Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft rumors

(04-12-2018, 05:48 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 05:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: If they are planning to take a QB yeah, if not then the deal would be fine with me.

Fair. I'll amend it.

Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks > Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley.

It won't happen of course but I wonder in theory could the Giants pull off that trade and land Lamar at 12?  

I believe all 6 QBs will be off the board by pick #17. Possibly even #15.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 06:49 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-11-2018, 11:44 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Didn't they just trade Cordy Glenn? Who is their Left Tackle??

Or was that Dion Dawkins? Either way they lost a starting tackle.
Cordy Glenn was their starting LT until he got hurt.  Dion Dawkins came in and played LT in his place and played well, which is one of the reasons the Bills traded away Cordy Glenn.
However, they also lost Incognito (their starting LG), Eric Wood (starting C), and Seantrel Henderson (reserve RT).
On top of that, starting RG Vladimir Ducasse sucks, and Mills isn't much better.

If the Bills make this trade, they may land the QB they need, but they will have nothing around him to help him and few picks to get the help he needs.
If the Bills were smart and they made this trade, they would keep Rosen or whomever on the bench and let McCarron and Peterman take all of the abuse until 2019.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-12-2018, 04:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks.

Agreed, which is why the Giants should not take this deal.

They have a 37 year old QB behind a relatively bad OL (though Solder at LT was a good get), but a ton of nice young weapons.  They should get the franchise signal caller and be set offensively for years.

(04-12-2018, 06:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 11:44 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Didn't they just trade Cordy Glenn? Who is their Left Tackle??

Cordy Glenn was their starting LT until he got hurt.  Dion Dawkins came in and played LT in his place and played well, which is one of the reasons the Bills traded away Cordy Glenn.
However, they also lost Incognito (their starting LG), Eric Wood (starting C), and Seantrel Henderson (reserve RT).
On top of that, starting RG Vladimir Ducasse sucks.
If the Bills make this trade, they may land the QB they need, but they will have nothing around him to help him and few picks to get the help he needs.
If the Bills were smart and they made this trade, they would keep Rosen or whomever on the bench and let McCarron and Peterman take all of the abuse until 2019.

That's so true about the Bills. Letting a rookie QB be placed in that offense is asking for them to be ruined.  

Does the front office have the fortitude to let Peterman and McCarron stink it up for a full year? 

If their rookie balls out during camp and preseason , Bills fans will 100% be calling for them to start at some point. The front office needs to realise that the fans should have zero impact on that decision. Even if it's unpopular.

(04-11-2018, 10:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 10:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Nothing concrete, but the last rumors I heard before this were 12 and 22 and Lesean McCoy plus two or 3 total of 2's/3's

That'd be crazy, can't pass that if you are NYG. What a crap situation it would be for whatever QB the Bills draft. O-line is decimated, your #1 target in Kelvin Benjamin, and you got no RB. Ouch.
My guess is they'd be going after darnold, but that's just gut reaction.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/10/richie...retirement

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-12-2018, 06:05 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 05:48 AM)Upper Wrote: Fair. I'll amend it.

Mayfield or Rosen > 2 mid level 1st round picks, an aging RB, and a few day 2 picks > Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley.

It won't happen of course but I wonder in theory could the Giants pull off that trade and land Lamar at 12?  

I believe all 6 QBs will be off the board by pick #17. Possibly even #15.

Really? I think Lamar will be there in round 2.

(04-12-2018, 06:56 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 10:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: That'd be crazy, can't pass that if you are NYG. What a crap situation it would be for whatever QB the Bills draft. O-line is decimated, your #1 target in Kelvin Benjamin, and you got no RB. Ouch.
My guess is they'd be going after darnold, but that's just gut reaction.

Due to the high winds in Buffalo, I believe they will go after a QB with a strong arm. I believe Josh Allen is their target. I think Cleveland takes Darnold, which is why the Giants want to trade down (they wanted him.)

(04-12-2018, 06:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

On top of that, starting RG Vladimir Ducasse sucks, and Mills isn't much better.

Ryan Groy played well when used, he should take one of the OG spots. They could use 2 of their remaining picks to add a Center and either an OG or RT.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 09:39 AM by Upper.)

(04-12-2018, 08:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Really? I think Lamar will be there in round 2.

The way Jackson has been linked to the Bills, Cardinals, Ravens, Chargers, Patriots, and Saints makes me think it's extremely unlikely he makes it to us much less the 2nd round.

(04-12-2018, 08:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 06:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Cordy Glenn was their starting LT until he got hurt.  Dion Dawkins came in and played LT in his place and played well, which is one of the reasons the Bills traded away Cordy Glenn.

Ryan Groy played well when used, he should take one of the OG spots. They could use 2 of their remaining picks to add a Center and either an OG or RT.

Groy is okay but nothing special.

But even taking your assessment of their OL at face value (not impugning you here), what does Buffalo do at WR?

To put their WRs in context, Keelan Cole, who only started 6 games for us last year as an undrafted rookie, outperformed all of their receivers last year.

Dede Westbrook outperformed every receiver they had except Deonte Thompson, and he's no longer there.

They are also talking about throwing in Shady McCoy in a trade?

If they manage to pull off the trade to #2 overall, whatever QB they get will have NOTHING around him.

Doesn't really affect us, but interesting nonetheless.  I think it's a huge mistake.  Darnold or Rosen should be their pick, but Browns gonna Brown.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status...5414591488

(04-12-2018, 06:36 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 06:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Cordy Glenn was their starting LT until he got hurt.  Dion Dawkins came in and played LT in his place and played well, which is one of the reasons the Bills traded away Cordy Glenn.
On top of that, starting RG Vladimir Ducasse sucks.

That's so true about the Bills. Letting a rookie QB be placed in that offense is asking for them to be ruined.  

Does the front office have the fortitude to let Peterman and McCarron stink it up for a full year? 

If their rookie balls out during camp and preseason , Bills fans will 100% be calling for them to start at some point. The front office needs to realise that the fans should have zero impact on that decision. Even if it's unpopular.

Very few teams have the discipline and resolve to do that.  But given how bare the cupboard is at OL and at WR-RB too if they trade away McCoy- I don't see how they have a choice.

The Browns fans reactions to the announcement of Allen's visit are hilarious.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/984426281935757314

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 11:32 AM by pirkster.)

(04-11-2018, 05:39 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 04:58 PM)pirkster Wrote: Here's a thought... how would the fanbase react if a team traded into our pick 28.b and took Rudolph/Jackson?

Probably tells me that Caldwell and Coughlin weren't planning on taking them at 29 anyway. If they want a franchise QB really badly, I doubt they would just sit on their hands and wait.

Completely agree.  I just think we'd know more about the conviction of the fan in agreeing/disagreeing with the decision.

Many wouldn't mind us taking one of the two (myself included.)  How would those people feel if we gave that QB to someone else?

Again, I wouldn't be upset if we gave the QB away.  I could take or leave a QB.

I just think there are others who might be upset by not only passing on a QB, but giving that QB away with our  pick.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The Browns being the Browns. Just when I thought it was starting to look up for them....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'd put my money on Darnold going to them. Think the Allen stuff is just noise to amp up the QB market even more.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 11:48 AM by Achilles.)

(04-12-2018, 11:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'd put my money on Darnold going to them. Think the Allen stuff is just noise to amp up the QB market even more.

I think the rumor of the bills moving up pretty much cements Allen going #1. Bills are thrilled that darnold lands in their laps and Giants happy waiting to get Chubb later on.

(04-12-2018, 11:42 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'd put my money on Darnold going to them. Think the Allen stuff is just noise to amp up the QB market even more.

I think the pats are doing that with leaking info about their interest in Jackson, but I think the Josh Allen #1 overall has legs.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-12-2018, 11:47 AM)Achilles Wrote:

I think the rumor of the bills moving up pretty much cements Allen going #1. Bills are thrilled that darnold lands in their laps and Giants happy waiting to get Chubb later on.

Am I missing something?

If the Giants trade back with the Bills, I see no way Chubb makes it to 12, unless you are talking about the RB from Georgia.

Makes sense. Rudolph is probably one of six QB's in this class that should end up going during the opening night of the draft. It's a QB needy off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see ANY QB's fall to us at 29th overall at this point. We would have to move up to get one of the top six. With New England now interested in him and back in the first round they could be drumming up offers or genuinely interested in him as a successor to Brady. Either scenario makes a lot of sense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-12-2018, 11:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Makes sense. Rudolph is probably one of six QB's in this class that should end up going during the opening night of the draft. It's a QB needy off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see ANY QB's fall to us at 29th overall at this point. We would have to move up to get one of the top six. With New England now interested in him and back in the first round they could be drumming up offers or genuinely interested in him as a successor to Brady. Either scenario makes a lot of sense.

My feeling is that they're inflating the value of some of these fringe QBs, so that the talented players at the other positions are pushed down to the range where the pats, and us as well would be picking...