Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State Of The Franchise

Helment's look good! Finally no more two tone!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2018, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Do what I do, just call it Jacksonville Stadium.

Can still call it "The Bank"

Yep, don't even have to change the gameday jumbotron sequences.  "Lock down the bank"
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 05:08 PM by JackCity.)

(04-19-2018, 04:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:15 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yuck

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/98699...31970?s=19

Not that I'm about a football stadium being anything other than a football stadium (no pools, no lounges, etc., is good for me) but what's the problem? Jacksonville is a military city. Primarily Navy, but I won't hold that against them as a former Army soldier.  Big Grin I don't have an issue at all with the military being recognized, especially in the stadium in a military city. If there was a team in my area with Fort Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne, Special Forces, Delta Force, Rangers, etc.) just down the road I would absolutely expect the same thing. 

Do I like the name Grunt Style? Not really, no. But I'm not going to hate on the organization for recognizing our troops. Ever.

That particular group have had some controversial political commentary over the last while hence my yuck. Won't go into it here.

It's smart for the jags to pay homage and market towards its large military community.

(04-19-2018, 03:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dog park at the stadium, that is lame.  Must have been a woman's idea.

Seriously what's with the dog park idea lol. Does that mean people can bring their dogs to the game? Oddest addition to a stadium I think I've ever seen lol.

(04-19-2018, 04:43 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 01:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: Can still call it "The Bank"

Yep, don't even have to change the gameday jumbotron sequences.  "Lock down the bank"

The bank isn't a bad stadium as they go. Banks are generally valuable and quite secure!

(04-19-2018, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I hate to throw any cold water on this, is anyone else growing more pessimistic about any Shipyards project actually being realized?

They hired the Cordish Company...which is a real estate development company..that have redone multiple metropolitan sports cities downtown type of life.
This is a big step in actually getting alot of this started and in motion IMO.

(04-19-2018, 07:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 03:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dog park at the stadium, that is lame.  Must have been a woman's idea.

Seriously what's with the dog park idea lol. Does that mean people can bring their dogs to the game? Oddest addition to a stadium I think I've ever seen lol.
This one has me floored. I didn't really know there was that large of a need. Can't say I've ever seen someone bring there dog to a game, nor did I think that was allowed. It's such an odd addition.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 12:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 07:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Seriously what's with the dog park idea lol. Does that mean people can bring their dogs to the game? Oddest addition to a stadium I think I've ever seen lol.
This one has me floored. I didn't really know there was that large of a need. Can't say I've ever seen someone bring there dog to a game, nor did I think that was allowed. It's such an odd addition.

If you've ever seen baseball games that are participating in Pups at the Park or Bark at the Park, whatever, it's pretty popular. I can see local rescue organizations buying tickets just for the experience. I'm definitely curious to see what becomes of it. I would probably take my dog to a game 1 time and see what the experience is like. Seemed like the view from the park wasn't too shabby.

(04-19-2018, 07:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Seriously what's with the dog park idea lol. Does that mean people can bring their dogs to the game? Oddest addition to a stadium I think I've ever seen lol.

Personally I don't get taking your dogs everywhere you go.
But a lot of people do it. To the stores, downtown drinking (at least here in Pensacola that happens a lot).
If people can bring their dogs to the tailgaiting and then drop them off to be doggy sat at the park while they enjoy the game and then pick em up after... I suppose it opens up another avenue of revenue.
"something for everyone" is coming to mind for the ol Bank.
Dog parks, pools, military appreciation NEZ...
It ain't all for everyone but a lil something for anyone.

(04-20-2018, 12:03 PM)coachd88 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: While I hate to throw any cold water on this, is anyone else growing more pessimistic about any Shipyards project actually being realized?

They hired the Cordish Company...which is a real estate development company..that have redone multiple metropolitan sports cities downtown type of life.

Interesting you brought this up.

One of the talking heads on the radio last night observed the development talk was focused on lot J...across the street from the Shipyards.

He noted that Lamping described Khan as not very patient, and that this may be a way of speeding up the development of the area as a whole.

I wonder what would happen if Khan develops the Lot J stuff, and the Shipyards cleanup goes through.  Would Khan develop the Shipyards as he initially planned in addition to the Lot J, or is the Lot J stuff a replacement?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-20-2018, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:03 PM)coachd88 Wrote: They hired the Cordish Company...which is a real estate development company..that have redone multiple metropolitan sports cities downtown type of life.

One of the talking heads on the radio last night observed the development talk was focused on lot J...across the street from the Shipyards.

He noted that Lamping described Khan as not very patient, and that this may be a way of speeding up the development of the area as a whole.

I wonder what would happen if Khan develops the Lot J stuff, and the Shipyards cleanup goes through.  Would Khan develop the Shipyards as he initially planned in addition to the Lot J, or is the Lot J stuff a replacement?

The emphasis was on "doing what we can control".  I think the shipyards is the big fish he wants so even when Lot J gets done he'll still follow through on the shipyards plan regardless.

(04-20-2018, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:03 PM)coachd88 Wrote: They hired the Cordish Company...which is a real estate development company..that have redone multiple metropolitan sports cities downtown type of life.

I think it's all one big plan with Lot J providing a way/place to get a head start. 

Something I noticed is that the new renderings and Lamping's descriptions of the areas would lend themselves more to private sector leases and even initial investment - potentially lessening the early strain on the city and Khan.  

I think that may be one of the key "refocus points" of this Cordish proposal.

(04-20-2018, 01:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting you brought this up.

The emphasis was on "doing what we can control".  I think the shipyards is the big fish he wants so even when Lot J gets done he'll still follow through on the shipyards plan regardless.

It stands to reason though, that at some point Khan will merely go "I've done enough. When is someone else going to chip in to this work?"

I don't know when that will be, but I can't see Khan simply dumping money into the city and the stadium in perpetuity without someone else coming along and helping with the heavy lifting.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM by JackCity.)

(04-20-2018, 01:27 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: The emphasis was on "doing what we can control".  I think the shipyards is the big fish he wants so even when Lot J gets done he'll still follow through on the shipyards plan regardless.

It stands to reason though, that at some point Khan will merely go "I've done enough. When is someone else going to chip in to this work?"

I don't know when that will be, but I can't see Khan simply dumping money into the city and the stadium in perpetuity without someone else coming along and helping with the heavy lifting.

He is a businessman after all. 

I guess the ultimate plan is the build a new stadium there with a lot of "help" from the city right? 

He's pumping hundreds of millions in to make that area better. At a certain point he will want it back and likely in the form of a stadium. 

Khan's bargaining position would be pretty strong. I don't know the financial ins and outs of any of this but I don't see how Jacksonville could tell him no if he requested a lot of help from them.

(04-20-2018, 01:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 01:27 PM)Deacon Wrote: It stands to reason though, that at some point Khan will merely go "I've done enough. When is someone else going to chip in to this work?"

He is a businessman after all. 

I guess the ultimate plan is the build a new stadium there with a lot of "help" from the city right? 

He's pumping hundreds of millions in to make that area better. At a certain point he will want it back and likely in the form of a stadium. 

Khan's bargaining position would be pretty strong. I don't know the financial ins and outs of any of this but I don't see how Jacksonville could tell him no if he requested a lot of help from them.

My 'from afar' take on the situation is that Khan is trying to build something, and not just brick and mortar. He has gone on record with statements such as "the average homeless man in Detroit has more swagger than a Jacksonville businessman" or something along those lines. 

To me, it seems he relished the idea of building not just a football team, but developing up the entire city. He has brought first class into the city and even provided a real tie to a Major metropolis in terms of London. He has big dreams and the ambition and moxie to see them through, but will there come a time when he looks at the people of Jacksonville and just says to himself "why should I continue?"? I hope not, but goodwill doesn't last forever from my perspective.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-19-2018, 11:23 AM)knarnn Wrote: Lamping wants a new stadium.

I called this years ago, if we want to keep the Jags we need a new stadium in the next 5 years. Otherwise London will become a real possibility.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 02:10 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Service members love their emotional health pitbulls or w/e they call them. It actually makes sense to me.

(04-20-2018, 12:14 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 12:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote: This one has me floored. I didn't really know there was that large of a need. Can't say I've ever seen someone bring there dog to a game, nor did I think that was allowed. It's such an odd addition.

If you've ever seen baseball games that are participating in Pups at the Park or Bark at the Park, whatever, it's pretty popular. I can see local rescue organizations buying tickets just for the experience. I'm definitely curious to see what becomes of it. I would probably take my dog to a game 1 time and see what the experience is like. Seemed like the view from the park wasn't too shabby.

The place is gonna be packed with dogs if the Jags don't force people to preregister. I hope they have the foresight to do this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Seems maybe the city leaders are finally realizing that things can't wait forever. Their decision to move ahead with this is a good example of it.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jack...eral-funds.

Hart Expressway project moving forward without federal funds
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Great news, will be great to see this development take place

Bumping this old thread with some updated shipyards proposals:

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/10...7820840961

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...5199696896