Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State Of The Franchise

Maybe I missed it but how will traffic be diverted once the overpass has been removed. I use the ramp twice a day four days a week and truth be told there is not a lot of traffic unless there is an event.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2018, 10:06 AM)copycat Wrote: Maybe I missed it but how will traffic be diverted once the overpass has been removed.  I use the ramp twice a day four days a week and truth be told there is not a lot of traffic unless there is an event.

I believe that for the most part the traffic will follow the current path of the overpass as closely as possible.  The mock ups all show it dropping drivers right there near the stadium on Gator Bowl Blvd and feeding down to Bay Street.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-02-2018, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bumping this old thread with some updated shipyards proposals:

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/10...7820840961

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...5199696896

Putting the convention center in the heart of the shipyards project is a terrific idea as it will consolidate a lot of activity in that area.  The Prime Osborne is so remote from the rest of downtown that it's not conducive to any peripheral activities.  No hotel, and no real life out there to make it viable to host larger events.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I hope I actually see this come to fruition, rather than just a bunch of talk, before I bite the dust.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-02-2018, 10:16 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 10:06 AM)copycat Wrote: Maybe I missed it but how will traffic be diverted once the overpass has been removed.  I use the ramp twice a day four days a week and truth be told there is not a lot of traffic unless there is an event.

I believe that for the most part the traffic will follow the current path of the overpass as closely as possible.  The mock ups all show it dropping drivers right there near the stadium on Gator Bowl Blvd and feeding down to Bay Street.

It is that "drop off" that I am curious about.  Using Bay Street is no big deal it is getting there that I have questions about.  As you know it is quite congested already where the overpass splits.  Using the current off ramp for Bay Street screams nightmare to me even as little traffic as there is on a normal work day.  Especially when you add in the expected added traffic once the project is complete I hope I am retired by the time that happens.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-02-2018, 10:19 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bumping this old thread with some updated shipyards proposals:

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/10...7820840961

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...5199696896

Putting the convention center in the heart of the shipyards project is a terrific idea as it will consolidate a lot of activity in that area.  The Prime Osborne is so remote from the rest of downtown that it's not conducive to any peripheral activities.  No hotel, and no real life out there to make it viable to host larger events.

Agreed completely about the Convention Center being moved there.

The thing that bugs me about the lack of progress on the shipyards development is the cleanup costs.

I seem to recall (and I may be wrong-if so I welcome correction) an estimated cost of about $30-35 million. 

Fully acknowledging I am either talking about Shad Khan's money or the taxpayers', that doesn't seem like much when compared to the potential benefits a Shipyards development would bring.  Whether it's taxes paid by construction workers who help build the thing or the subsequent traffic downtown-auto and pedestrian-and the money spent there, I can't believe that sum of money is stopping or even delaying this.  I would be more inclined to think parking would be the bigger issue, since that's what doomed the Landing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Looking at the renderings from the times-union, it seems a more modest proposal than the original shipyards plan.

I wonder if that's an adjustment based upon the Lot J project, or if something else is afoot.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-02-2018, 10:26 AM)Rico Wrote: I hope I actually see this come to fruition, rather than just a bunch of talk, before I bite the dust.

Yep, as a 39 year resident of this great city, I am in the "believe it when I see it" camp.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2018, 01:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Shad is movin' and shakin' ..... check out his plans for Fulham's Soccer Stadium (Craven Cottage) on the Thames River in London.  He also just spent ~ 85 million pounds (~$110 million USD)  in player acquisitions just for this single season.  Those 7 players return to their original team at the end of this season (aka Player Loan).

Aerial Pic

[Image: 220px-Craven_Cottage_LH4736.jpg]

CURRENT (river view)

[Image: Craven-Cottage-planeras-byggas-ut.jpg]

KHAN'S APPROVED DESIGN (BELOW) -- CONSTRUCTION UNDERWAY

[Image: screen_shot_2018-03-21_at_14.12.02-1.png...uality=100]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM by B2hibry.)

Big hurdle #1 out of the way. Someway, somehow, federal funding was acquired to start the project corridor required for this massive shipyards undertaking.

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/inde...SqVh_athVQ
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-06-2018, 04:05 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Big hurdle #1 out of the way. Someway, somehow, federal funding was acquired to start the project corridor required for this massive shipyards undertaking.

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/inde...SqVh_athVQ

Interesting! I hope they can do what all they want and plan to. Would make the area look amazing! Hopefully our team can be consistently good by then........
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It's looking like that 25mil is earmarked for "transportation" downtown.

Half of it will be used to remove the Hart expressway elevated roadway downtown, the other half will transform Bay Street's accessibility and mobility so that it can serve as a free flowing corridor to the stadium/amphitheater as well as the proposed waterfront development.