Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the Most Irreplaceable Player on this Team?

(04-21-2018, 06:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 11:30 PM)Rooster Wrote: Long term Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player.  But if you throw Rudolph or Jackson out there against Philly, New England, Pittsburgh, KC, Houston and Tacks twice we don't make the playoffs this year.
I think Rudolph would be fine

Totally agree. We might even be better in the short term. I know we probably would in the long term.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2018, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 06:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Rudolph would be fine

Totally agree. We might even be better in the short term. I know we probably would in the long term
You don't know that because rookie qb can bust as well. Therefore, so having fly optimism because of your dissatisfaction with Blake is irresponsible when evaluating what's best for this team.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 10:08 AM by Upper.)

(04-20-2018, 11:57 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: All of this is predraft of course but IMO, saying Ramsey is the most irreplaceable player couldn't be more wrong. You currently have arguably the 2 of the best 5 corners in football on the Jags. How many other teams can say that? Most have 1 really good corner, and the other guy. If Ramsey goes down, Bouye steps in and you still have a player at a top 5 level. Whereas if Fournette goes down, who do you have, TJ Yeldon or Corey Grant? That is a huge drop off and there goes the running game. Of course there may be a really good RB drafted to take some of the pressure off of Fournette so that priority moves down. IMO the most irreplaceable player at the moment is Fournette followed by Bortles but I think Kessler might not be as bad as some might think. If Rudolph is there at 29 that is who I hope we take.

Thing is, we saw what happened when Fournette went down last year. We went 3-0 and our offensive efficiency went up across the board.

My answer is Ramsey followed closely by Bouye. We can reasonably cover for anyone else being hurt for a time, but either of those guys go down and it's going to be exploited like mad.

As good as Telvin Smith is, WLB might be the most replaceable position on offense or defense.

I'd have to go with Yannick or Jalen.

(04-21-2018, 10:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 09:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Totally agree. We might even be better in the short term. I know we probably would in the long term
You don't know that because rookie qb can bust as well. Therefore, so having fly optimism because of your dissatisfaction with Blake is irresponsible when evaluating what's best for this team.

I have watched Mason Rudolph extensively and I have confidence in my evaluation of him. Isn't that what teams do when the look to fill a need?

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018, 11:52 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-22-2018, 07:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: You don't know that because rookie qb can bust as well. Therefore, so having fly optimism because of your dissatisfaction with Blake is irresponsible when evaluating what's best for this team.

I have watched Mason Rudolph extensively and I have confidence in my evaluation of him. Isn't that what teams do when the look to fill a need?

I agree with you but I guess I don't consider quarterback as a need like you. Can the quarterback position on our team be upgraded? Yes but you can say that about a lot of franchises because unless a team has Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees or Russell Wilson then all of the other quarterbacks I did not mention can use an upgrade as well. However, I do think Blake Bortles is good enough to win with and many other teams would wish to have a quarterback that's good enough to men with as well.

(04-22-2018, 07:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 10:01 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: You don't know that because rookie qb can bust as well. Therefore, so having fly optimism because of your dissatisfaction with Blake is irresponsible when evaluating what's best for this team.

Odds say that 1 maybe 2 of these QBs become better than average QBs.  People that think Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson and Rudolph are all going to be studs are delusional.  You think Rudolph is going to be the one that makes it?  I hope TC and Dave don't take that gamble and mess with the chemistry the team built last year.  If they pick a QB at 29 there will be distraction all year over who should be playing and we'll be looking up in the standings at the tinhorns and tacks in the end.

I am so tired of hearing about Mason Rudolph. We already have a QB... and we already have a backup QB. We are Super Bowl contenders NOW. We need players that can contribute this year!

(04-22-2018, 08:55 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I am so tired of hearing about Mason Rudolph. We already have a QB... and we already have a backup QB. We are Super Bowl contenders NOW. We need players that can contribute this year!

Didn't you hear? Mason Rudolph is the one rookie QB ever who will win a SB
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-20-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bortles is probably one of the easiest replaceable players on this roster. He is very important for the success of the team this upcoming season... probably the most important, but had the Jags prepared to "replace" him at the start of the offseason... yeah that's not an issue. There still could be a plan in place in the draft anyways. Irreplaceable players are all pros. Someone who is in the top 3 of their position in the league. That'd be Ramsey. There is no way he could be replaced.

ok then...lets say quarter 1 first game of the year, Bortles has a season ending injury who will you replace him with? Granted we are a run first team, but we are not a run only team...We will have to pass fairly often in every game...The reason we still have Bortles is that there wasn't an upgrade available

(04-22-2018, 08:55 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I am so tired of hearing about Mason Rudolph. We already have a QB... and we already have a backup QB. We are Super Bowl contenders NOW. We need players that can contribute this year!

Yup, It's because there's people who think he'll be at 29, when he'll probably go top 15

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 05:42 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-22-2018, 09:42 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bortles is probably one of the easiest replaceable players on this roster. He is very important for the success of the team this upcoming season... probably the most important, but had the Jags prepared to "replace" him at the start of the offseason... yeah that's not an issue. There still could be a plan in place in the draft anyways. Irreplaceable players are all pros. Someone who is in the top 3 of their position in the league. That'd be Ramsey. There is no way he could be replaced.

ok then...lets say quarter 1 first game of the year, Bortles has a season ending injury who will you replace him with? Granted we are a run first team, but we are not a run only team...We will have to pass fairly often in every game...The reason we still have Bortles is that there wasn't an upgrade available

It's easy to forget that Blake Bortles has 511 pass attempts last year which was 11th in the NFL overall. Yes we are a run-first team but we only ran the ball 523 times so it made our offense well-balanced big picture.

(04-22-2018, 10:44 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 09:42 PM)wrong_box Wrote: ok then...lets say quarter 1 first game of the year, Bortles has a season ending injury who will you replace him with? Granted we are a run first team, but we are not a run only team...We will have to pass fairly often in every game...The reason we still have Bortles is that there wasn't an upgrade available

People fail to forget
that Blake Bortles has 511 pass attempts last year which was 11th in the NFL overall. Yes we are a run-first team but we only ran the ball 523 times so it made our offense well-balanced big picture.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 06:08 AM by leopold332002.)

(04-22-2018, 11:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 10:44 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
People fail to forget
that Blake Bortles has 511 pass attempts last year which was 11th in the NFL overall. Yes we are a run-first team but we only ran the ball 523 times so it made our offense well-balanced big picture.

Was that necessary? However, I made the necessary adjustments to my last post so I hope it makes your satisfaction sir because the last thing I want or deserve is the moderator to be constantly ridiculing me.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2018, 11:47 PM by D6.)

This is a more difficult question regarding the Jaguars than it would be for most NFL teams.

At this time, I think it's Blake Bortles because of the combination of the position and the drop-off to Cody Kessler. If the Jaguars draft a QB who makes good progress leading up to the regular season, then I probably would go with Jalen Ramsey.

(04-22-2018, 09:42 PM)wrong_box Wrote:

I'm not saying first quarter. Again, QB is the most important position for EVERY single team.  Important doesn't mean replaceable. There were options in FA and there's options in the draft to replace Bortles. There's only a couple CBs in the world on Ramsey's stratosphere. Ramsey is irreplaceable. No options can be had to replace him. Only options would require absurd compensation. TBH, Kessler can probably do Bortles job just fine. Hand off the ball and run RPO. Yeah... totally irreplaceable...

(04-22-2018, 11:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 11:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Was that necessary? However, I made the necessary adjustments to my last post so I hope it makes your satisfaction sir because the last thing I want or deserve is the moderator to be constantly ridiculing me.

This is the internet pal. Everything is necessary
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-22-2018, 11:50 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 07:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have watched Mason Rudolph extensively and I have confidence in my evaluation of him. Isn't that what teams do when the look to fill a need?

I agree with you but I guess I don't consider quarterback as a need like you. Can the quarterback position on our team be upgraded? Yes but you can say that about a lot of franchises because unless a team has Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees or Russell Wilson then all of the other quarterbacks I did not mention can use an upgrade as well. However, I do think Blake Bortles is good enough to win with and many other teams would wish to have a quarterback that's good enough to men with as well.

Is Blake Bortles good enough to win with? yes. Is Blake Bortles good enough to win a Superbowl with. No. I just want someone who gives us a chance at a championship and I don't believe that is Bortles. I believe he is good enough to get us to the playoffs (obviously), but I don't wanna just be a playoff team. I want a championship and to me, Bortles is the equivalent of Andy Dalton.

(04-22-2018, 11:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 11:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

It's just a joke. Lighten up and laugh at yourself for a second when you type something silly like that. It will be OK. 
I'm not ridiculing you. I'm just having a chuckle. 

BTW - I'm on record saying that Bortles may be tough to replace in 2018 in this thread. Maybe not "the toughest to replace" but tough. I've also informed other posters numerous times in various threads about his pass attempt numbers when they diminish his contribution in 2017. So - I'm kind-of on your side a bit here.

Ramsey Bortles Telvin in no specific order. Must have all 3 in order for this team to compete for a Super Bowl.