Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gil Brandt: Bortles #4 Among Recent 1st Rd QBs

I mean this with no disrespect to anyone else’s analysis, but I find it hard to understand how anyone could view Mariota at this point as being more of “what you want” from the QB position than Bortles.

He doesn’t have the availability (HUGE at QB) or the production. I really don’t get it. Again, no disrespect, and I’m not leopold, I don’t think Blake is the 2nd coming of the Lord, but to me he’s clearly above Mariota. Like significantly.

Maybe I’m trippin. Guess we’ll see.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2018, 09:08 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I mean this with no disrespect to anyone else’s analysis, but I find it hard to understand how anyone could view Mariota at this point as being more of “what you want” from the QB position than Bortles.

He doesn’t have the availability (HUGE at QB) or the production.  I really don’t get it.  Again, no disrespect, and I’m not leopold, I don’t think Blake is the 2nd coming of the Lord, but to me he’s clearly above Mariota.  Like significantly.

Maybe I’m trippin.  Guess we’ll see.
You're not trippin but I can see how people would put Mariota above Blake. Mariota is consistently above 60% completion percentage. He's a mobile QB who up until last season, didn't turn the ball over much. He's also very good in the Redzone and has had a YPA over 7 every season.

Not saying he's better than Blake because I'm not sure but I can see where people would say that. I'm interested to see how Mariota plays in an offense that fits his strengths. I hope he sucks though.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 05:28 PM by leopold332002.)

(04-10-2018, 09:08 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I mean this with no disrespect to anyone else’s analysis, but I find it hard to understand how anyone could view Mariota at this point as being more of “what you want” from the QB position than Bortles.

He doesn’t have the availability (HUGE at QB) or the production.  I really don’t get it.  Again, no disrespect, and I’m not leopold, I don’t think Blake is the 2nd coming of the Lord, but to me he’s clearly above Mariota.  Like significantly.

My man you make good points but in the future please keep my name out your mouth because I don't have nothing to do with it your feelings on certain topics. Personally, I don't care if anyone on here don't respect me or my opinions on Blake because at the end of the day I'm a Jaguar fan just like the rest of you. If you or scared to speak your mind  on Jaguar related things based on what people on this site might think of you then you have bigger problems in your life. My point is at the end of the day you are a human being and all of us have the right to say what's on our hearts even if other people don't agree with it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 05:33 PM by leopold332002.)

Oh by the way, I never said Blake walks on water or he's the next coming of name Hall of Fame quarterback here but forgive me because I don't think Blake Bortles is trash like some of you on here. I believe Blake Bortles came a long way and despite his current progress he has a longer way to go to be consider a franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 06:44 AM by SeldomRite.)

I agree with you, but it's not like Bortles has spent his career convincing everyone he's great, he's been way up and down.

Mariota has had a fortunate career statistically, he managed to miss every game against JJ Watt when he was still any good, for instance. So while Bortles played against great defenses and had bad games on a bad team, Mariota didn't have to take a statistical hit in those games.

So while Mariota's stats have looked good, they look more like the stats of a guy like Alex Smith than the stats of a guy like Russell Wilson. He can get the take what they give stats, especially against bad teams that the titans are running on, but against the great teams he doesn't carry his team. The New  England playoff game is an excellent example of that.

(04-10-2018, 05:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

My man you make good points but in the future please keep my name out your mouth because I don't have nothing to do with it your feelings on certain topics. Personally, I don't care if anyone on here don't respect me or my opinions on Blake because at the end of the day I'm a Jaguar fan just like the rest of you. If you or scared to speak your mind  on Jaguar related things based on what people on this site might think of you then you have bigger problems in your life. My point is at the end of the day you are a human being and all of us have the right to say what's on our hearts even if other people don't agree with it.

No one cares what you think.

Bortles is fine at QB until something better comes along. He does what this team wants to do, but that doesn't mean he could be successful in systems where more would be required of him.

And Mary Otter is made of balsa wood.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 07:51 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-11-2018, 06:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 05:24 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: My man you make good points but in the future please keep my name out your mouth because I don't have nothing to do with it your feelings on certain topics. Personally, I don't care if anyone on here don't respect me or my opinions on Blake because at the end of the day I'm a Jaguar fan just like the rest of you. If you or scared to speak your mind  on Jaguar related things based on what people on this site might think of you then you have bigger problems in your life. My point is at the end of the day you are a human being and all of us have the right to say what's on our hearts even if other people don't agree with it.

No one cares what you think.

Bortles is fine at QB until something better comes along. He does what this team wants to do, but that doesn't mean he could be successful in systems where more would be required of him.

No one cares what you think brother especially when your credentials as a poster on this site is irrelevant at best. Please stop being a child and acting like a moderator because someone doesn't agree with your viewpoints. I don't go out my way to 2 bother anyone on here but I Will Stand My Ground if I feel like I'm being disrespected because that's not right.

(04-11-2018, 07:37 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 06:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one cares what you think.

No one cares what you think brother especially when your credentials as a poster on this site is irrelevant at best. Please stop being a child and acting like a moderator because someone doesn't agree with your viewpoints. I don't go out my way to 2 bother anyone on here but I Will Stand My Ground if I feel like I'm being disrespected because that's not right.

[Image: fd4.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wow people getting heated about Bortles, might melt all that water hes walking on.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Yeah, that's exactly what people are saying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-12-2018, 11:00 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Wow people getting heated about Bortles, might melt all that water hes walking on.

Yeah they might melt water....
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-13-2018, 08:10 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 11:00 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Wow people getting heated about Bortles, might melt all that water hes walking on.

Yeah they might melt water....

What a steamy thought that be.

Well that got more intense than I expected...especially considering I started the post with “I mean no disrespect to anyone else’s analysis.”

Sheesh. My bad.