Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State Of The Franchise

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 12:58 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-19-2018, 12:51 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: TIAA Bank Field...it just kinda rolls off the tongue like fine poetry - LOL.  

I love the renderings that show a futuristic new city straight out of the Jetsons...

....and the reality that we're actually getting a place for dogs to poo and a place for fans to...grunt?

Do what I do, just call it Jacksonville Stadium.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I will say that new logo looks great on the glossy all black helmet.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 01:10 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Looks like TC spent about 5 minutes on the uni design.  Give me three crayons, black, white and teal.  

Ok, done.  Now I'm heading down to the Grunt Zone Executive lavatory.

(04-19-2018, 01:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I will say that new logo looks great on the glossy all black helmet.

Love it! I hope they never change it.

(04-19-2018, 01:09 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Looks like TC spent about 5 minutes on the uni design.  Give me three crayons, black, white and teal.  

Ok, done.  Now I'm heading down to the Grunt Zone Executive lavatory.

Stolen.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-19-2018, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I hate to throw any cold water on this, is anyone else growing more pessimistic about any Shipyards project actually being realized?

No but I think the one thing that will hold up this is the City

(04-19-2018, 12:45 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:44 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Old Jerseys with black helmets and no color rush.  HOW HARD IS IT UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WHO'S IN CHARGE OF DESIGN BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING STUPID.  WE ARE NOT 2 YR OLDS  AND WENT FROM MEH TO ATROCIOUS.

LOUD NOISES

If you could hear that, nevermind.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-19-2018, 12:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:51 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: TIAA Bank Field...it just kinda rolls off the tongue like fine poetry - LOL.  

I love the renderings that show a futuristic new city straight out of the Jetsons...

....and the reality that we're actually getting a place for dogs to poo and a place for fans to...grunt?

Do what I do, just call it Jacksonville Stadium.

Can still call it "The Bank"

(04-19-2018, 12:24 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Gloss black helmet. Meh would have preferred matte or the teal pearl coat from a few years back.

Omg the gloss black is so, soooo much better than the sparkly teal helmets IMO.

(04-19-2018, 12:01 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 11:59 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Jaguars sign Lynyrd Skynyrd.

LMAO

Sounds like a great concert. \m/\m/

Wish I could see which buildings he was pointing at...

Where are we going to park?

In Bayard apparently.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

The big takeaway from the state of the franchise every year is that we are in very good hands.

It's no more than we deserve but something that not every team has. We landed the best possible owner for us and he surrounded himself with people at the top of their field.

We might have a down year on the field here and there but overall we will be fine.

(04-19-2018, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I hate to throw any cold water on this, is anyone else growing more pessimistic about any Shipyards project actually being realized?

I think it will eventually get done, but it's going to take time. Not sure Khan, or me for that matter, will live to see it. If you're under 40 - probably.

Who will fill all that office and living space? We need some Fortune 500 companies to move here.

Can't believe the pessimism on this thread. Maybe we were listening to different presentations? Revenue, growth is up. 7,500 NEW season ticket holders. New sponsors. Awesome development plans for downtown.

But yeah, let's throw a hissy fit because the uniforms aren't to your liking.

(04-19-2018, 12:58 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: New in the North End Zone:  Grunt Style:  Where Training Camp Meets Boot Camp.  

OK, can I move my seats somewhere else?  I just wanna watch the game, maybe enjoy a beer without the smell of either camp.

This is Jacksonville, where you have to pay homage to veterans in everything you do. I think when you sign up for any branch of the military you have to promise to retire in Orange Park.

This just comes across as less "military" and more "corporate partnership". Oh well, it's all business.

Grunt style is a clothing company. I don't see the big deal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-19-2018, 02:02 PM)Dimson Wrote: Grunt style is a clothing company. I don't see the big deal.

I checked them out, you're right. At least now I can get a Haterade or Throat Punch t-shirt at Jaguar games. It's a little more exciting than dog poo I guess.

Dog park at the stadium, that is lame. Must have been a woman's idea.

(04-19-2018, 01:30 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Can't believe the pessimism on this thread. Maybe we were listening to different presentations? Revenue, growth is up. 7,500 NEW season ticket holders. New sponsors. Awesome development plans for downtown.

We are down 1 spot in local revenue. 25th to 26th. Yes the info is from the 2016 season. But def not something to gloat about. Don't know why you would add that to your argument.

(04-19-2018, 01:30 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Can't believe the pessimism on this thread. Maybe we were listening to different presentations? Revenue, growth is up. 7,500 NEW season ticket holders. New sponsors. Awesome development plans for downtown.

I prefer hissy fits about hissy fits.  Big Grin

(04-19-2018, 12:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yuck

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/98699...31970?s=19

Not that I'm about a football stadium being anything other than a football stadium (no pools, no lounges, etc., is good for me) but what's the problem? Jacksonville is a military city. Primarily Navy, but I won't hold that against them as a former Army soldier.  Big Grin I don't have an issue at all with the military being recognized, especially in the stadium in a military city. If there was a team in my area with Fort Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne, Special Forces, Delta Force, Rangers, etc.) just down the road I would absolutely expect the same thing. 

Do I like the name Grunt Style? Not really, no. But I'm not going to hate on the organization for recognizing our troops. Ever.