Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the Most Irreplaceable Player on this Team?

Blake
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles easily. You throw a rookie QB in there with that gauntlet schedule and you can forget about the playoffs this year.

(04-20-2018, 08:17 PM)Rooster Wrote: Bortles easily.  You throw a rookie QB in there with that gauntlet schedule and you can forget about the playoffs this year.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Yeah i think a rookie would have mistakes but handing the ball off and play action a rookie cant do that???
No Fun

If the answer to this question is not, almost automatically, quarterback; you have either a very talented backup, or a not overly talented starter.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-20-2018, 09:22 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Yeah i think a rookie would have mistakes but handing the ball off and play action a rookie cant do that???

Blake Bortles had a good season last year and yet, you underestimated it like he was Trent Dilfer.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Bortles is probably one of the easiest replaceable players on this roster. He is very important for the success of the team this upcoming season... probably the most important, but had the Jags prepared to "replace" him at the start of the offseason... yeah that's not an issue. There still could be a plan in place in the draft anyways. Irreplaceable players are all pros. Someone who is in the top 3 of their position in the league. That'd be Ramsey. There is no way he could be replaced.

(04-20-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bortles is probably one of the easiest replaceable players on this roster. He is very important for the success of the team this upcoming season... probably the most important, but had the Jags prepared to "replace" him at the start of the offseason... yeah that's not an issue. There still could be a plan in place in the draft anyways. Irreplaceable players are all pros. Someone who is in the top 3 of their position in the league. That'd be Ramsey. There is no way he could be replaced.

Long term Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player.  But if you throw Rudolph or Jackson out there against Philly, New England, Pittsburgh, KC, Houston and Tacks twice we don't make the playoffs this year.

I presumed QB was off limits for this discussion. Otherwise it would be Blake yeah.

All of this is predraft of course but IMO, saying Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player couldn't be more wrong. You currently have arguably the 2 of the best 5 corners in football on the Jags. How many other teams can say that? Most have 1 really good corner, and the other guy. If Ramsey goes down, Bouye steps in and you still have a player at a top 5 level. Whereas if Fournette goes down, who do you have, TJ Yeldon or Corey Grant? That is a huge drop off and there goes the running game. Of course there may be a really good RB drafted to take some of the pressure off of Fournette so that priority moves down. IMO the most irreplaceable player at the moment is Fournette followed by Bortles but I think Kessler might not be as bad as some might think. If Rudolph is there at 29 that is who I hope we take.

(04-20-2018, 11:30 PM)Rooster Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bortles is probably one of the easiest replaceable players on this roster. He is very important for the success of the team this upcoming season... probably the most important, but had the Jags prepared to "replace" him at the start of the offseason... yeah that's not an issue. There still could be a plan in place in the draft anyways. Irreplaceable players are all pros. Someone who is in the top 3 of their position in the league. That'd be Ramsey. There is no way he could be replaced.

Long term Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player.  But if you throw Rudolph or Jackson out there against Philly, New England, Pittsburgh, KC, Houston and Tacks twice we don't make the playoffs this year.
That's not the point of what I said. Is Blake the most important player for the Jags in term of success? Absolutely he is. Every single team in the NFL, the most important player is the QB. No matter what. Is Blake replaceable? Absolutely he is. If there was a plan at the start of the offseason to replace him, there was options. Then lets look at Jalen. There wasn't a single option on the playing field of Ramsey. Only other option in the league is Rhodes. As for QB, there are also still options in the draft to do so. Point is, important doesn't equal irreplaceable. Those are two way different things to me. Not a knock on Blake, just IMO there are a number of QBs who could be asked to do the same thing Blake is and have success. I can't name more than 3 CBs who are on Ramsey's level.

(04-20-2018, 11:57 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: All of this is predraft of course but IMO, saying Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player couldn't be more wrong. You currently have arguably the 2 of the best 5 corners in football on the Jags. How many other teams can say that? Most have 1 really good corner, and the other guy. If Ramsey goes down, Bouye steps in and you still have a player at a top 5 level...

Yeah, I see your point, but what's the depth at CB?  What's the depth at RB?  The drop at CB is much steeper. Especially with the assumed O-Line improvement aiding the RB corps. 

Having to depend on Yeldon and Grant to run behind Robinson, Norwell, Linder and Parnell is much less scary than the thought of Hayden/Myrick/Patmon having to defend Hopkins, T. Hill, Jeffrey, OBJ, etc. 

You need more than one good CB.

(04-21-2018, 01:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:57 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: All of this is predraft of course but IMO, saying Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player couldn't be more wrong. You currently have arguably the 2 of the best 5 corners in football on the Jags. How many other teams can say that? Most have 1 really good corner, and the other guy. If Ramsey goes down, Bouye steps in and you still have a player at a top 5 level...

Yeah, I see your point, but what's the depth at CB?  What's the depth at RB?  The drop at CB is much steeper. Especially with the assumed O-Line improvement aiding the RB corps. 

Having to depend on Yeldon and Grant to run behind Robinson, Norwell, Linder and Parnell is much less scary than the thought of Hayden/Myrick/Patmon having to defend Hopkins, T. Hill, Jeffrey, OBJ, etc. 

Hopkins, T. Hill, Jeffrey, OBJ, etc. will be covered by Bouye, Hayden/Myrick/Patmon would get the #2 guy. Plus, you still have a pass rush and speedy LB's on the D. You lose Fournette and that running game has gone from one of the best in the league to average at best even with that line, IMO.

Bortles for sure, because it's so hard to replace a QB, simply because they are so hard to find, and so overdrafted, and bust so often.

Other than Bortles, the straw that stirs the drink is Jalen Ramsey. It's the combination of talent, attitude, and the general feeling you get when he's on the field. Everything on our defense seems to flow out of the fact that we have this incredible CB (not to slight Bouye, he's great too).

(04-20-2018, 11:30 PM)Rooster Wrote:

I think Rudolph would be fine

I’m surprised more people didn’t mention Campbell. His leadership and skill set establishes the tone for the defense, in my opinion.

The QB for sure.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-21-2018, 07:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m surprised more people didn’t mention Campbell. His leadership and skill set establishes the tone for the defense, in my opinion.

^This.

Ramsey is #1 on my list, but Campbell is a close second.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-21-2018, 03:16 AM)JagswinJagswin Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 01:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, I see your point, but what's the depth at CB?  What's the depth at RB?  The drop at CB is much steeper. Especially with the assumed O-Line improvement aiding the RB corps. 

Hopkins, T. Hill, Jeffrey, OBJ, etc. will be covered by Bouye, Hayden/Myrick/Patmon would get the #2 guy. Plus, you still have a pass rush and speedy LB's on the D. You lose Fournette and that running game has gone from one of the best in the league to average at best even with that line, IMO.

IMO, I think you underestimate the impact corner has on the D overall, especially those ends and “speedy linebackers”. Just look back a few years ago and you cannot deny the importance and chain reaction effects of the CB position. As far as RB, if we are honest, each is interchangeable as far as production. I’d rather Fournette but the others were just as, if not more productive when he was absent. I think we sometimes equate total yards with impact but that is more a result of how many times we forcefully ran the ball.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 09:32 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(04-20-2018, 11:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: I presumed QB was off limits for this discussion. Otherwise it would be Blake yeah.

This was my thought. Blake was great when we needed him to be last year. 

A rookie qb isn't taking any team to the SB, let alone the playoffs. Let's stop kidding ourselves. Its happened what 10 times ever? And they never do well if they get there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS