Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conor McGregor goes nuts.......

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2018, 10:21 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Apparently, Conor McGregor and about 20 of his friends invaded media day for UFC 223 and nearly started a riot. McGregor was infuriated about an incident that took place between Khabib Nurmagomedov and McGregor's training partner a couple of days ago, as well as getting stripped of his title for refusing to fight. Conor started throwing bike racks and even threw a metal hand truck through the window of a bus containing Nurmagomedov and several of his teammates. One of the fighters on the card, Michael Chiesa was cut badly when the glass on the bus shattered and had to go to the hospital and co-headliner, Rose Namajunas was shaken up as well. There is now an arrest warrant out for McGregor and he is also facing several major lawsuits. It's a good thing he made a big payday from the boxing match with Mayweather, because he's about to lose it all in court. I'll give him this, it was a creative way to duck the match with Khabib.

https://youtu.be/nC6CH9U2NuE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

curious to see how this goes down

(04-05-2018, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: curious to see how this goes down

Looks like it's gonna end with Conor behind bars and tied up in court due to multiple lawsuits for years to come. This was one of the dumbest stunts I've ever seen in any sport. McGregor has apparently taken too many head shots, because he thinks he's in the WWE.

(04-05-2018, 10:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: curious to see how this goes down

Looks like it's gonna end with Conor behind bars and tied up in court due to multiple lawsuits for years to come. This was one of the dumbest stunts I've ever seen in any sport. McGregor has apparently taken too many head shots, because he thinks he's in the WWE.

He's not gonna end up behind bars. 

Just gonna get sued like [BLEEP] by the fighters whos fight got cancelled + got injured.    

Really really dumb move. Khabibs team surrounded his fight partner Artem the other day so McGregor brought his crew to get Khabib.

(04-05-2018, 11:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 10:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Looks like it's gonna end with Conor behind bars and tied up in court due to multiple lawsuits for years to come. This was one of the dumbest stunts I've ever seen in any sport. McGregor has apparently taken too many head shots, because he thinks he's in the WWE.

He's not gonna end up behind bars. 

Just gonna get sued like [BLEEP] by the fighters whos fight got cancelled + got injured.    

Really really dumb move. Khabibs team surrounded his fight partner Artem the other day so McGregor brought his crew to get Khabib.

If you know anything about Khabib, his game is intimidation. He really wants McGregor and Conor is ducking him right and left. Khabib wanted McGregor's attention and he got it by confronting his training partner, in what was basically a non-incident. McGregor who is all hype, wanted to show he was some tough guy by bringing all his thugs to the arena and basically starting a riot. I really believe he wants nothing to do with Khabib. By throwing the dolly through the window of the bus, he saves face by trying to look tough, but at the same time he avoids Khabib, because he will likely never fight in the UFC again, after this poorly thought out idea. He may have to start boxing again, just to pay the massive legal fees that are coming.

(04-06-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 11:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's not gonna end up behind bars. 

If you know anything about Khabib, his game is intimidation. He really wants McGregor and Conor is ducking him right and left. Khabib wanted McGregor's attention and he got it by confronting his training partner, in what was basically a non-incident. McGregor who is all hype, wanted to show he was some tough guy by bringing all his thugs to the arena and basically starting a riot. I really believe he wants nothing to do with Khabib. By throwing the dolly through the window of the bus, he saves face by trying to look tough, but at the same time he avoids Khabib, because he will likely never fight in the UFC again, after this poorly thought out idea. He may have to start boxing again, just to pay the massive legal fees that are coming.

Lol, you are reading too much into why McGregor did it..he didn't do it to avoid fighting Khabib down the line. He just way overreacted to the Artem situssitu.  

And for the record, I think McGregor beats Khabib and I think Holloway with a full camp would beat Khabib too. McGregor will fight in the UFC again eventually.

(04-06-2018, 01:48 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If you know anything about Khabib, his game is intimidation. He really wants McGregor and Conor is ducking him right and left. Khabib wanted McGregor's attention and he got it by confronting his training partner, in what was basically a non-incident. McGregor who is all hype, wanted to show he was some tough guy by bringing all his thugs to the arena and basically starting a riot. I really believe he wants nothing to do with Khabib. By throwing the dolly through the window of the bus, he saves face by trying to look tough, but at the same time he avoids Khabib, because he will likely never fight in the UFC again, after this poorly thought out idea. He may have to start boxing again, just to pay the massive legal fees that are coming.

Lol, you are reading too much into why McGregor did it..he didn't do it to avoid fighting Khabib down the line. He just way overreacted to the Artem situssitu.  

And for the record, I think McGregor beats Khabib and I think Holloway with a full camp would beat Khabib too. McGregor will fight in the UFC again eventually.

I think McGregor is way overrated. He'd be just another guy in the UFC, if it wasn't for his antics. Khabib is a technician who would take McGregor to the ground and pummel him. 

I really can't see McGregor returning to the UFC. I saw an interview with Dana White after the incident and he was as ticked off as I'd ever seen him. He told the reporter that he never wants to work with McGregor again and this was the most embarrassing incident in UFC history. He also called Conor and his gang a bunch of thugs. ESPN is now reporting that 3 of the fights on the UFC 223 card have now been canceled. Two due to injury from the broken glass and one, which featured McGregor's training partner, (Artem Lobov) was pulled due to his participation in the incident. When Dana has to start pulling fights, things get serious. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC sues McGregor for lost revenue, due to the cancellations.

Lol, what a work. UFC becomes more "sports entertainment" every day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-06-2018, 05:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, what a work. UFC becomes more "sports entertainment" every day.

This isn't a "work." It wasn't scripted and people actually got hurt. Not to mention that McGregor has been arrested (for real) and charged with assault and criminal mischief. The problem is that the UFC gave McGregor too long of a leash and he drifted off into WWE territory, where he wanted to bring the showmanship to MMA. It worked for a while, but now, it's blowing up in the face of the UFC and they realize he has taken it way too far. I look for the trash talking and violent outburst at the weigh ins and media days to be monitored and fines will be handed out for such behavior from now on. If the UFC wants to go back to being taken seriously, they have to end this ridiculous "wrestling mentality" that McGregor has brought into the sport.

(04-06-2018, 04:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 01:48 AM)JackCity Wrote: Lol, you are reading too much into why McGregor did it..he didn't do it to avoid fighting Khabib down the line. He just way overreacted to the Artem situssitu.  

I think McGregor is way overrated. He'd be just another guy in the UFC, if it wasn't for his antics. Khabib is a technician who would take McGregor to the ground and pummel him. 

I really can't see McGregor returning to the UFC. I saw an interview with Dana White after the incident and he was as ticked off as I'd ever seen him. He told the reporter that he never wants to work with McGregor again and this was the most embarrassing incident in UFC history. He also called Conor and his gang a bunch of thugs. ESPN is now reporting that 3 of the fights on the UFC 223 card have now been canceled. Two due to injury from the broken glass and one, which featured McGregor's training partner, (Artem Lobov) was pulled due to his participation in the incident. When Dana has to start pulling fights, things get serious. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC sues McGregor for lost revenue, due to the cancellations.

Nah, he's one of the best fighters we've seen in the UFC, as evidenced by his record. I don't think Khabib will close the distance without being put down at some point.  

Dana is also Dana. McGregor brings him a ton of money and they need stars like that. He won't feature for a while but will be back.    

Yeah he'll get sued for a lot.

Totally staged. Yep, the new WWE pretty much.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018, 05:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-06-2018, 09:07 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 04:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think McGregor is way overrated. He'd be just another guy in the UFC, if it wasn't for his antics. Khabib is a technician who would take McGregor to the ground and pummel him. 

Nah, he's one of the best fighters we've seen in the UFC, as evidenced by his record. I don't think Khabib will close the distance without being put down at some point.  

Dana is also Dana. McGregor brings him a ton of money and they need stars like that. He won't feature for a while but will be back.    

Yeah he'll get sued for a lot.

Dana was interviewed this morning and was asked if he would help McGregor with his current legal situation. White said "absolutely not!" He said McGregor is on his own. He says he texted Conor this morning and it did not go well. McGregor was apologetic about the injuries he caused, but told Dana "he did what needed to be done." He was also ticked off that Dana insinuated in an interview that he might be on drugs. White said it was not a good back and forth conversation. 

Now that Holloway has been pulled from the main event for not making weight, this card is an absolute disaster. I know they found Khabib an opponent, but this guy they brought in is a far cry from Ferguson or Holloway. I can't believe Pettis turned down a chance to fight for the belt, due to monetary issues? What is he thinking?

(04-06-2018, 09:38 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Totally staged.  Yep, the new WWE pretty much.

In the WWE, there aren't real multiple injuries caused by a "staged event" in which fighters had to be to pull out of a huge card. There are never "real arrest" made with actual charges being filed and real lawsuits that will be filed by several parties. This incident essentially sunk the entire event.

McGregor is an overrated piece of trash and the only reason he's so popular and hyped up is because he was this great white hope from Ireland that people so badly wanted to be the Messiah, but he's just a spoiled brat that puts on a real show outside the ring and fails to deliver inside (record aside,) khabib would have tooled him up.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Achilles Wrote: McGregor is an overrated piece of trash and the only reason he's so popular and hyped up is because he was this great white hope from Ireland that people so badly wanted to be the Messiah, but he's just a spoiled brat that puts on a real show outside the ring and fails to deliver inside (record aside,) khabib would have tooled him up.

Amen. Unfortunately, we will never see a Khabib/McGregor fight, because Conor will never agree to fight him. After watching the UFC for many years, I've come to realize that the guys with the biggest mouths are the ones that seem to shy away from real challenges. McGregor wants no part of Khabib inside the cage. He knows he has very little chance of winning that fight.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018, 08:47 PM by JackCity.)

(04-07-2018, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Achilles Wrote: McGregor is an overrated piece of trash and the only reason he's so popular and hyped up is because he was this great white hope from Ireland that people so badly wanted to be the Messiah, but he's just a spoiled brat that puts on a real show outside the ring and fails to deliver inside (record aside,) khabib would have tooled him up.

Amen. Unfortunately, we will never see a Khabib/McGregor fight, because Conor will never agree to fight him. After watching the UFC for many years, I've come to realize that the guys with the biggest mouths are the ones that seem to shy away from real challenges. McGregor wants no part of Khabib inside the cage. He knows he has very little chance of winning that fight.

While McGregor is all over the place at the moment , I don't think you can call him a guy who shys away from real challenges based on his career. 

He's the biggest draw in the sport and doesn't want to fight unless he absolutely has to. It makes sense for him to wait to let things play out first. 

Also you have to remember, Khabib is completely unreliable at even showing up to the fight. McGregor shows up every time.  It's a big risk for him to commit to fighting Khabib and go on a big press tour when Khabib could easily pull out.

P.s if a Khabib Conor fight was announced the bookies would have McGregor as the favourite

(04-07-2018, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 01:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Amen. Unfortunately, we will never see a Khabib/McGregor fight, because Conor will never agree to fight him. After watching the UFC for many years, I've come to realize that the guys with the biggest mouths are the ones that seem to shy away from real challenges. McGregor wants no part of Khabib inside the cage. He knows he has very little chance of winning that fight.

While McGregor is all over the place at the moment , I don't think you can call him a guy who shys away from real challenges based on his career. 

He's the biggest draw in the sport and doesn't want to fight unless he absolutely has to. It makes sense for him to wait to let things play out first. 

Also you have to remember, Khabib is completely unreliable at even showing up to the fight. McGregor shows up every time.  It's a big risk for him to commit to fighting Khabib and go on a big press tour when Khabib could easily pull out.

P.s if a Khabib Conor fight was announced the bookies would have McGregor as the favourite

He was told if he didn't fight, he'd lose the belt and he still didn't fight. He had to fight if he wanted to keep the championship. Why wait? I really don't think he cares about fighting or any kind of legacy that he would leave. All he wants is money. I watched a sports show the other day and Shannon Sharpe said there are some people in the world that can never have enough. Now matter how much money they make, they want more. He cited Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor as two of those people. 

After the last Ferguson fight in which Khabib had to be hospitalized due to weight cutting, I read where he finally hired a professional nutritionalist. It seems his weight cutting issues have been put behind him. 

Maybe the bookies in Ireland, but I'd be willing to bet the bookies in the U.S. would favor Khabib, especially if he does well against "Raging" Al.

(04-07-2018, 09:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: While McGregor is all over the place at the moment , I don't think you can call him a guy who shys away from real challenges based on his career. 

He was told if he didn't fight, he'd lose the belt and he still didn't fight. He had to fight if he wanted to keep the championship. Why wait? I really don't think he cares about fighting or any kind of legacy that he would leave. All he wants is money. I watched a sports show the other day and Shannon Sharpe said there are some people in the world that can never have enough. Now matter how much money they make, they want more. He cited Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor as two of those people. 

After the last Ferguson fight in which Khabib had to be hospitalized due to weight cutting, I read where he finally hired a professional nutritionalist. It seems his weight cutting issues have been put behind him. 

Maybe the bookies in Ireland, but I'd be willing to bet the bookies in the U.S. would favor Khabib, especially if he does well against "Raging" Al.

Yeah I wouldn't disagree with that. He went from on welfare to biggest star in the world in 5 years so it's bound to change things from a desire standpoint. Kinda wish the Mayweather event never happened. 

Khabib fired him recently which would suggest there are still issues with his weight cutting and methods.  

I think Conor wants Ferguson + Holloway+ Khabib to clean each other out and then he'll fight who ever is left. Khabib is the toughest matchup for him out of those 3. 

Irish bookies MMA odds come from Vegas. They had some future bets two months ago and Conor was the fav over Khabib.

(04-07-2018, 09:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 09:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was told if he didn't fight, he'd lose the belt and he still didn't fight. He had to fight if he wanted to keep the championship. Why wait? I really don't think he cares about fighting or any kind of legacy that he would leave. All he wants is money. I watched a sports show the other day and Shannon Sharpe said there are some people in the world that can never have enough. Now matter how much money they make, they want more. He cited Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor as two of those people. 

Yeah I wouldn't disagree with that. He went from on welfare to biggest star in the world in 5 years so it's bound to change things from a desire standpoint. Kinda wish the Mayweather event never happened. 

Khabib fired him recently which would suggest there are still issues with his weight cutting and methods.  

I think Conor wants Ferguson + Holloway+ Khabib to clean each other out and then he'll fight who ever is left. Khabib is the toughest matchup for him out of those 3. 

Irish bookies MMA odds come from Vegas. They had some future bets two months ago and Conor was the fav over Khabib.

I did not know this. 

For the record, I think the Mayweather/McGregor fight was a complete joke. Everybody knew Conor didn't have a chance, just as Mayweather would have no chance against Conor in an MMA fight. They are two completely different disciplines. He wanted the cash though. If he would have stuck with the UFC, I think this entire mess could've been settled, but once Conor got a taste of the kind of money that boxers like Floyd make, I don't know if he'll ever be back in the octagon.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 01:54 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Well, if Conor wants his belt back, he's gonna have to fight Khabib. After a thoroughly dominating performance tonight, Khabib is the champ! With Ferguson needing surgery on his LCL, he's likely done until the tail end of the year at the earliest. Had Conor not thrown a hissy fit, maybe we could've had our mega-fight between him and Khabib, sometime in the late summer. With his issues though and Ferguson's injury, it's anybody's guess who Khabib's next opponent will be. I'm predicting a possible attempt at another fight with Holloway or maybe even a super-fight with GSP.

I'm really pumped Khabib is now a champion. He's my favorite fighter, but I wish he could've done it against Conor, Ferguson or even Holloway. Hopefully, he'll get a chance to face all 3 guys down the line.

(04-08-2018, 01:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Well, if Conor wants his belt back, he's gonna have to fight Khabib. After a thoroughly dominating performance tonight, Khabib is the champ! With Ferguson needing surgery on his LCL, he's likely done until the tail end of the year at the earliest. Had Conor not thrown a hissy fit, maybe we could've had our mega-fight between him and Khabib, sometime in the late summer. With his issues though and Ferguson's injury, it's anybody's guess who Khabib's next opponent will be. I'm predicting a possible attempt at another fight with Holloway or maybe even a super-fight with GSP.

I'm really pumped Khabib is now a champion. He's my favorite fighter, but I wish he could've done it against Conor, Ferguson or even Holloway. Hopefully, he'll get a chance to face all 3 guys down the line.

Makes other fighters look like kids. Standup still meh but it doesn't matter against most of the roster.   

Conor has a huge advantage standing up, Khabib and even bigger advantage on the ground. 

I think the fight will eventually happen.