Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What position should the Jags target
Tight End
Guard
QB
CB
Linebacker
BAP
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
What position should the Jags target

Surprised that more people haven't mentioned taking a WR with the first pick. With A-Rob gone, do we really have a true #1 WR? What about Sutherland from SMU....or that WR from Maryland?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2018, 01:39 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Surprised that more people haven't mentioned taking a WR with the first pick. With A-Rob gone, do we really have a true #1 WR? What about Sutherland from SMU....or that WR from Maryland?

Do any of the receivers we are looking at in the first round actually fill that WR1 spot or are they just WR2s that will take time away from our two 2nd-year players?

(04-20-2018, 02:20 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:39 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Surprised that more people haven't mentioned taking a WR with the first pick. With A-Rob gone, do we really have a true #1 WR? What about Sutherland from SMU....or that WR from Maryland?

Do any of the receivers we are looking at in the first round actually fill that WR1 spot or are they just WR2s that will take time away from our two 2nd-year players?

Some have #1 potential, if you have a QB who can throw the ball downfield with reliability. We don't have that so it would be a waste. I don't wanna take time from our young guys. They looked pretty good last season in limited starts.

The question is, do we really need a true #1 receiver.  Many argued Robinson was never a #1 receiver in the first place. 

What they could use is one more guy with prototypical size/length at the position that has a knack for jump balls and can mismatch in the red-zone.  They are not deep on those traits at receiver.  They do have a number of guys who can stretch the field in play action though - and I think that's going to be a major focal point in this offense. 

You don't have to draft that "one more bigger WR"  in the first round - especially after signing Moncrief.

(04-20-2018, 02:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:20 PM)Markulous Wrote: Do any of the receivers we are looking at in the first round actually fill that WR1 spot or are they just WR2s that will take time away from our two 2nd-year players?

Some have #1 potential, if you have a QB who can throw the ball downfield with reliability. We don't have that so it would be a waste. I don't wanna take time from our young guys. They looked pretty good last season in limited starts.

Either way, I think we agree these WRs don't present a big need right now.  A guard would be a bigger impact IMO.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM by wg171.)

Would be happy with Rudolph, Goedert or Hernandez

I don’t think Hernandez will be there unless the team trades up

(04-23-2018, 12:15 PM)wg171 Wrote: Would be happy with Rudolph, Goedert or Hernandez

These are probably my realistic Top 3. Add in Wynn for #4 for me and probably Connor Williams as well. I'll be pretty let down if it's Hurst and I'm kind of worried it'll happen

(04-23-2018, 12:33 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 12:15 PM)wg171 Wrote: Would be happy with Rudolph, Goedert or Hernandez

These are probably my realistic Top 3. Add in Wynn for #4 for me and probably Connor Williams as well. I'll be pretty let down if it's Hurst and I'm kind of worried it'll happen
Thinking Hurst will tempt the Saints

Wynn is the guy I would like. Doubt he'll be around by the time we pick. Then go for a TE in the second round, and a CB in the third. Also have to find an LB to give Brown some competition.