Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will not seek re-election

(04-12-2018, 10:25 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 10:10 AM)rollerjag Wrote: You lap it up like gravy.

Do you do nothing if not project much?

It's hard to find another poster so blindly dedicated the cult of the left.

In contrast, every single person in the middle and right commenting here are celebrating this announcement.

Now imagine if the name had been Schumer or Pelosi... two who have been even more damaging to the country...

What on God's green Earth are you talking about? What part of my posts in this thread before this said to you I'm unhappy Ryan won't be around much longer?

And I'm the one projecting. Got it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am glad hes stepping down, but he was popular in Wisconsin, I bet they put a democrat in now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-12-2018, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Welp, will he follow his predecessor's lead and abandon his "principles" to chase the money?
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-boehne...pot-board/

He said, "I’m joining the board of #AcreageHoldings because my thinking on cannabis has evolved."

His thinking didn't evolve; his direct deposit changed. Maybe he can lobby to legalize it already.

From a conservative viewpoint, Ryan was not a good speaker. He was so caught up in the big picture that he ignored the little things that add up. Because he knew the budget can't ever really be balanced unless entitlements are addressed, he didn't see any need to keep the discretionary spending down. Sure, cutting out things like Planned Parenthood from the federal budget would be a mere drop in the bucket, but there were a ton of such spending drops that should have been cut and weren't under Ryan.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"