Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camp Grunt?

(04-20-2018, 09:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: People are outraged about people who don't agree with it. Interesting..

lmao.. you call this reaction outraged? I think people are laughing at the guy.. not outraged.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2018, 09:41 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:28 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Already own it from the initial presale. Meh quality but like the design.

I'm hoping the quality is decent. I may want to order a couple of their other shirts, but just ordered this one for now to judge the quality vs. price.

The print is stout, but to me the shirt is too soft. I like the shirt more rugged. Maybe a false sense, but I think the tougher materials last longer. Overall, the price point was spot on.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 09:39 AM)JPK Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:18 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Nah, brah, you're a snowflake and a classic example of one.

You're frigging offended by a t-shirt. Or offended that a business is allowing another business to pay their business to do business in their building. You're a snowflake.
Nah Brah.......I'm not offended by their tee shirts, believe me. I just feel they are inappropriate to be selling that stuff at the stadium. Shooters, fine. Bullseye, sure but at a football stadium, no.

Of all the different kinds of businesses to associate your business with, this one does not fit with the Jags. AND....I feel they actually represent our military in a almost blood thirsty fashion.

It is inappropriate..... Brah. Really, when you lose you resort to name calling....Brah.

Snowflake isn't name calling my friend.

It's just what you are. It's the consistency of your spirit. Your mettle. It's soft. Very soft. There's nothing wrong with it - it just shows your character.

(04-20-2018, 09:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:39 AM)JPK Wrote: Nah Brah.......I'm not offended by their tee shirts, believe me. I just feel they are inappropriate to be selling that stuff at the stadium. Shooters, fine. Bullseye, sure but at a football stadium, no.

Of all the different kinds of businesses to associate your business with, this one does not fit with the Jags. AND....I feel they actually represent our military in a almost blood thirsty fashion.

It is inappropriate..... Brah. Really, when you lose you resort to name calling....Brah.

It's just what you are. It's the consistency of your spirit. Your mettle. It's soft. Very soft. There's nothing wrong with it - it just shows your character.

You've literally just defined the term as an insult  to one's character.  Make up your mind. 
Surely you can find a way to discuss the topic without resorting to the "snowflake" bit, no? 
Please, try to do so.

(04-20-2018, 09:50 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:41 AM)Perkolater Wrote: I'm hoping the quality is decent. I may want to order a couple of their other shirts, but just ordered this one for now to judge the quality vs. price.

The print is stout, but to me the shirt is too soft. I like the shirt more rugged. Maybe a false sense, but I think the tougher materials last longer. Overall, the price point was spot on.

Cool.  Thanks!

(04-20-2018, 09:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:38 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'm sorry you are "disheartened" by people disagreeing with a branding decision. I didn't think it meant that much to people.

Honestly, I don’t care if Tampax sponsors it. Whatever generates income and currently fits demographic. By the actions in this thread, my hypothetical might not be far off.

This sounded funnier in your head. I admire the effort though. 4/10.

A golf simulator to play for prizes or redemption points would be cool.

Fire away.

It seems that the selling of patriotism is as old as patriotism itself.

Whatever the public will buy and pay for.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(04-20-2018, 09:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:39 AM)JPK Wrote: Nah Brah.......I'm not offended by their tee shirts, believe me. I just feel they are inappropriate to be selling that stuff at the stadium. Shooters, fine. Bullseye, sure but at a football stadium, no.

Brah.....You are seriously disturbed.

(04-20-2018, 09:18 AM)Perkolater Wrote: Here's a novel idea... why don't we wait and see what is actually installed and sold in the stadium before we get our panties in a wad and head to our safe spaces?

Exactly.  After watching the presentation I don't see what all the fuss is about.  As for Grunt Styles products, don't like them, don't buy them.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I love that the Jags pay respect to the military during the games. At some point it becomes so over the top that it feels more like satire.

(04-20-2018, 10:47 AM)JPK Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Snowflake isn't name calling my friend.

Brah.....You are seriously disturbed.

Never been in a physical altercation in all your coddled life, right?

(04-20-2018, 09:10 AM)pirkster Wrote: Many young "men" have unfortunately become beta soy.

T is so low our species is at risk.

The definition of a soy boy per urban dictionary:

Soy Boyunknown
A modern effeminate male, typically a millennial. A self-described feminist-leftist who majored in Social Justice Studies, Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, Theater, Dance or any other range of useless college degree fields. Shows fear and revulsion at the sight of masculine men. Usually appears in public wearing flannel, skinny jeans often of a short length to resemble Capri pants. May have dyed hair and a beard that he spends at least a half hour each morning grooming. Urinates standing up in a stall in the men's room rather than at the urinal. Has a penchant for expensive Starbucks flavored drinks with soy milk and flavored craft beer. Likely a vegan or vegetarian. Raised by dominant man-hating feminist mother either without a father or with a cuckold henpecked man for a father. May own a car, likely a Toyota Prius or Nissan Cube, but has no concept of how to open the hood or change a tire. More likely rides a fixed gear bike. Completely lacking in any mechanical skills and proud of that fact. May spends hours or days gaming in his mother's basement. Offers nothing to society.
Ex. The soy boy is crying since they ran out of pumpkin spiced lattes.

(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)JPK Wrote: This is a football stadium. The game of football is played in it, ok? What does the presence of this vendor have to do with promoting the game and enjoyment of the game? What is so hard to understand? To be honest, I find it obscene to have this vendor at a football stadium. There are little kids around. Why don't they open a store at St. John's Town Center, maybe next to the Apple Store or maybe Toys R Us? But, I'm just voicing my opinion. If you like their overpriced crap go spend your money on it. I think the Jags stepped in it with this partnership.

And for those that think this is a political thing they are wrong. I support the 2nd. I just think there are places that are appropriate for different subject matters. What if the Bud Zone became a topless club. There are some people that would like that. Would it be appropriate, no. Not at a football stadium.

You may have just inadvertently had a stroke of genius with that Budzone turning into the Boobzone idea.

Please knock it off guys so this thread doesn't have to be locked or moved to the political forum.
Thanks!

(04-20-2018, 10:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:47 AM)JPK Wrote: Brah.....You are seriously disturbed.

Brah....go find an inanimate object to hit or go to the range and empty a few mags. Sounds to me you had a loveless upbringing, an orphan perhaps and have deep resentment for people that find life is more enjoyable when you don't have anger issues. A 9mm in your waistband doesn't make you a man. It makes you a paranoid.

(04-20-2018, 10:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:47 AM)JPK Wrote: Brah.....You are seriously disturbed.

(04-20-2018, 11:09 AM)JPK Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Never been in a physical altercation in all your coddled life, right?
Brah....go find an inanimate object to hit or go to the range and empty a few mags. Sounds to me you had a loveless upbringing, an orphan perhaps and have deep resentment for people that find life is more enjoyable when you don't have anger issues. A 9mm in your waistband doesn't make you a man. It makes you a paranoid.

Final friendly reminder to stay on topic before warnings are issued.
Let's just abandon this disagreement and let the thread move forward, please.

(04-20-2018, 11:02 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 08:55 AM)JPK Wrote: This is a football stadium. The game of football is played in it, ok? What does the presence of this vendor have to do with promoting the game and enjoyment of the game? What is so hard to understand? To be honest, I find it obscene to have this vendor at a football stadium. There are little kids around. Why don't they open a store at St. John's Town Center, maybe next to the Apple Store or maybe Toys R Us? But, I'm just voicing my opinion. If you like their overpriced crap go spend your money on it. I think the Jags stepped in it with this partnership.

And for those that think this is a political thing they are wrong. I support the 2nd. I just think there are places that are appropriate for different subject matters. What if the Bud Zone became a topless club. There are some people that would like that. Would it be appropriate, no. Not at a football stadium.

You may have just inadvertently had a stroke of genius with that Budzone turning into the Boobzone idea.

I'm all for this!!   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-20-2018, 11:14 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:02 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You may have just inadvertently had a stroke of genius with that Budzone turning into the Boobzone idea.

I'm all for this!!   Banana

I thought this was the purpose of the pools. But then again, some of the boobs belong to guys.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 11:25 AM by JPK.)

Ok with me. My original comment was whether or not the north end zone's new vendor will be selling appropriate products for a football game. Intelligent comments welcomed. If Mr. Kahn thinks it's ok, fine. It's his money and team but the city, hence the taxpayer, owns the stadium where they play their game.