, but he's dead on the show.

So I have no idea where they're going with the show at this point.

At the same time, I don't know what's after the Whisperers since I haven't read the comic past the end of Compendium 3 - so if they change/extend/shorten the plot regarding them, I have no idea how they'd do it anyway.  I think Comp 3 ends with the "welcome wall."
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(02-16-2019, 11:52 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, we arent getting the Whisperer Welcome Wall from the text, too many biggies would be lost at one time I think.

Coral played a key role in the comic wrt the Whisperers, but he's dead on the show.

At the same time, I don't know what's after the Whisperers since I haven't read the comic past the end of Compendium 3 - so if they change/extend/shorten the plot regarding them, I have no idea how they'd do it anyway.  I think Comp 3 ends with the "welcome wall."

I believe Henry gets the Male specific Carl plot and Judith gets the other Carl stuff.

So much of this show's drama hinges on people doing incredibly stupid things.
- Bob Marley

(02-18-2019, 09:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So much of this show's drama hinges on people doing incredibly stupid things.

Newsflash? It can drive one to drink which is why I watch it after say, 3pm so I can drink without guilt. It's five o'clock somewhere, right?

Whoa, big time suspense and resolution this week.

Sometimes the end of an episode gives you what you've been hoping for, for many episodes.

(03-25-2019, 12:16 AM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Sometimes the end of an episode gives you what you've been hoping for, for many episodes.

And it wasn't the season finale either. Gonna be hard to top that finish next week.

(02-16-2019, 11:52 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, we arent getting the Whisperer Welcome Wall from the text, too many biggies would be lost at one time I think.

Last night had a variation of the wall, but it didn't have nearly the ramifications of the one from the text. They mixed it up well and they've used this season to move on from a bunch of regulars who didn't have much going on in this version. A great line from last night was Alpha telling the the King that she "is looking forward to meeting the Queen someday." Gave me shivers with the delivery, and makes for great anticipation of when Carol the Bad [BLEEP] gets her payback.

So not sure what happens next week I’m pretty sure the alpha confrontation goes through the first half of next season right?

The last two episodes were some of the most intense and riveting of the series. My interest has been re-energized.
- Bob Marley

(03-26-2019, 11:31 AM)rollerjag Wrote: The last two episodes were some of the most intense and riveting of the series. My interest has been re-energized.

I agree. I have been watching the last season or more because my husband was still interested. This season has been interesting, especially the second half. Last Sundays episode has me like-  Cool

(03-27-2019, 04:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 11:31 AM)rollerjag Wrote: The last two episodes were some of the most intense and riveting of the series. My interest has been re-energized.

I agree. I have been watching the last season or more because my husband was still interested. This season has been interesting, especially the second half. Last Sundays episode has me like-  Cool

Your emoji needs more pike.

(03-27-2019, 09:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 04:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I agree. I have been watching the last season or more because my husband was still interested. This season has been interesting, especially the second half. Last Sundays episode has me like-  Cool

Your emoji needs more pike.

Cool 
  I
  I
  I