Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My MOCK draft

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 01:09 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

Let’s get into it 

Round 1: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina 
Round 2: Billy Price OG/C Ohio State 
Round 3: Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF
Round 4: Kalen Ballage RB Arizona St
Round 6: Parry Nickerson CB Tulane  
Round 7: Kurt Benkert QB Virginia  
Round 7: Antonio Callaway WR Florida  

I usually do a couple of mocks each year. This is my first and maybe last this year. Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 01:28 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-21-2018, 01:03 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Let’s get into it 

I usually do a couple of mocks each year. This is my first and maybe last this year. Thoughts?
I love the first three picks, though somehow I think the positional order will end up being reversed (OL in first round and TE in the 2nd).

Not too crazy about the Ballage pick, but since he would be drafted to back up Fournette, I guess that might work.

I would be very reluctant to bring Callaway aboard.  I think we have a good locker room right now, and I would not want it disrupted.  So far, Fowler has made strides, and Westbrook has been a good citizen based upon the stuff I have and have not seen, but even though he would be a 7th round pick, I don't know if I'd want that distraction.

Let me put it this way.

If the team wins again...heck wins the Super Bowl in 2018...we'd have a locker room full of people who know how to win.  Even if Campbell and a few others leave due to the salary cap, we'd have enough solid vets to help keep the locker room in line. 

Coughlin already has the credibility.  Marrone would have the credibility.  Guys like Telvin Smith would be able to keep people in line.  At that point, there would be so much pressure from top to bottom in the organization to not be a knucklehead, the team could eventually take a risk on a guy like that.

But nice work overall.  You did a good job addressing needs and getting decent value at the picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I figured a late 7th wouldn’t be much of a gamble for a guy like Callaway.

(04-21-2018, 01:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I figured a late 7th wouldn’t be much of a gamble for a guy like Callaway.

I understood that exactly and that makes a ton of sense.

My concern is the potential for distraction he might bring.  While he would be far lower under the radar than a first round pick like Soward, once he got into the locker room, the distraction he could cause a still young team to have to deal with on the way to the Super Bowl might be costly-more than his worth as a contributor.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-21-2018, 01:32 PM)lol Bullseye Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 01:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I figured a late 7th wouldn’t be much of a gamble for a guy like Callaway.

My concern is the potential for distraction he might bring.  While he would be far lower under the radar than a first round pick like Soward, once he got into the locker room, the distraction he could cause a still young team to have to deal with on the way to the Super Bowl might be costly-more than his worth as a contributor.

There’s a good chance he wouldn’t even make the final 53, as is the case with a lot of 7th rounders.

Does this happen to be your Twitter handle?

https://twitter.com/the_real_smw/status/...83296?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-21-2018, 01:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I’m ok with Callaway in the late rounds. He’s a knucklehead for sure but his talent can’t be denied. I don’t think the team would hesitate to cut him if he becomes a distraction. Especially with Coughlin in charge of personnel.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Wasn't Callaway accused of sexual assault? And then somehow a Florida booster adjudicated the case finding Callaway innocent of all charges? Admittedly I dont know a ton of the details but from afar it sounded shady as hell.

He has had too many problems for my liking. There are enough solid WRs in every draft that I'm sure we can find one who isnt a lousy human being.

This would be a very solid draft class. Hurst and Price would be immediate upgrades and how could one not love it if we got Griffin in the 3rd round? The last 4 picks are also very solid. It will be interesting to see how many of these guys will be available for the Jags to take in the rounds you have them projected for?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 09:14 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

(04-21-2018, 03:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: Does this happen to be your Twitter handle?

https://twitter.com/the_real_smw/status/...83296?s=21

Yeah that’s me haha

(04-21-2018, 06:30 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

This would be a very solid draft class. Hurst and Price would be immediate upgrades and how could one not love it if we got Griffin in the 3rd round? The last 4 picks are also very solid. It will be interesting to see how many of these guys will be available for the Jags to take in the rounds you have them projected for?
I used Nfl Draft Scout rankings to make the picks.

Shaqueem Griffin.... talk about a locker room asset! That guy would add so much fuel to an already electric locker room.

Callaway is now off my mock due to the recent news of diluted sample at the combine.

Replace with Keith Kirkwood WR Temple

I don't see Price falling that far. If we want him, he should be our first pick (which I'd be super happy with). He'd fit in our power run scheme great at RG.

(04-25-2018, 08:50 AM)Markulous Wrote: I don't see Price falling that far.  If we want him, he should be our first pick (which I'd be super happy with).  He'd fit in our power run scheme great at RG.

Don't tell that to BCC, they've asserted he's only a C and is injury prone. If only we had an amazing Center who transitioned to Guard to illustrate how smoothly the transition can be...

(04-25-2018, 05:21 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:50 AM)Markulous Wrote: I don't see Price falling that far.  If we want him, he should be our first pick (which I'd be super happy with).  He'd fit in our power run scheme great at RG.

Don't tell that to BCC, they've asserted he's only a C and is injury prone. If only we had an amazing Center who transitioned to Guard to illustrate how smoothly the transition can be...

What is their reasoning? He has played guard before and did well.

(04-25-2018, 05:51 PM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:21 PM)JNev Wrote: Don't tell that to BCC, they've asserted he's only a C and is injury prone. If only we had an amazing Center who transitioned to Guard to illustrate how smoothly the transition can be...

What is their reasoning? He has played guard before and did well.

I want you to think really long and hard about what you just wrote there.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-26-2018, 08:17 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:51 PM)Markulous Wrote: What is their reasoning? He has played guard before and did well.

I want you to think really long and hard about what you just wrote there.

Big Grin Ok that's funny