Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State Of The Franchise

Details from the presentation today at the stadium in this thread. 

Here's a very encouraging statistic. The Jags regular season TV ratings outpaced the league average in 2017. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-19at11.16.40AM.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is that specific to Jags games or is that just average NFL tv ratings by NFL cities?

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 11:23 AM by knarnn.)

Lamping wants a new stadium.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He's talking about the fall in Revenue Ranking BUT DID NOTE THIS STAT IS 1-YEAR BEHIND.

Lol ..... kind of an irrelevant stat if you ask me considering that was the year when we won 3 games under GUS (really 2 since Marrone won 1) and pretty much hit rock bottom from a fan perspective.

If anyone watching can keep updating this thread that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 11:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-19-2018, 11:23 AM)knarnn Wrote: Lamping wants a new stadium.

Hopefully one in Jacksonville.  He's talking about revenue being 2x the amount when they play in London

(04-19-2018, 11:24 AM)JagJohn Wrote: If anyone watching can keep updating this thread that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Talking about the critical game in London that helps stabilize the Jags in Jacksonville.  The revenues are critical to support the franchise being here in Jax.

So they're building up to move to London. Is what I'm seeing here?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Lamping harping on the need to keep up with the expectations of fans by continuing to maintain and upgrade the city owned stadium.

Outlined how vital the revenue boost from the London game is.

Pointing out how significantly lower our ticket prices are and how that caps our max revenue to a mark much lower than league average.

He's setting up an alley-oop to pitch the shipyard project in my opinion -  as well as getting his point across to the mayor about sharing the load on stadium upgrades and downtown development.

Ticket price focus again  -- they will keep going up while the team is winning as we are well behind league average.

(04-19-2018, 11:27 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: So they're building up to move to London. Is what I'm seeing here?

Many will say otherwise but that's what the undertone sounds like.

Hey, there's my 30% increase! Now we're over inflation woohoo

(04-19-2018, 11:27 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: So they're building up to move to London. Is what I'm seeing here?

Sounds more like he's simply justifying the game there and using it to illustrate how hard it is to generate revenue in JAX with the low ticket price at home. 

They want the city to chip in on more improvements and they want to raise prices at home.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 11:35 AM by pirkster.)

(04-19-2018, 11:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Sounds more like he's simply justifying the game there and using it to illustrate how hard it is to generate revenue in JAX with the low ticket price at home. 

They want the city to chip in on more improvements and they want to raise prices at home.

Yep, I saw it as more a blunt statement on how the stadium needs to be invested in, that the city needs to be a big part of that, and that even as nice as it is - it won't last forever.

(04-19-2018, 11:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He's talking about the fall in Revenue Ranking BUT DID NOTE THIS STAT IS 1-YEAR BEHIND.

Lol ..... kind of an irrelevant stat if you ask me considering that was the year when we won 3 games under GUS (really 2 since Marrone won 1) and pretty much hit rock bottom from a fan perspective.

Plus, this season they had an extra game... without tarps.  Home playoffs is where the extra money is.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Ticket sales look great but, we don't make enough money off them.

Money money money !

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM by Hard_Eight.)

$5 Hot Dogs, Fries, Nachos, Pretzels, and Soft Drinks

Dog park!

$5 concessions whoop whoop!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A dog park ??? Sure....

lol what the hell

And installing a stadium dog park

Most Veterans by percentage of all NFL markets.