Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead, Season 7 (spoilers)

In the graphic novel, Morgan is not a major player and Carol's character ended up killing herself in the prison. Carol in the tv show is a much more dynamic character. They do have a different member from Rick's group who takes up residence in the Kingdom, but they may switch that up due to some of the groundwork they have laid out otherwise. Carte blanche on how they do it in the show.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In the graphic novel, Morgan is not a major player and Carol's character ended up killing herself in the prison. Carol in the tv show is a much more dynamic character. They do have a different member from Rick's group who takes up residence in the Kingdom, but they may switch that up due to some of the groundwork they have laid out otherwise. Carte blanche on how they do it in the show.

Carol has replaced Andrea's role from the comic.

I was displeased with how the introduction made a joke out of the Kingdom last night, but the episode was salvaged by the end of the night.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2016, 12:43 PM by Caldrac.)

Last night was a bit of a snoozer but it's typical. I understand why they have to build up the other characters and stories. And even if you're not familiar with the comics you can already predict where this is going to end up. Rick and Ezekiel will align themselves together thanks to Morgan and Carol bridging them together to create an uprising against Negan and the Saviors. There will be a lot of gut wrenching losses for both sides again this season. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the show runner decides to double dip for shock value and they pop Daryl off in the season finale. Negan's already tipped it off in the premier. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I want to see cyclops and the whisperers.

I was behind from last season (episode 10)and binge watched last season and 2 episodes this season and all I gotta say is holy [BLEEP]. I was unfortunately spoiled on FB from idiots who ruin stuff on the show about Glenn but yea Neagen was funny as hell. SAD to see Glen die and Abraham. Hopefully Daryl doesn't die.

Quote:I was behind from last season (episode 10)and binge watched last season and 2 episodes this season and all I gotta say is holy [BAD WORD REMOVED]. I was unfortunately spoiled on FB from idiots who ruin stuff on the show about Glenn but yea Neagen was funny as hell. SAD to see Glen die and Abraham. Hopefully Daryl doesn't die.

At least you didn't have the agony of waiting 8 months after that damn cliff hanger to end season 6
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:At least you didn't have the agony of waiting 8 months after that damn cliff hanger to end season 6
This! It was killing me and I was so excited when it came on and then it all hit the fan and I was toast. A roller coaster of emotions for sure.

I watched the Talking Dead episode for episode one on youtube earlier. If you all haven't seen it you should watch it. 

I'm watching last season's episode 15 that shows what happened to Carol and Morgan because I can't remember. Rick and Michonne's conversation at the start is quite eerie to hear knowing what's coming in season 7 episode 1. 

Quote:This! It was killing me and I was so excited when it came on and then it all hit the fan and I was toast. A roller coaster of emotions for sure.

I watched the Talking Dead episode for episode one on youtube earlier. If you all haven't seen it you should watch it.

I watched that Talking Dead live. It was really good. The interesting part is it started raining in LA the minute Abraham died and stopped raining the second Talking Dead was over. Weird.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I watched that Talking Dead live. It was really good. The interesting part is it started raining in LA the minute Abraham died and stopped raining the second Talking Dead was over. Weird.

i was at talking dead in Hollywood forever cemetery. it actually started raining a few drops when the walking dead started but really started at Abrahams death. then stopped right after talking dead ended. crazy thunder storms that night in SoCal.

Quote:Last night was a bit of a snoozer but it's typical. I understand why they have to build up the other characters and stories. And even if you're not familiar with the comics you can already predict where this is going to end up. Rick and Ezekiel will align themselves together thanks to Morgan and Carol bridging them together to create an uprising against Negan and the Saviors. There will be a lot of gut wrenching losses for both sides again this season. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the show runner decides to double dip for shock value and they pop Daryl off in the season finale. Negan's already tipped it off in the premier.

Daryl gonna play the key role in Return to Sender.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Isn't it carl that is taken hostage in the comics?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Isn't it carl that is taken hostage in the comics?

There's a great scene where he andd Negan are off by themselves which I expect they will recreate.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Adding Glenn made sure Negan touched every single survivor to the core (those both old and new to the group.)

Don't worry, Glenn will probably be back next week and we will find out he was hiding underneath a dumpster again or something...

J/K - but not really. That was powerful stuff to bring the audience into the minds of Rick, Carl, and the others.

Quote:There's a great scene where he andd Negan are off by themselves which I expect they will recreate.

Agree, and his "vacation" with the whisperers, too.

They've already done the heads on pikes, but I'm hoping they go close to the comics later on.

Quote:Daryl gonna play the key role in Return to Sender.
Oh wow. Didn't consider that possibility. I don't think the show writers would go through with that though. 

Anyone feel for Dwight at all?

Huh

Quote:Anyone feel for Dwight at all?
A little now that we know his backstory. Sounds like Negan is not the man you really want to be aligned with, but thanks to his fear tactics and absolute domination you don't really have a choice once you're caught up in it. 

It was interesting when he was asking the guys who they were and they al replied 'Negan.' It reminds me of Marines in boot camp. They are only allowed to refer to themselves and their fellow Marines as 'recruits.' Like, "This recruit (meaning themselves) has no opinion on the subject Drill Sergeant." They break you down to the single person denominator. 

Quote:Anyone feel for Dwight at all?

Nope. He made his choice.

Seems like with Negan there isn't really a choice.  I guess kill him (if you can) and get back on the road or accept his way and live a life of cool little sandwiches and brutalizing people.

Huh