Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Syria

(04-13-2018, 09:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 09:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: American imperialism strikes again.

I have to agree. Something tells me this may be the beginning of something huge and very, very bad. Tensions between the U.S. and Russia have been building almost as bad as it was during the cold war and this may be the tipping point. We as a nation have no business being in Syria to begin with. It has nothing to do with us. There are evil dictators all over the world, particularly in Africa (where atrocities on innocent victims are committed on a daily basis), yet we never interfere there. We only go where the oil is. No threats were made directly at the United States, yet we choose to use force over an incident that doesn't involve us at all. This is completely senseless.

Oil has to do with us. It makes perfect sense.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Take a guess at who the Syrians are having to defend against now...

so it begins.........so much for Trump was faking the media out he was serious about his red line it seems. As a non-interventionist I don't like it but I get it, we've signed treaties and made promises to respond to any chemical attacks so it's not unprecedented. Trump didn't give himself any wiggle room using that stupid twitter to taunt Russia or promising action early on. Best to pray for the military now and minimal civilian casualties. No really good outcome at this point, hopefully Putin was bluffing about shooting down missiles and targeting launch points.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-13-2018, 10:00 PM)EricC85 Wrote: so it begins.........so much for Trump was faking the media out he was serious about his red line it seems. As a non-interventionist I don't like it but I get it, we've signed treaties and made promises to respond to any chemical attacks so it's not unprecedented. Trump didn't give himself any wiggle room using that stupid twitter to taunt Russia or promising action early on. Best to pray for the military now and minimal civilian casualties. No really good outcome at this point, hopefully Putin was bluffing about shooting down missiles and targeting launch points.

Apparently the Russian air defense is being used to shoot down missiles, so yeah.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2018, 10:09 PM by JackCity.)

Imagine helping Isis

https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/stat...88673?s=19

This could get interesting

(04-13-2018, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This could get interesting

Interesting is not the word that comes to mind.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2018, 10:43 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/statu...36864?s=19

(04-13-2018, 10:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/statu...36864?s=19

I'm really not liking where this is going.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-13-2018, 10:58 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/...05952?s=19

Lol

This thing had all the makings of a disaster, since the U.S. and Russia were backing different sides of a civil war. I've always been against any kind of intervention in any country's civil battles. Those things always get messy.

Rumor is that Russians knew of the attack locations ahead of time. Operation is being called "complete".

US causes Millions of dollars worth of damage and that's about it.

(04-13-2018, 09:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 09:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: American imperialism strikes again.

I have to agree. Something tells me this may be the beginning of something huge and very, very bad. Tensions between the U.S. and Russia have been building almost as bad as it was during the cold war and this may be the tipping point. We as a nation have no business being in Syria to begin with. It has nothing to do with us. There are evil dictators all over the world, particularly in Africa (where atrocities on innocent victims are committed on a daily basis), yet we never interfere there. We only go where the oil is. No threats were made directly at the United States, yet we choose to use force over an incident that doesn't involve us at all. This is completely senseless.
Just because you aren’t aware or the media isn’t pushing it doesn’t mean we aren’t or haven’t been involved for a looong period of time. Heck, there is a US Major Command dedicated to the region. May want to do your homework.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Russia was not made aware of targets ahead of time. No sign of retaliation other than a few surface to air missles defense systems. All targets hit. Sepveral methods of precision strikes used to include B-1s, F-22, Tomahawk, F-15s, British cruise missles, and French Rafale fighters. Multiple platforms coordinated to confuse air defenses. Russia will not and cannot afford retaliatory strikes. Especially on behalf of a decimated country that offers minimal gain/compensation.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Is there a Vegas line on how much attention this diverts from the Comey book?

(kidding...  sort-of)

On a more serious note:

Here's the Brit PM's blurb on the RAF missile strike -
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43763605

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018, 05:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-14-2018, 03:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Is there a Vegas line on how much attention this diverts from the Comey book?

(kidding...  sort-of)

On a more serious note:

Here's the Brit PM's blurb on the RAF missile strike -
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43763605

The timing of the chemical attack sure served as a good detractor from the president's problems. Have you ever seen that movie, Wag the Dog?

(04-14-2018, 12:33 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 09:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have to agree. Something tells me this may be the beginning of something huge and very, very bad. Tensions between the U.S. and Russia have been building almost as bad as it was during the cold war and this may be the tipping point. We as a nation have no business being in Syria to begin with. It has nothing to do with us. There are evil dictators all over the world, particularly in Africa (where atrocities on innocent victims are committed on a daily basis), yet we never interfere there. We only go where the oil is. No threats were made directly at the United States, yet we choose to use force over an incident that doesn't involve us at all. This is completely senseless.
Just because you aren’t aware or the media isn’t pushing it doesn’t mean we aren’t or haven’t been involved for a looong period of time. Heck, there is a US Major Command dedicated to the region. May want to do your homework.

Then why not publicize it like we do when we make moves in the Middle East? The answer, because we aren't doing things to stop atrocities in other areas of the world, where we have nothing to gain.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018, 05:28 AM by The Real Marty.)

History shows that major wars often come completely unexpectedly.  

For example, in 1914, the Austro-Hungarians decided to launch a punitive strike against the Serbians, and it resulted in 20 million dead and Russia going over to the Bolsheviks.   Then, of course, 20 years later, Germany decided they wanted a rematch, and we got another 50 million dead, the development of nuclear weapons, and the cold war.  All because some obscure Serbian terrorist group decided to assassinate the heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne.  And that wouldn't have happened if the limo driver hadn't made a wrong turn.  

Little pivot points in history.  Imagine if some worker at a defense plant went out with his friends, got drunk, came to work hung over, made a mistake, and as a result a precision guided weapon landed on a Russian air base instead of the target it was intended for.  

The other day, Russian state media warned their people to prepare for a nuclear war.   I hope all these national leaders know what they're doing.

(04-13-2018, 10:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...54464?s=19
Lol never fails

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/r...23075.html
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."