Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camp Grunt?

Here's a novel idea... why don't we wait and see what is actually installed and sold in the stadium before we get our panties in a wad and head to our safe spaces?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Reading this type of outrage over what some do not understand is disheartening. Not every move the Jags make is going to gain 100% approval, but come on! The North was up for sponsorship and Grunt Style stepped up. The Jags have worked with them for years, Jax is heavily impacted by the military, and the crowds that hang in that area largely fit the demographic that Lamping showed yesterday. Like it or not, the military or connection is a big reason the Jags still exist. Bottom line, if the sponsorship of the North tanks, another will step in. They are short-term sponsorships. Of all the things in life to be outraged over, this falls off the bottom of the scale.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Thumbs Up 

Right on.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

People are outraged about people who don't agree with it. Interesting..

(04-20-2018, 08:40 AM)Brett Wrote: Still a little confused about what this Camp Grunt is for our endzone and why people are upset but I looked up their website and this shirt is awesome. I might want one.

[Image: 19-Feb-2018_3600_Front_WEB_READY_Duuuval...1524147588]

Already own it from the initial presale. Meh quality but like the design.

(04-20-2018, 09:22 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Reading this type of outrage over what some do not understand is disheartening. Not every move the Jags make is going to gain 100% approval, but come on! The North was up for sponsorship and Grunt Style stepped up. The Jags have worked with them for years, Jax is heavily impacted by the military, and the crowds that hang in that area largely fit the demographic that Lamping showed yesterday. Like it or not, the military or connection is a big reason the Jags still exist. Bottom line, if the sponsorship of the North tanks, another will step in. They are short-term sponsorships. Of all the things in life to be outraged over, this falls off the bottom of the scale.

Imagine the nutjobs reaction if they had instead chosen the "South" endzone...

(04-20-2018, 09:20 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/Gruntstyle/status/96...40550?s=19

So they support the police, military and the flag.  We certainly can't have THAT in our stadium now can we.   </sarcasm>

Cool video.  I'll have to follow them now.

The wussification of America and half the world is nearly complete.

Offended? Don't go to the [BLEEP] stadium then.

Buuwwwwwwaaaaa!!! So freaking soft.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-20-2018, 09:28 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:20 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/Gruntstyle/status/96...40550?s=19

So they support the police, military and the flag.  We certainly can't have THAT in our stadium now can we.   </sarcasm>

You seem upset

(04-20-2018, 09:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: People are outraged about people who don't agree with it. Interesting..

One thinks you have no idea the difference between outrage and a hole in the ground.

(04-20-2018, 09:32 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: People are outraged about people who don't agree with it. Interesting..

One thinks you have no idea the difference between outrage and a hole in the ground.

I'm sorry you are "disheartened" by people disagreeing with a branding decision. I didn't think it meant that much to people.

(04-20-2018, 09:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:28 AM)Perkolater Wrote: So they support the police, military and the flag.  We certainly can't have THAT in our stadium now can we.   </sarcasm>

You seem upset

LOL.  Not all all.     I'm laughing at the easily offended.

What's done is done.

Smart business move by the jags tbh.

(04-20-2018, 09:18 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:15 AM)JPK Wrote: I'm sorry, if you equate that with being a "man" you are so far off the mark. Those people aren't patriots, they are sadists.

Nah, brah, you're a snowflake and a classic example of one.

You're frigging offended by a t-shirt. Or offended that a business is allowing another business to pay their business to do business in their building. You're a snowflake.
Nah Brah.......I'm not offended by their tee shirts, believe me. I just feel they are inappropriate to be selling that stuff at the stadium. Shooters, fine. Bullseye, sure but at a football stadium, no.

Of all the different kinds of businesses to associate your business with, this one does not fit with the Jags. AND....I feel they actually represent our military in a almost blood thirsty fashion.

It is inappropriate..... Brah. Really, when you lose you resort to name calling....Brah.

It's a company. A company that pays the Jaguars lots of money to sponsor the themed area of the stadium this season.
We have to try to keep that part in perspective here.

Do I think some of their merchandising slogans show poor taste?  Absolutely.  I also avoid drinking Bud Light at all costs because it's not good beer, but I don't mind their sponsorship.

While I didn't serve - I come from an intensely military family with too many uncles, aunts and cousins to count who are vets or actively serving.  My father included.  This helps me to have a dual perspective here and it's easy for me not to be offended by a few corny t-shirts. I appreciate the intent and concept of the brand yet find find some of the execution of the product and slogans to be awkward and unfortunate. No big deal.

Personally, I think Khan probably agreed to this sponsorship hesitantly and I doubt it lasts beyond the 2018 season.  Just my gut feeling.
I think he is incredibly sincere about honoring veterans and wanting to make them and our active military feel as welcome as possible at the stadium.  I do think he'll try to find a classier way to do it (than Grunt Style sponsorsorship) simply based on his actions and words over the past few years.

[Image: DbK7TqMUwAAW-LO.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 09:28 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Already own it from the initial presale. Meh quality but like the design.

I'm hoping the quality is decent. I may want to order a couple of their other shirts, but just ordered this one for now to judge the quality vs. price.

(04-20-2018, 09:28 AM)Perkolater Wrote:

Ditto.  Good people.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 09:48 AM by RealJagsFan.)

(04-20-2018, 08:43 AM)Last42min Wrote: Unfortunately, in today's age, this is not going to sit well with some fans. I think either this company will need to limit some of their product or the Jags will be forced to  cut ties with them. This could easily become a national story. I'm surprised the Jaguars would partner with them without attempting to cull some of the more "extreme" t-shirts. Three shirts stand out more than the others:

X Lives Matter
#WeAllBleedRed

The fastest way to a man's heart is 2970 ft per second (with an AR-15)

Drain the Swamp: With Presidential Strength

While it could be argued that the first is supposed to be a positive message, it is still a relatively taboo subject. The next is a political hot topic with the Parkland shooting still fresh in everyone's minds. The last is overtly political. The rest (that I saw) are a matter of taste. While, not my style, don't bother me. Imo, you don't want to let personal taste get in the way of sponsors, but you do  want to limit messages that might alienate a part of your fan base. I am all for free speech, but this does not seem like a shrewd business decision by the Jags.

I think they were trying to pacify the "I'm boycotting the NFL because of the kneeling" crowd by partnering with a local veteran owned company. To show that even though Shad locked arms and kneeled with the team, he is still very much pro military. They just removed the tarps so they need to get back as many fans as possible. They could have accomplished the same thing by getting with the wounded warriors project which also sells apparel and for cause. I too believe that this won't last long. Kneeling might be a big deal to the NFL but since then guns have become a bigger topic on the national stage and especially Florida. Hopefully they're smart enough to tailor the apparel they sell in the stadium to the audience. (football fans) From a business standpoint, I say just keep it football.

(04-20-2018, 09:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:32 AM)B2hibry Wrote: One thinks you have no idea the difference between outrage and a hole in the ground.

I'm sorry you are "disheartened" by people disagreeing with a branding decision. I didn't think it meant that much to people.

Honestly, I don’t care if Tampax sponsors it. Whatever generates income and currently fits demographic. By the actions in this thread, my hypothetical might not be far off.