Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Masters Tournament

Anyone watching?  

Any favorites?  Any dark horses? 

I can't help but root for Tiger a bit now that he's the perennial underdog. It's weird - but I find myself pulling for him. 
Would be cool if Spieth stays hot through the weekend. Many were writing him off in this one after some recent struggles.

Nice to see Freddy Couples still playing well.  

There are a few players in the tourny that call the Jax area home.  
Vijay Singh, Billy Horschel, Matt Kuchar (St. Simons Is. GA)

Surprised other local players Furyk and Julian Suri aren't in the field.  Furyk is still battling back from a shoulder injury I think. 

Live streams here:
http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/index.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I put my money on Dustin Johnson + Casey but they had a bad start.

You are Sergio's "mishap" ? Felt real bad.

(04-06-2018, 10:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: I put my money on Dustin Johnson + Casey but they had a bad start.  

You are Sergio's "mishap" ? Felt real bad.

Oooff.  Yeah. That was tough.  Especially since the first shot was so well onto the green before rolling back. 

Vicious hole placement by the PGA officials on that green there.

Wow. This Fowler/Mickelson/Kuchar group is fun to watch today.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018, 04:40 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

DANG ..... I meant to peek in during work to see how Tiger was doing and totally forgot.

I don't want him to win but I do root for him to make it exciting through Sunday.  I gotta admit that I do like his new attitude of just appreciating everything more than ever ......

YOU CAN'T STOP PATRICK REED.  YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN HIM AND STAY WITHIN REACH GOING INTO THE FINAL ROUND

DJ rebounded well yesterday and set himself up well.

I'd love to see Rory complete the career slam. If the course is wet, guys with length will go low.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2018, 03:41 PM by JagsorDie.)

(04-07-2018, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd love to see Rory complete the career slam. If the course is wet, guys with length will go low.

Same i always liked Rory. I felt bad for the guy a few years back when he was soo close to pulling off the win and just fell apart on the back nine.

Perspn my favorite golfer to follow are:

Tiger
DJ
Rory
Ricky

I can't stand Sergio. I know im probably alone on this one, but i lost a lot for him that year at the players that tiger won a few years back. He pitched a fit about tiger pulling a club out of his bag while he was hitting. I went to the Sunday round and remember when he hit it in the water on 17 and the whole stadium area erupted. That really tells you something when people cheer when you screw up lol.

I was never a Sergio fan until I read a story about him somewhere, maybe in SI. He was very immature when he came to the tour and would play video games by himself in the locker room and was, of course, scorned by the old boys for that. I think he was picked up and dropped off for rounds by his mother but I might be making that up.

He also dated Greg Norman's daughter for a considerable length of time and was pretty much crushed when they ended their relationship.

Feherty had him on as a guest one time and I got an entirely different view of him. He was quite engaging and you realize he's just another guy out there fighting the battle. I was happy for him when he won the Masters last year and hope his marriage continues to go well. It's pretty cool that he named his daughter Azalea after one of the holes on the back nine at Augusta. Better Azalea than Flowering Dogwood.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Oh, more on topic: who can stop Patrick Reed today? The guy is playing well and is completely focused. I'd like to see Tommy Fleetwood continue his charge but it's a big hill to climb.

Speaking of hills, has anyone here been to the Masters and walked the course? Is it hilly? There are some holes, like the 10th, that look like they have some good elevation.

I was in Augusta once and drove down Washington Road along the course edge. You can't see in at all, high fences and barbed wire, and the area around it that I saw was pretty run down.

(04-08-2018, 08:38 AM)PF* Wrote: Oh, more on topic: who can stop Patrick Reed today? The guy is playing well and is completely focused. I'd like to see Tommy Fleetwood continue his charge but it's a big hill to climb.

Speaking of hills, has anyone here been to the Masters and walked the course? Is it hilly? There are some holes, like the 10th, that look like they have some good elevation.

I was in Augusta once and drove down Washington Road along the course edge. You can't see in at all, high fences and barbed wire, and the area around it that I saw was pretty run down.

Yes, Reed looks to be on fire. Two eagles on 13 and 15 yesterday?!? That approach from 215 yds on 13 followed by a 14 ft putt was damn impressive.
Fowler is in the hunt if Reed stumbles and Ricky starts to sink those putts he's burned the edge with all week -  and we know Rory could challenge from three back. 

Looking forward to watching later!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 10:43 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-07-2018, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If the course is wet, guys with length will go low.

[Image: giphy.gif]

There's just something about that statement that gives the appearance of hidden innuendos.

(04-08-2018, 08:38 AM)PF* Wrote: Oh, more on topic: who can stop Patrick Reed today? The guy is playing well and is completely focused. I'd like to see Tommy Fleetwood continue his charge but it's a big hill to climb.

I've never visited, worked with a guy who attended a practice round. He said it is a very hilly course, and a good workout to walk. Look for a TV shot walking up the 18th fairway, or looking back at green level. It's a climb.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-08-2018, 10:40 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If the course is wet, guys with length will go low.

[Image: giphy.gif]

There's just something about that statement that gives the appearance of hidden innuendos.

You, too, eh?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(04-08-2018, 10:50 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

I've never visited, worked with a guy who attended a practice round. He said it is a very hilly course, and a good workout to walk. Look for a TV shot walking up the 18th fairway, or looking back at green level. It's a climb.

I noticed that more than ever yesterday.

There was one hole where they looked back toward the tee and you could see a couple hundred fans (oops, patrons) on the fairway with the tee behind and above them. I thought they were just crossing but then the next shot was of Reed on the tee preparing to hit. They apparently drive the ball over the heads of the patrons who stay on the fairway?

The live feed at Masters.com is following Tiger and Bello right now.

Tiger is wayyy off the pace of course, but he's got two birdies on the front already today.

Wow - he can really play a cut with that wedge - but he's left two birdy putts out there from 6 feet or less.

Spieth v Reed is very entertaining.

Rory just not with it.

ANNNNNNDDDD Spieth hits a tree off the tee :/

(Fowler lurking too)

There we go. Reeds to lose.

(04-08-2018, 06:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: There we go. Reeds to lose.

Fowler gave it a go. 

Reed earned this one. No doubt. He's an awkward one for fans to get behind I guess, but he's playing better than everyone else this week.