Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DEEP PURPLE And JUDAS PRIEST Announce North American Co-Headline Tour

DEEP PURPLE And JUDAS PRIEST Announce North American Co-Headline Tour

Legends will collide late this summer when DEEP PURPLE and JUDAS PRIEST embark on a co-headlining North American tour. Produced by Live Nation, the outing will kick off August 21 in Cincinnati, Ohio and visit 25 cities across the U.S. and Canada before wrapping September 30 in Wheatland, California. ickets go on sale to the general public beginning Friday, April 27 at 10 a.m. local time at LiveNation.com

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deep-pu...line-tour/
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm probably one of only a few, but I don't get hyped for these gigs these old bands put on anymore. It seems to me these groups just become their own tribute bands. It isn't as if anybody is interested in any of the new material these bands put out, if they're even releasing new material at all. And often times, you're lucky to find more than one original member in the group. These guys should really just shut it down.

Yeah, it's rare that one of these shows really delivers and they are often "ghost bands" with few original members.
I don't fault the remaining members for staying at it. Making a living in this business can be tough, even if you were fortunate enough to have a hit song or two 30-40 years ago. These tours can make them some quality cash.

(04-23-2018, 06:28 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I'm probably one of only a few, but I don't get hyped for these gigs these old bands put on anymore. It seems to me these groups just become their own tribute bands. It isn't as if anybody is interested in any of the new material these bands put out, if they're even releasing new material at all. And often times, you're lucky to find more than one original member in the group. These guys should really just shut it down.

I'm with you although I did lay out big $ to see Jimmy Buffett and Eagles last weekend in O'town to surprise my wife on our 27th anniversary.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.