Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Camp Grunt?

(04-20-2018, 11:20 AM)JPK Wrote: Ok with me. My original comment was whether or not the north end zone's new vendor will be selling appropriate products for a football game. Intelligent comments welcomed.  If Mr. Kahn thinks it's ok, fine. It's his money and team but the city, hense the taxpayer, owns the stadium where they play their game.

I have some confidence that the Jags organization will be carefully vetting the merch and activities within the new themed area.  

Given the controversy last season and a few of the brand's items/slogans that some may deem of poor taste -- it makes sense that the team would protect its interests by taking actions to prevent misrepresentation of the team's spirit by a sponsor within the stadium.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe it was meant to placate the most conservative fans. I know fans who stopped attending Jaguar games last year after players knelt here. Is Grunt going to get them back in the stadium? We shall see.

I do think a lot of the Grunt t-shirts are in poor taste or inadvertently put the military in a bad light. But then I'm a lot more conservative than most military folks and not steeped in their culture, so perhaps I don't always get the joke.

I thought for sure we already tried that, and it went (belly) up...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4vs_5v5siLclLmlBKt27...1jVBc54wmE]

Didn't the Clevelander end up being a steamer?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-20-2018, 11:29 AM)pirkster Wrote: I thought for sure we already tried that, and it went (belly) up...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4vs_5v5siLclLmlBKt27...1jVBc54wmE]

Didn't the Clevelander end up being a steamer?
I thought of this right away during the SOTF thing yesterday when the new sponsor came up. 

Seems like another one year wonder endzone deck to me. Just targeting a different demographic. 

I have faith in the Jags to manage it well and move on in 2019 if it either fails or stirs enough negative controversy to impact revenue.

(04-20-2018, 11:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:20 AM)JPK Wrote: Ok with me. My original comment was whether or not the north end zone's new vendor will be selling appropriate products for a football game. Intelligent comments welcomed.  If Mr. Kahn thinks it's ok, fine. It's his money and team but the city, hense the taxpayer, owns the stadium where they play their game.

I have some confidence that the Jags organization will be carefully vetting the merch and activities within the new themed area.  

Given the controversy last season and a few of the brand's items/slogans that some may deem of poor taste -- it makes sense that the team would protect its interests by taking actions to prevent misrepresentation of the team's spirit by a sponsor within the stadium.
I would hope so. However, just on the face of it, it appears to me there was a rush to get the cash with little in the way of vetting of this vendor and their products.

I have questions re: this vendor. Is this vendor now associated with any other teams? Are we the first? Have they applied to other owners to sell their products at their stadiums? Have they been turned down? If they have, who did? I for one would like to know more.

(04-20-2018, 11:36 AM)JPK Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have some confidence that the Jags organization will be carefully vetting the merch and activities within the new themed area.  

I would hope so. However, just on the face of it, it appears to me there was a rush to get the cash with little in the way of vetting of this vendor and their products.

I have questions re: this vendor. Is this vendor now associated with any other teams? Are we the first? Have they applied to other owners to sell their products at their stadiums? Have they been turned down? If they have, who did? I for one would like to know more.

The bolded is nothing more than a blind assumption. What evidence to you have to suggest this? 
If I were to venture a guess as to the selection of the sponsor, I'd say it was more of a calculated choice to rebuild bridges damaged by the kneeling controversy last season. Absolutely nothing Lamping does with this organization comes off as rushed or haphazard to me. 

I'm sure if the brand affiliation proves to be more divisive than Khan would like among his fans and potential fans, he will simply make a move to distance the Jags from the brand within the agreed upon terms of contract. 
I have a feeling it won't amount to much as long as the "in-stadium" merch and activities are properly managed.

What does David Hogg think?

And...

I find Taylor Swift's silence on the issue deafening.

(04-20-2018, 08:49 AM)Brett Wrote: So if I'm understanding right, the Jaguars are partnering with this apparel company to create an environment on one of the stadium ends? I guess I'm still a little lost as to what kind of environment this will be and why it's upsetting people?

(04-20-2018, 08:47 AM)rfc17 Wrote: The business risk is the politics.  Anything overtly patriotic is an act of aggression for some.  That particular shirt you referenced is harmless but some of the other shirts may turn people off.  For example the one referenced above where the US flag is filled out with bullets.  That smacks of political rhetoric in a time when the gun debate has been ramped up more than usual.

Even something as silly as the Gadsen Rattlers shirt will turn off people.  I think that one is harmless and kinda fun.  I'd probably wear that on 4th of july.  But again, for some, wearing that shirt is a political statement.

Ok thanks, I understand that part now. So how exactly are we partnering with them? Creating what kind of environment in the endzone? Like selling their shirts or something?

Why is it upsetting people?
Because nowadays everyone has to be upset about something.

Selling shirts with guns on them certainly will trigger some people.
And then there are those in the anti-war/anti-military type crowd.
And then there are those who just love to complain about anything.

Here's an idea for folks. Not into that clothing? Don't shop there.
If you sit in that EZ and think that you're magically gonna be surrounded by gun-toting ignorant violent racist folks... well you have a reality problem.

I swear... from the jerseys to the schedule to this... this board and the internet is full of some of the worst whiny lil twit Jaguar fans I've ever seen.
Good thing the internet really only represents a slim % of actual people.

(04-20-2018, 11:54 AM)pirkster Wrote: What does David Hogg think?

And...

I tried. 

Thread moved to political forum.

And...

The David Hogg thing is pretty tasteless and what does that have to do with tasteless tee shirt sales?

(04-20-2018, 11:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:36 AM)JPK Wrote: I would hope so. However, just on the face of it, it appears to me there was a rush to get the cash with little in the way of vetting of this vendor and their products.

The bolded is nothing more than a blind assumption. What evidence to you have to suggest this? 
If I were to venture a guess as to the selection of the sponsor, I'd say it was more of a calculated choice to rebuild bridges damaged by the kneeling controversy last season. Absolutely nothing Lamping does with this organization comes off as rushed or haphazard to me. 

I'm sure if the brand affiliation proves to be more divisive than Khan would like among his fans and potential fans, he will simply make a move to distance the Jags from the brand within the agreed upon terms of contract. 
I have a feeling it won't amount to much as long as the "in-stadium" merch and activities are properly managed.
This. It's deserves a repeat... If you watched the SOTF, the decision was certainly calculated based on the statistics. They are attempting to speak to it's largest "financial" supporter. As was said, it may fizzle out and they'll bring in another sponsor. I'd be willing to bet most of the ear piercing disagreement with the direction of the NEZ is being made by those that have not and probably never will be hanging out up there anyways.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:18 PM by Kane.)

(04-20-2018, 12:04 PM)JPK Wrote:

And...

The David Hogg thing is pretty tasteless and what does that have to do with tasteless tee shirt sales?

"Tasteless" is an opinion.

I find nothing wrong with the shirts.
(Or pirks funny comment)

(04-20-2018, 12:05 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bolded is nothing more than a blind assumption. What evidence to you have to suggest this? 

This. It's deserves a repeat... If you watched the SOTF, the decision was certainly calculated based on the statistics. They are attempting to speak to it's largest "financial" supporter. As was said, it may fizzle out and they'll bring in another sponsor. I'd be willing to bet most of the ear piercing disagreement with the direction of the NEZ is being made by those that have not and probably never will be hanging out up there anyways.

Or kneelers. Kap leg humpers. Triggered snowflakes....

Glad the thread was moved so I could reply appropriately lol

(04-20-2018, 12:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I tried. 

I missed the over/under by 4 minutes!!!!  Pretty solid!

The past few years it was an area sponsored by a online gambling company, was that totally obscene as well?
Oh my, the horror recovering gambler-holics must have felt at each visit to the stadium.

Before that The Clevleander, scantily clad smoking hot women dancing around, again seen as obscene/offensive by some folks. I think there are a few in this thread that probably also pissed and moaned about the hot chicks wiggling around as well.

I say again...Buwwwwaaaaaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Apologies... the bellyaching is just too laughable to take seriously.

(04-20-2018, 12:21 PM)pirkster Wrote: Apologies... the bellyaching is just too laughable to take seriously.

Eh... from the first few posts you could tell this thread was headed here 
not your fault lol

(04-20-2018, 12:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

LOL

Yeah. It doesn't really matter to me if the thread stays in the home team forum, but I guess I naively thought the topic could be discussed without the injection of personal politics and hot-button-divisive topic mentions.   Be they clever, humorous, or otherwise.  I was wrong.

(04-20-2018, 12:21 PM)pirkster Wrote: Apologies... the bellyaching is just too laughable to take seriously.

No worries. Not the first thread, certainly not the last to migrate. If it weren't you sealing the deal, it would have been another.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM by B2hibry.)

(04-20-2018, 10:14 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 09:46 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Honestly, I don’t care if Tampax sponsors it. Whatever generates income and currently fits demographic. By the actions in this thread, my hypothetical might not be far off.

This sounded funnier in your head. I admire the effort though. 4/10.
Cool. I appreciate the feedback.

(04-20-2018, 12:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

There should be an automatic poll generated with each post that gives over/under choices for how long before some random political grenade gets thrown into the mix. I mean, this time it wasn't even a clever twist...just boom!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

As stated above, if you watched the SOTF, especially the part about the percentage of the market here having ties to the military and how that percentage compares to other markets you would immediately understand why this particular vendor was chosen. It wasn't a rush job. It was clearly calculated. As that area has gotten a different sponsor every year or two I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a one year deal.

They were a sponsor last season as well. Just not "the" sponsor of the end zone.

It's quite obvious some would prefer the sjws to steal their earned spotlight from them to appropriate that platform for their own personal desires.

I'm fairly certain this will be a no kneel zone.