Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An Argument Against TE at 29

(04-23-2018, 06:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 05:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have no idea how NFL ready Hurst is or isn't but TEs do typically have a longer transition/acclimation period to the NFL as far as I can tell.

Yeah average rookie production is usually low. 
Rookie TEs don't fly up the depth chart as easy as other spots. Even last year's historic crop had mostly minimal impact.

(04-23-2018, 05:46 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Robinson killed it last year. It's amazing that Seattle passed on Robinson with their weak offensive line that they fielded last season.

Pretty hilarious that they passed on Cam AND Lamp..

Just a terrible job self scouting.

Malik McDowell and Micheal Tyson for Cam Robinson...oops.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2018, 02:48 PM)JNev Wrote: You should draft talent

Yes.  That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

(04-23-2018, 04:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...
Its more so for the purpose of a position vs position debate instead player A vs player B.  

I think average is what I'd expect from a late first rookie lineman though.   

Basically if both players are of equal talent which position do you feel helps us more year 1? (Not that this should be defining factor in who you take)

If I'm getting the same amount of talent, I'm taking the Tight End. I say this because a Tight End can impact the Defense on every play; he can block for the run and he can catch a pass whereas a Guard can only block. Now, this is not to say that blocking is not important because it is, but how does a Defense counteract a Guard? you align away from him and make him chase a block. How do you counteract a Tight End? Now your discussion gets into the Nickel SAM, which Safety you assign to him, do you have a LB that can run with him down the field?

I am as big a fan of Linemen as there is, but if it's apples to apples in terms of talent, give me the guy that can score points.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!