Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2018 Schedule

(04-20-2018, 03:50 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 02:52 PM)Rico Wrote: May go see the Dallas game.  My daughter lives in Ft. Worth so I have free lodging.

You may not be welcome there.  You know...  If she's a Cowboys fan.

She just moved out there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 09:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Sept. 9 at New York Giants, 1 p.m. (FOX)Win
Sept. 16 vs. New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)Loss
Sept. 23 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Sept. 30 vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. (FOX)Win
Oct. 7 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Oct. 14 at Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)Win
Oct. 21 vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Oct. 28 vs. Philadelphia Eagles (London), 9:30 a.m. (NFLN)Loss
Nov. 4 -- BYE
Nov. 11 at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Nov. 18 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Loss
Nov. 25 at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Dec. 2 vs. Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Dec. 6 at Tennessee Titans, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN)Win
Dec. 16 vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. (FOX)Loss
Dec. 22 or 23 at Miami Dolphins, TBD (TBD)Win
Dec. 30 at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)Loss

Final Record: 11-5

(04-20-2018, 09:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Sept. 9 at New York Giants, 1 p.m. (FOX)Win
Sept. 16 vs. New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)Loss
Oct. 7 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)Win
Nov. 4 -- BYE
Nov. 18 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Loss
Dec. 6 at Tennessee Titans, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN)Win
Dec. 16 vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. (FOX)Loss

Final Record: 11-5

Ptt beating us in Jax? lol, nah

(04-20-2018, 10:40 AM)Kane Wrote: At first glance that 2nd Q looks nasty.
BUT... who's to say that the Boys and Chiefs will be really good. Perhaps Dak just isn't the superstar some believe him to be.... perhaps their WR corp is just a bunch of dudes (and our dude Agent 88).
I think if we can get out of the first half of the schedule at like 5-3, the 2nd half is much more palatable.

5-3 First half
6-2 Second half
11-5 one game improvement and AFCS champs again is a real possibility imo.

This is where I am. I don't want to be the cloud on a sunny day but the first half of the schedule could be tough. I have a lot of faith in this team and think we know how close we were last year and can do it again, the fear is doing an Oakland.

Just some quick thoughts
*No West coast game!!!
*Odell vs Ramsey week 1! 
*Glad to get the Pats out the way early, don't want it to be a game were looking at all season, first home game, a week of Pats trolls and pure, sweet revenge. 
*I agree about the Chiefs, eggs all in the Mahomes basket, hopefully by then they'e hit the Chiefs mid season wobble and with the whole Mahomes vs Ramsey/Bouye, we'll see what the kid can do.

*Hopefully Dallas are Dallas and another W. I look at some of these games and see them as the confidence building, momentum building games. There's also the flip side to that.
*Pittsburgh at the Bank, under the lights,with Al and Chris. Someone get Scobee out of retirement!!
*Division games will be really important this year, got to smash the T*tans and who knows what Clots Tinhorns turn up.

But the second half looks solid, division games aside, only the trip to Buffalo in November looks a worry. Going to Miami and Washington at home, we can finish ssrong, just got to make sure we don't put ourselves in a hole at the start.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 09:41 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-20-2018, 10:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:40 AM)Kane Wrote: At first glance that 2nd Q looks nasty.
BUT... who's to say that the Boys and Chiefs will be really good. Perhaps Dak just isn't the superstar some believe him to be.... perhaps their WR corp is just a bunch of dudes (and our dude Agent 88).
I think if we can get out of the first half of the schedule at like 5-3, the 2nd half is much more palatable.

5-3 First half
6-2 Second half
11-5 one game improvement and AFCS champs again is a real possibility imo.

This is where I am. I don't want to be the cloud on a sunny day but the first half of the schedule could be tough. I have a lot of faith in this team and think we know how close we were last year and can do it again, the fear is doing an Oakland.

Just some quick thoughts
*No West coast game!!!
*Odell vs Ramsey week 1! 
*Glad to get the Pats out the way early, don't want it to be a game were looking at all season, first home game, a week of Pats trolls and pure, sweet revenge. 
*I agree about the Chiefs, eggs all in the Mahomes basket, hopefully by then they'e hit the Chiefs mid season wobble and with the whole Mahomes vs Ramsey/Bouye, we'll see what the kid can do.

*Hopefully Dallas are Dallas and another W. I look at some of these games and see them as the confidence building, momentum building games. There's also the flip side to that.
*Pittsburgh at the Bank, under the lights,with Al and Chris. Someone get Scobee out of retirement!!
*Division games will be really important this year, got to smash the T*tans and who knows what Clots Tinhorns turn up.

But the second half looks solid, division games aside, only the trip to Buffalo in November looks a worry. Going to Miami and Washington at home, we can finish ssrong, just got to make sure we don't put ourselves in a hole at the start.

I am not too concerened about Buffalo this year.

Since we played them, they have lost four offensive linemen (Incognito, Wood, Glenn and Henderson).  Ducasse, their incumbent RG, sucks.  At minimum, they will need to replace 3 linemen.  At this stage, they will have to replace them all with rookies or stopgap vets obtained from post draft cuts.

On top of that, they have no receivers.  Kelvin Benjamin is their best guy, but is years removed from his best season, his rookie year.  He has not approached 1000 yards in a year since, and he was shut down completely by Ramsey.  Their rokie from last year, Zay Jones, was a disaster even before the incident a few weeks ago.  Their only speed guy from last year, Deonte Thompson, left in free agency.  To put their receivers in perspective, Keelan Cole outperformed all of their guys, and I am not adjusting for the half season either.

All of these shortcomings are on top of the holes at LB and at DE, where Lawson has not developed.

Now due to various trades, they have a lot of draft capital to fill these holes.  Problem is, they acquired all of these picks to fill their biggest hole at QB.  Their starter from last year, Tyrod Taylor, now toils in Cleveland.  Nathan Peterman is a prolific INT machine, and they brought in AJ McCarron, he of three starts.  Now they could get lucky and have one of the top prospects fall to them, but more likely, they will have to package picks to move up into the top five to get their guy.  This would greatly reduce their ability to fill the rest of those holes with those picks, and they would still likely end up playing us with a rookie QB with no help.  As I said, they could stay at 12, get lucky, and have one of the top guys fall to them, and then they could use those picks to fill most of those holes.  The problem with that is they would need an all time great draft to get immediate consistent and positive impact from rookies at all of those positions, including QB, for them to be a contender this year.  While that is theoretically possible, what is more likely to happen is they will draft a couple of good players, some depth, and some misses.

The above doesn't even factor in the schedule. Even if they did not have all of those holes, the first half of that schedule is absolutely brutal.

@ Ravens
Chargers
@ Vikings
@ Packers
Tacks
@ Texans
@ Colts
Patriots
Bears
@ Jets
Jaguars

Those first eight games have, at best, 2-6 written all over them before having two winnable games against the Bears and Jets before playing us.

They will likely be well out of contention before we play them.

2019 and beyond?  I'd worry about Bufalo being on the schedule.  But I am not overly concerned about them now.  At this stage, as premature as it may be, I count that as a W for us. 

As for the rest of your thoughts...I am thrilled we have no West Coast games.  Not only do we not play well there, the teams there look very strong except Seattle, who is starting a rebuild. 

That Giant offense...at least at the skill positions..should be a strong test for us.  I am more concerned with Engram at this point than OBJ.

I am glad the Chiefs got Rid of Peters.  If anything causes us to lose in KC it would be turnovers.  Peters created a lot of them, and is an excellent CB and now he is gone.

Dallas will be a strong test of our run defense.  In fact, this will look like a game from the 1980s with all of the emphasis on running.  For whatever reason, we always have problems against Washington.  That is a game that, while winnable, makes me nervous. Even though Watson is returning, I think we finally match up well with Houston, and we should sweep them.  I think Indy will still have a lot of holes and we sweep them again.  We have to get at least a sweep against the tacks though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Sept. 9 at New York Giants, 1 p.m. (FOX)Win
Sept. 16 vs. New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)Win
Oct. 7 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)Loss
Nov. 4 -- BYE
Nov. 18 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Win
Dec. 6 at Tennessee Titans, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN) Loss
Dec. 16 vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. (FOX)Win

Final Record: 12-4

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/jacksonvi...?ls=pftvod

Since the tacks sweep the jags every year, i find it hard to believe that the jags are going to turn that around and sweep the tacks as some of you are predicting

(04-21-2018, 05:26 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Since the tacks sweep the jags every year, i find it hard to believe that the jags are going to turn that around and sweep the tacks as some of you are predicting

So odd. Could have sworn we've split every year for the past 10 years before this past season
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

toughest schedule in the nfl again of all 32 teams. we have the toughesst one. Lets look at some facts here about our oppents this upcomeing season.

@Giants Super Bowl winning qb who beat pats twice in SB which one time pats were undeafted.

vs pats QB has won a good amount of SBS

vs tittians swept us last year,and jags are 0-5 last 5 games with TC being a Jaguar.

vs Jets thier rb powel,or who ever is thier rb has beaten us serveal times by himself includeing game last season.

@chiefs they have one of the top HCS in NFL until playofftime with Andy Reed,and Kanas is a tough place to play at.

@cowboys hurns will be out to show jags they shouldn't of let him go,espailley with dez gone.

Vs texans they have j.jwatt clownlly,a very strong defense plus a winning qb who won a nationtial tittle in college.

vs eagles in london   Eagles won the Super Bowl

bye week we will need the rest after the super tough first half. 

@colts they will be a completly different team with luck back

vs steelers no matter were they play these 2 teams always play each other tough.

@bills they will want payback for us knocking them out of playoffs last year.

vs colts Again diifferent team with luck being back

@tittians again they swept us last year,and jags are 0-5 last 5 games with TC as a Jaguar.

vs Redskins  they have alex smith now who is a great qb dureing regular season

@dolphins they beat the pats once a year.

@texans again they have jj. watt,clowny,a strong defense plus a tittle winning qb with watson. he won national tittle in college.

I'm not saying we can't win any of these games at all right now,nor am i sayign we will win them. all im doing is pointing out why we have the toughest Schedule in all of the nfl.  

others think its easy,espailley medeia people. as usal we got the toughest one,and now you all here can see how  its so tough.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-21-2018, 06:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: toughest schedule in the nfl again of all 32 teams. we have the toughesst one. Lets look at some facts here about our oppents this upcomeing season.

@Giants Super Bowl winning qb who beat pats twice in SB which one time pats were undeafted.

vs tittians swept us last year,and jags are 0-5 last 5 games with TC being a Jaguar.

vs Jets thier rb powel,or who ever is thier rb has beaten us serveal times by himself includeing game last season.

@chiefs they have one of the top HCS in NFL until playofftime with Andy Reed,and Kanas is a tough place to play at.

@cowboys hurns will be out to show jags they shouldn't of let him go,espailley with dez gone.

Vs texans they have j.jwatt clownlly,a very strong defense plus a winning qb who won a nationtial tittle in college.

vs steelers no matter were they play these 2 teams always play each other tough.

@tittians again they swept us last year,and jags are 0-5 last 5 games with TC as a Jaguar.

@texans again they have jj. watt,clowny,a strong defense plus a tittle winning qb with watson. he won national tittle in college.

I'm not saying we can't win any of these games at all right now,nor am i sayign we will win them. all im doing is pointing out why we have the toughest Schedule in all of the nfl.  

others think its easy,espailley medeia people. as usal we got the toughest one,and now you all here can see how  its so tough.
You have got to be trolling.

(04-21-2018, 06:44 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: toughest schedule in the nfl again of all 32 teams. we have the toughesst one. Lets look at some facts here about our oppents this upcomeing season.

We have like the 10th easiest schedule this year Wolfie, and its actually laid out pretty well for us.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-19-2018, 08:17 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:11 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Monday Night Football snubbed us as usual. How in the world does Tennessee Titans get free Prime Time games over us as a franchise?

What you mean about all things considered?

Titans gonna whoop some [BLEEP] this season thats why
Now let's try to leave their wives out of it. That may lead to divorce, and then they would just be cousins. That would make the family reunions awkward. You don't want a ex wife slash cousin busting up the meth lab now do you?
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 11:56 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(04-21-2018, 10:30 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:17 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Titans gonna whoop some [BLEEP] this season thats why
Now let's try to leave their wives out of it. That may lead to divorce, and then they would just be cousins. That would make the family reunions awkward. You don't want a ex wife slash cousin busting up the meth lab now do you?

Funny stuff right here. Especially knowing how backwoods them backwoods in florida are. Lol
Whatever makes you feel better.

Just because the tacks sweep the jags every year. Jags still beat some other good teams just not the tacks. Cant win em all

no im not trolling,i been on the board for a long time. Theres no such thing as easy schedule espaillsey for the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-22-2018, 12:53 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no im not trolling,i been on the board for a long time. Theres no such thing as easy schedule espaillsey for the jags.

You have this fascination that the league is out to get us. Look at other first place schedules. Ours isn't bad at all. Especially with having Pitt/NE at home and Philly in London where we perform well.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-22-2018, 08:45 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 12:53 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no im not trolling,i been on the board for a long time. Theres no such thing as easy schedule espaillsey for the jags.

You have this fascination that the league is out to get us. Look at other first place schedules. Ours isn't bad at all. Especially with having Pitt/NE at home and Philly in London where we perform well.

I have very few complaints about the schedule, and the ones I have are minor.  I like our schedule overall.

I know it is early but right now I see New England as vulnerable here.

(04-22-2018, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 08:45 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You have this fascination that the league is out to get us. Look at other first place schedules. Ours isn't bad at all. Especially with having Pitt/NE at home and Philly in London where we perform well.

I have very few complaints about the schedule, and the ones I have are minor.  I like our schedule overall.

I know it is early but right now I see New England as vulnerable here.

Same. I really like having them early, especially with the turmoil they've gone through this offseason
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-21-2018, 10:30 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:17 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Titans gonna whoop some [BLEEP] this season thats why
Now let's try to leave their wives out of it. That may lead to divorce, and then they would just be cousins. That would make the family reunions awkward.

That's gold, Jerry. Gold.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Didn’t you predict a 3-13 season last year?