Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Worked out Hurst

Give me Schultz. ASJ can be our receiving threat/mismatch guy. Schultz won’t cost as much capital as Hurst and is a better fit based on what I think our offense is trying to do. Obviously what I think could be wrong. And I don’t mean it as a slight to Hurst, good player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it’s Hurst or Goedert.

(04-23-2018, 07:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it’s Hurst or Goedert.

I don't.  I think it's best lineman to fall to us.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Goedert > lineman > Hurst (Mo) > like 20 other players > Hurst (Hayden)

I just think Goedert is pretty much the perfect fit for us in every way. Fills the biggest non QB need on our team with a guy who has the catch radius Blake needs and lots of blocking developmental potential.

I will mark out of we pick Goedert. I wouldn't mind Hurst in round 2.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-23-2018, 08:25 PM)Dimson Wrote: I will mark out of we pick Goedert. I wouldn't mind Hurst in round 2.

What does that mean?

(04-23-2018, 09:12 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 08:25 PM)Dimson Wrote: I will mark out of we pick Goedert. I wouldn't mind Hurst in round 2.

What does that mean?
Haha it is a wrestling term. I would freak out, be super excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

(04-23-2018, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Goedert > lineman > Hurst (Mo) > like 20 other players > Hurst (Hayden)

I just think Goedert is pretty much the perfect fit for us in every way. Fills the biggest non QB need on our team with a guy who has the catch radius Blake needs and lots of blocking developmental potential.

FWIW, Lageman is a big Goedert fan.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2018, 10:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote: Goedert > lineman > Hurst (Mo) > like 20 other players > Hurst (Hayden)

FWIW, Lageman is a big Goedert fan.
Now that is a evaluator I trust.

New Orleans will likely take either Goedert or Hurst. If they take Hurst, Jags would have to strongly consider Goedert. That would still leave them with a very solid offensive lineman in the 2nd and the BAP between receiver, corner/nickel, q.b. or linebacker in the 3rd. I would be very happy with:

Rd. 1- Goedert
Rd. 2- Price/Crosby/Ragnow/Smith/Brown (at least one of these will be there)
Rd. 3 - Shaq Griffin/Michael Gallup/Tre'Quan Smith/ Mike White/ Duke Dawson

Peter Schrager had us take Hurst in the GMFB mock
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I’d prefer Goedert over Hurst. In the little bit of tape I watched, Goedert just flashed more, his athleticism just showed up.

I agree with those that say we should draft more of a receiving TE. I like Goedert, Gesicki, or even a mid-round Mark Andrews.
The article this morning in the Jax paper was down on Andrews: “hey, all you’re getting is an overgrown slot receiver”. I dunno, that sounds potentially pretty good to me.

I don't get the goedert hype. When I watch him play I always feel like I just expected a little bit more from him and he doesn't deliver.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-24-2018, 04:46 PM)Achilles Wrote: I don't get the goedert hype. When I watch him play I always feel like I just expected a little bit more from him and he doesn't deliver.

Really? He's Moss'ing (admittedly lower skilled) guys on pretty much every other play. The other plays he's making twisting 1-handed grabs into the end zone

I totally agree and am now thinking Goedert is the only TE I'd actually take at #29.

I'd take Gesicki or Hurst as well after a trade down, but I think both will be gone by #50.

As for OLs I'm not overly concerned anymore as I'm now seeing several legit options that should be there at #61.  I don't see that at TE.

'02

Of the three, which TE is most likely to be there at our pick in the 2nd round?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-25-2018, 04:01 AM)knarnn Wrote: Of the three, which TE is most likely to be there at our pick in the 2nd round?

Of those 3 I don't expect any to last until our second round pick. By mid 2 I expect them to be gone.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-25-2018, 04:01 AM)knarnn Wrote: Of the three, which TE is most likely to be there at our pick in the 2nd round?

The bookies seem fairly set on Hurst being the first TE off the board but I'm not so sure.

(04-25-2018, 06:43 AM)JackCity Wrote:

The bookies seem fairly set on Hurst being the first TE off the board but I'm not so sure.
I think he will be too. I think he goes to New Orleans.

It seems everyone but this board thinks of Hurst as a first rounder. Can someone give me so details on why you think hes NOT worth the 29th?

Is it his age? Or is it his ability on the field? I like him, but I don't pretend to be any good at scouting.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS