Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dez Bryant Released (merged)

(04-14-2018, 05:23 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Stay away from this guy...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23153...as-cowboys

Quote:Bryant put the decision to release him on coaches and players he labeled as "Garrett guys," but he did not name anybody specifically.

"I won't put no names out, but they know, and I went them to know I know," Bryant told NFL Network.
"I'll shoot them a text message and let them know. Little do they know is, they can wear that 'C' all they want to, but in the locker room, they know they run and they talk, too. They know who they communicate with. Everybody knows where the real love is at."

He mad.... He real mad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL...people clinging to the idea of what Bryant WAS.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Bryant put the decision to release him on coaches and players he labeled as "Garrett guys," but he did not name anybody specifically.

"I won't put no names out, but they know, and I went them to know I know," Bryant told NFL Network.
"I'll shoot them a text message and let them know. Little do they know is, they can wear that 'C' all they want to, but in the locker room, they know they run and they talk, too. They know who they communicate with. Everybody knows where the real love is at."

Anyone know or have a guess as to who he might be talking about?

Honestly it's a pass for me on Dez but Garrett has been ruining that team since he got there and this story sounds like it might not even be just on the field.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Please no.

The Patriots don't want this guy either despite their history of bringing older, proven guys in. Belichick does not want distractions.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Hurns can get his 88

I'd kick the tires on him

As much as his abilities have regressed from his prime, he would likely be the best WR on the Jags roster. He would be solid in a possession and red zone WR role. Unfortunately, the Jags can not afford him. I think some team will pony up a 1-2 year deal with an average $9-12m per year.

(04-14-2018, 02:04 PM)ATLjag Wrote: As much as his abilities have regressed from his prime, he would likely be the best WR on the Jags roster.  He would be solid in a possession and red zone WR role.  Unfortunately, the Jags can not afford him.  I think some team will pony up a 1-2 year deal with an average $9-12m per year.

I actually think Keelan Cole is a better receiver right now than Dez Bryant.
Different types of receivers, sure, but if I had to choose between the two for one year contract hypothetically - I think I'd take Cole.  I really think he's going to keep getting better for a while.

Dez can still be a good receiver for someone. You just have to be smart with how you use him. He isn't physically what he once was and never developed into an advanced route runner.

So you have to use him in the slot more where he can bully smaller nickels, keep feeding him in the red zone and letting him go up and get it. Can still be a 800+ 8 TD guy.

I agree. The Jaguars are interested in winning, not nursing the bruised ego of an aging wideout who isn't the player he was and has failed to adjust accordingly to stay on top.

This Garrett fellow may be a problem but to talk all this smack then turn around and say you're not throwing anyone under the bus (said in an article) and then continue to talk crap is childish. If Garrett & his "guys" are a problem take to him/them. Throwing it all over the media and interwebs doesn't do anything for him.

Dez can't run routes and lost a step. Dude is trash. Lesson to all the young athletic receivers to learn that damn route tree. That's why Larry Fitz is a legend. That man can play till 50.

(04-14-2018, 07:25 AM)Achilles Wrote:

Anyone know or have a guess as to who he might be talking about?

Honestly it's a pass for me on Dez but Garrett has been ruining that team since he got there and this story sounds like it might not even be just on the field.

From the article

Jones said in a statement.

"He will always be a valued member of our family. Dez and I share a personal and professional relationship that is very strong, and he is one of just a handful of players with whom I have become that close to over the past 30 years. This was not an easy decision. It was made based upon doing what we believe is in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys. We arrived at this crossroad collectively with input from several voices within the organization. Ultimately we determined it was time to go in a new direction."

Garrett is a prop for the meddlesome owner that would love to be on the sideline.  Jones undermines the coaches when certain players have a direct line to him and can bypass the coach.

Of course I'm bitter, before Jones I was a huge cowboys fan.  One of the few in upstate NY as a kid.  I know what Jones has done for the NFL and why he is in the HOF but I don't like him.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-13-2018, 07:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: His whining about why he was let go is getting old already. Good grief.

If it makes him play harder and put up a good year next year, then the whinning might be worth it. I would give him the one year 'rebound' deal and let someone else do the long term mistake.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(04-15-2018, 11:52 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 07:25 AM)Achilles Wrote: Anyone know or have a guess as to who he might be talking about?

From the article

Jones said in a statement.

"He will always be a valued member of our family. Dez and I share a personal and professional relationship that is very strong, and he is one of just a handful of players with whom I have become that close to over the past 30 years. This was not an easy decision. It was made based upon doing what we believe is in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys. We arrived at this crossroad collectively with input from several voices within the organization. Ultimately we determined it was time to go in a new direction."

Garrett is a prop for the meddlesome owner that would love to be on the sideline.  Jones undermines the coaches when certain players have a direct line to him and can bypass the coach.

Of course I'm bitter, before Jones I was a huge cowboys fan.  One of the few in upstate NY as a kid.  I know what Jones has done for the NFL and why he is in the HOF but I don't like him.

Definitely not that easy these days. Mostly Giants and cowboys around here.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He started folling watt and hopkins and other texans on twitter maybe something or nothing.
No Fun

(04-16-2018, 09:24 AM)nhiverson Wrote: He started folling watt and hopkins and other texans on twitter maybe something or nothing.

He follows Tim Tebow as well, I am expecting him to sign a minor league baseball contract to play for the Binghamton Rumble Poines later this afternoon. I'd love to see Dez patrolling left field at Citi field in 2020.

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/985855985024581632?s=19
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM by chris hill.)

Seriously now he wants to play for Giants.. He's just like any other money maker I know.. Goes from Americas team then to a team with what 2 wins.. What a joke this league has become.. All because of money which is killing the world today.. Cuz people don't know how to live a normal life.. Sad but true..

Trust me I used to see people that were scams I know one when I see one lol..

Ed Werder reporting that Dez turned down a multi year deal with the ravens and he apparently once a one year prove it deal for big money.