Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the Most Irreplaceable Player on this Team?

(04-23-2018, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 05:42 PM)haveaseat Wrote: It's easily Fournette and it's not even close.

The Jags have already won multiple games without him since he was drafted.

It's just not that we went 3-0 without LF, but we looked dare I say better without him. The offense became much less predictable, the personnel was much more balanced, Blake's efficiency went up, and our yards per carry even went up. Obvious SSS injection, but I think we'd be just fine if LF goes down again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We absolutely can't lose Dexter McDougle or Colin Holba.  These guys cannot be replaced easily.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

1. Bortles
2. Fournette
3. Ramsey
4. Cambell
5. Smith
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Offense - Bortles
Defense - Telvin Smith

If you are just considering this season:

Bortles
Ramsey
Campbell
Bouye

From a long term viewpoint:

Ramsey
Ngakoue
Robinson
Jack

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I'll say Ngakoue.

I got him over Ramsey since afterall we still have Bouye. 

'02

Important:
1. Bortles
2. Calais
3. Ramsey
4 Ngakoue
5 Norwell

Irreplaceable (aka an unreal talent)
1. Ramsey
2. Ngakoue
3. Bouye
4. Telvin
5. Norwell

Do people see the difference between important and irreplaceable or is it still a problem?

Not to be "that guy", but this feels like one of those things in High School where you had to pick who to throw off the boat. Just feels like a morbid discussion.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

This is a tough one... other than the QB, i'd say its gotta be Calais for his presence and leadership, he made the difference for us last year

(04-23-2018, 01:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 12:57 PM)wrong_box Wrote: The Jaguars looked in Fa, cousins was too expensive and not much of an upgrade, Breeze wasn't going to leave the Saints, there really wasn't a clear upgrade...If you NEED to replace Bortles due to injury, the draft isn't going to help except for the following year, finding an upgrade to Bortles that is at home sitting on his couch waiting for his phone to ring, is probably not going to be much help, Kessler will have to throw too...IDK why people just say oh he can handoff just fine when you know we can't do it every single play...There were many times last year we had to pass because we couldn't move the ball on the ground, so whoever would take Bortles place would have to throw quite a bit...After the draft, and after the season started, who would you replace Bortles with due to injury  (since he's easily replaced)?
They may not be cost friendly, but they are options. Name a single option from FA or draft that could replace Ramsey? Can't. Only Rhodes , Peterson, and maybe Lattimore can do what Ramsey can. Again... Blake is the most important. Just like Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, and AJ McCarron are. Are they irreplaceable just because they are the current #1 QB? No. They are not lol. Likely to be "replaced" in the draft, and if not.. guess what? They are the most important player on their teams for success.  QBs that are irreplaceable are guys like Rodgers. You ain't replacing that man. When week 1 starts and Bortles goes down ofcourse he can't be replaced as that point. My point is given an off-season to do so.. he could have been.. expensive options in FA or draft... they are still options. Ramsey is a generational talent. That's just a fact.

cost friendly or not, there was no clear upgrade...there are plenty of options, but all of lesser qualty

Corey Grant.

Josh Lambo
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]