Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans Open at New England?

That was a tough game for New England last year, and that was when they had a competent and experienced LT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe Watt will sack Brady, breaking Tom's collarbone and both of his shins simultaneously.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 03:06 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-19-2018, 02:56 PM)Deacon Wrote: Maybe Watt will sack Brady, breaking Tom's collarbone and both of his shins simultaneously.

I often hear people say they want to face team X at full strength.

Normally, I don't care.  When we've been banged up and less of a team due to injuries, nobody cared.  The standings won't count the win any less because the Pats were injured any more than it would count the Jags loss any less because we were injured.

That said, I want Brady to play against us week 2. 

That [BLEEP] has ended our season too many times now.

I want him to be a beaten man by the end of that week 2 game.

Think that Y.A. Tittle photo.

That's how I want Brady to look after their first series against us....to saay nothing about after the 4th quarter.

I want him punished.

(beginning to channel Robert DeNiro from Untouchables).

(04-19-2018, 03:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 02:56 PM)Deacon Wrote: Maybe Watt will sack Brady, breaking Tom's collarbone and both of his shins simultaneously.

Normally, I don't care.  When we've been banged up and less of a team due to injuries, nobody cared.  The standings won't count the win any less because the Pats were injured any more than it would count the Jags loss any less because we were injured.

That's how I want Brady to look after their first series against us....to saay nothing about after the 4th quarter.

I want him punished.

I've always wanted to play teams with injured QBs but in this case, yes I do hope Brady plays vs the Jags.  The Jax/Boston vibe downtown with both fanbases will be great

(04-19-2018, 03:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I want him punished.

You know damn well this defense is going to be out for blood in that game. Can't wait.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-19-2018, 03:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 03:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I often hear people say they want to face team X at full strength.

I want him punished.

You know damn well this defense is going to be out for blood in that game. Can't wait.

Exactly.

if bortles gets hurt now its your fault Deacon. you shouldn't wish injury on other players. Karma comes back to haunt you.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

gonna be curious to see how the offensive game play will be called this time around when we play NE

Playing the pats early >>> playing them mid season or late.

(04-19-2018, 10:01 PM)JackCity Wrote: Playing the pats early >>> playing them mid season or late.

^So True. 

It's been that way with the Pats for years now.

The Pats will be an interesting storyline this year. They have always been a team to no pay for well known players but this year has an interesting dynamic and unusually large purge of talent. Remains to be seen if the pats even move the needle this year.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-20-2018, 09:43 AM)B2hibry Wrote: The Pats will be an interesting storyline this year. They have always been a team to no pay for well known players but this year has an interesting dynamic and unusually large purge of talent. Remains to be seen if the pats even move the needle this year.

To me, one of the underrated factors in the Patriots success is that they have had solid to superlative LT play.

Brady had Matt Light ( a college G) move out to LT and he played the position from 2001 (the Patriots' first SB win under Brady) to 2011.  He made three Pro Bowls and was All Pro once.

Then they drafted Nate Solder in 2011, and he has been the LT since.  Although he has not been named to any Pro Bowls or All Pro teams, I think most would agree he is a good LT.

There have been very very few times since 2000 where the Pats had a turnstile at LT.

Now, Solder is gone, and there appears to be no viable replacement on the roster for him.  Next week's draft is key.  If they trade up for Rosen, will they have the ammo remaining to get a LT?  If they don't deal up, will they be able to and a good LT?

If they do land a good LT, how long will it take for him to develop?  He won't have much time.  Whoever he is, he'll start his career against Jadeveon Clowney and Whitney Mercilus in week 1, and Ngakoue, Fowler, and Campbell here in Jacksonville in week 2.

If they take a LT and he is slow to develop or they flat out miss, they are in trouble.

They can always sign Luke Joeckel!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-20-2018, 11:03 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They can always sign Luke Joeckel!

I would be all for the Patriots signing Luke Joeckel to be their starting LT.

(04-19-2018, 09:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:

if bortles gets hurt now its your fault Deacon. you shouldn't wish injury on other players. Karma comes back to haunt you.

I never wished for injury. I simply pointed out a possible outcome.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-20-2018, 11:25 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: if bortles gets hurt now its your fault Deacon. you shouldn't wish injury on other players. Karma comes back to haunt you.

I never wished for injury. I simply pointed out a possible outcome.
no offensse intended,but to me that sounds lik wishing injury on another player.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.