Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Masters Tournament

Reed's approach shot on 13 is one he'll remember forever. The camera angle from behind the green made it look like it went into the creek when it actually hung up on the bank.

Fowler did a great job chasing him down. He'll win a major sometime. He's got the intensity in his eyes. Was that the same girlfriend from The Players win or is he on a new one?

Jon Rahm has some growing up to do.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2018, 06:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 06:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: There we go. Reeds to lose.

Fowler gave it a go. 

Reed earned this one. No doubt. He's an awkward one for fans to get behind I guess, but he's playing better than everyone else this week.

I actually had no idea about Reeds past/personality until now.   Deadspin did a great piece on it : https://deadspin.com/how-patrick-reed-be...1682766305

Adds to his win a lot for me.

(04-08-2018, 08:17 PM)PF* Wrote: Reed's approach shot on 13 is one he'll remember forever. The camera angle from behind the green made it look like it went into the creek when it actually hung up on the bank.

Fowler did a great job chasing him down. He'll win a major sometime. He's got the intensity in his eyes. Was that the same girlfriend from The Players win or is he on a new one?

I thought Reed had blown the tournament when I saw that second shot on 13, but then when I saw it hung up on the bank, I thought, he could actually get a birdie out of that. 

I'm pretty sure Fowler has a new girlfriend. 

And John Rahm?   I agree, his emotions will hold him back.   Of course, he's 22, and #3 in the world, so I guess they haven't held him back that much, but still, bad shots appeard to affect him for several holes.  That's not good.

(04-08-2018, 08:17 PM)PF* Wrote: Reed's approach shot on 13 is one he'll remember forever. The camera angle from behind the green made it look like it went into the creek when it actually hung up on the bank.

New one.  She's an Olympic pole vaulter.  Her name is Allison Stokke.

Also something interesting I found out.

Patrick Reed is allowed to take Adderall type substances for "ADHD". Usually banned under testing but he has a pass.

Pretty interesting that the first time he got the pass was a week before tourney win several years ago, beat Jordan Speith in a playoff. Not saying it's giving him a big advantage but in the context of everything else I'm surprised it hasn't raised eye brows.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2018, 08:38 AM)PF* Wrote: Oh, more on topic: who can stop Patrick Reed today? The guy is playing well and is completely focused. I'd like to see Tommy Fleetwood continue his charge but it's a big hill to climb.

Speaking of hills, has anyone here been to the Masters and walked the course? Is it hilly? There are some holes, like the 10th, that look like they have some good elevation.

I was in Augusta once and drove down Washington Road along the course edge. You can't see in at all, high fences and barbed wire, and the area around it that I saw was pretty run down.

I went in 2015, it's WAY more hilly than you can tell on TV.

If you stand behind the 10th green and look back up the hole to the tee box, it looks like you're looking up a mountain.  The people I went with and I got out there super early on Friday and walked the entire course and then some and I was exhausted after.  There's no flat spots out there.

(04-09-2018, 09:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: Also something interesting I found out.

Patrick Reed is allowed to take Adderall type substances for "ADHD". Usually banned under testing but he has a pass.  

Pretty interesting that the first time he got the pass was a week before tourney win several years ago, beat Jordan Speith in a playoff.  Not saying it's giving him a big advantage but in the context of everything else I'm surprised it hasn't raised eye brows.

Nobody says anything until you are competitive then everything changes.

I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion moving forward as everyone claims ADHD so they can take a chill pill to focus and calm their nerves