Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Bold Predictions

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 07:30 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-24-2018, 12:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Cleveland will trade the #4 overall pick to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Indianapolis Colts will trade the #6 overall selection to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Jaguars will trade down from the #29 position and add a 2019 draft pick.
No TE's will be taken in round 1.
The Jaguars first selection of the draft will either be Isaiah Wynn, Mike McGlinchey, Hayden Hurst or Billy Price.

(04-23-2018, 11:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marcedes Lewis offers his bold prediction on NFLNetwork, predicting SMU WR Courtland Sutton will be the pick for the Jaguars, citing the FA loss of Allen Robinson and the release of Allen Hurns.

That would be a waste of a pick.

Question:  Who would Tampa want in a trade up?

(04-24-2018, 07:25 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Bold prediction: they finally won't go on commercials right when the Jaguars are making the pick. Big Grin

Now that IS a bold prediction.

I would say the only way that happens is if the Jaguars trade up and the networks are not expecting it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2018, 07:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: - 6 QBs go in the first 20 picks.

- Jaguars draft an Alabama defender (Evans, Payne, Harrison)

-  Unprecedented amount of trades.

Honestly heard Evans could fall because of attitude problems. If the jags land him somewhere mid 2 or later I'd be ecstatic
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018, 08:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-24-2018, 07:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Cleveland will trade the #4 overall pick to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Indianapolis Colts will trade the #6 overall selection to one of these 3 teams: Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Arizona.
The Jaguars will trade down from the #29 position and add a 2019 draft pick.
No TE's will be taken in round 1.
The Jaguars first selection of the draft will either be Isaiah Wynn, Mike McGlinchey, Hayden Hurst or Billy Price.

That would be a waste of a pick.

Question:  Who would Tampa want in a trade up?

Saquan Barkley. Tampa has nothing at RB right now and adding Barkley could go a long way towards the progression of Jameis Winston. He's never had a real running game to depend on. I look for Tampa to show an extreme amount of interest in him.

(04-24-2018, 08:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 07:29 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  Who would Tampa want in a trade up?

Saquan Barkley.

I like him as a player, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for Tampa to trade up for Barkley.

Assuming QBs go at least 1 3 & 4

1.  Allen
2.  Chubb
3.  Mayfield
4.  Darnold

That still leads Denver wide open for a trade down for a team to get a QB, or Denver could go QB on their own.

That would leave Indy in front of Tampa.

Not only does Indy still want to trade down, I don't think they would put Barkley behind that OL.  They have a decent second year guy in Mack.

I think they would take Nelson.

Even if Tampa missed out on Barkley, Nelson would make sense there too.

There will be good RBs available in the high second round.

(04-24-2018, 08:10 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 08:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Saquan Barkley.

I like him as a player, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for Tampa to trade up for Barkley.

Assuming QBs go at least 1 3 & 4

1.  Allen
2.  Chubb
3.  Mayfield
4.  Darnold

That still leads Denver wide open for a trade down for a team to get a QB, or Denver could go QB on their own.

That would leave Indy in front of Tampa.

Not only does Indy still want to trade down, I don't think they would put Barkley behind that OL.  They have a decent second year guy in Mack.

I think they would take Nelson.

Even if Tampa missed out on Barkley, Nelson would make sense there too.

There will be good RBs available in the high second round.

From what I've read Tampa really likes Barkley and they know a team can be primed to trade up into that #5 or #6 position to take him. It's just a gut feeling I have, but I could definitely see them trading up for him.

Baker Mayfield taken #1 by Browns.

If I'm a Tampa fan I Barkley would be the guy I'm trying to get would want more than anyone in the draft

(04-25-2018, 08:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If I'm a Tampa fan I Barkley would be the guy I'm trying to get would want more than anyone in the draft

I just don't want the Colts to draft him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Semi-Bold predictions:

The giants don't draft a QB early.

Jags don't draft a WR until the fourth or later.

The seahawks trade Earl Thomas for picks.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2018, 09:11 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-25-2018, 12:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Baker Mayfield taken #1 by Browns.

Now that, is a bold prediction.

(04-25-2018, 09:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Semi-Bold predictions:

The giants don't draft a QB early.  

Jags don't draft a WR until the fourth or later.

The seahawks trade Earl Thomas for picks.

I believe all of those will come true.

(04-25-2018, 08:58 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If I'm a Tampa fan I Barkley would be the guy I'm trying to get would want more than anyone in the draft

I just don't want the Colts to draft him.

I don't think they will. If Quenton Nelson is still on the board, I believe he would be the choice. The Colts need to protect Luck.

Bring them home Caldwell

29th pick   https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/sand...-nfl-draft

61st  pick  https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/wind...-nfl-draft

Record number of trades being made.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

1. The Lions draft Defensive Lineman in both the 1st and 2nd Rounds.
2. The Jaguars draft at least one University of Texas player in the top 2 Rounds.
3. Tennessee drafts Linebackers in both the 1st and 2nd Round.
4. Central Florida LB-S Shaquem Griffin gets drafted in the top 3 Rounds. With the most likely destination for him being Cincinnati with pick # 100 at the end of Round 3.
5. QB Mason Rudolph is drafted before QB Lamar Jackson. With Jackson lasting into Round 2, barring a team trading up for him.

Cincinnati drafts Antonio Callaway.

(04-26-2018, 06:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Cincinnati drafts Antonio Callaway.

I definitely can envision that.

My two bold Bengals predictions are they draft Orlando Brown and Arden Key.  The Bengals are a risk reward/ high risk organization when it comes to the draft.

(04-26-2018, 05:12 AM)D6 Wrote: 1.  The Lions draft Defensive Lineman in both the 1st and 2nd Rounds.
2.  The Jaguars draft at least one University of Texas player in the top 2 Rounds.
3.  Tennessee drafts Linebackers in both the 1st and 2nd Round.
4.  Central Florida LB-S Shaquem Griffin gets drafted in the top 3 Rounds.  With the most likely destination for him being Cincinnati with pick # 100 at the end of Round 3.  
5.  QB Mason Rudolph is drafted before QB Lamar Jackson.   With Jackson lasting into Round 2, barring a team trading up for him.

1.  I could easily see this happening.  My guess, a DE/Edge rusher to replace Ansah, and a DT to replace Ngata, to accommodate a switch to a 3-4

2.  Connor Williams or Malik Jefferson?  Not sure how I'd feel about either pick.

3.  Yes.  Orakpo is still effective, but getting up in age, and they need to replace Avery Williamson.

4.  With his speed and intangibles, I think he'd be a great fit on any team.  I think he's a better fit in a 4-3, but I've seen him linked to some 3-4 teams.

5.  I could see this happening.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 01:01 PM by D6.)

(04-26-2018, 06:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 05:12 AM)D6 Wrote: 1.  The Lions draft Defensive Lineman in both the 1st and 2nd Rounds.
2.  The Jaguars draft at least one University of Texas player in the top 2 Rounds.
3.  Tennessee drafts Linebackers in both the 1st and 2nd Round.
4.  Central Florida LB-S Shaquem Griffin gets drafted in the top 3 Rounds.  With the most likely destination for him being Cincinnati with pick # 100 at the end of Round 3.  
5.  QB Mason Rudolph is drafted before QB Lamar Jackson.   With Jackson lasting into Round 2, barring a team trading up for him.

1.  I could easily see this happening.  My guess, a DE/Edge rusher to replace Ansah, and a DT to replace Ngata, to accommodate a switch to a 3-4

2.  Connor Williams or Malik Jefferson?  Not sure how I'd feel about either pick.

3.  Yes.  Orakpo is still effective, but getting up in age, and they need to replace Avery Williamson.

4.  With his speed and intangibles, I think he'd be a great fit on any team.  I think he's a better fit in a 4-3, but I've seen him linked to some 3-4 teams.

5.  I could see this happening.

1.  The Lions likely plan on Defense is to use a combination of alignments up front,  largely depending on the opposition and situations in a game.  Much like Matt Patricia did as Defensive Coordinator with the Patriots.   Versatility is going to be a key component ( even more than in prior seasons ) under the new coaching staff.   Ziggy Ansah probably will play under the Franchise Tag (  which he signed last week ) this season.  It might be too costly to keep him in 2019.   IMHO,  even with Ansah's situation being looked at with the glass is half full ( including his injury history )  ,  DE is a position that needs to be addressed in the first 3 Rounds of the Draft.   There might not be enough value with pick # 51 in Round 2 at DE,  in terms of the combination of this season AND the future.  Kevin Carter comes to mind as a possible option at # 51.  But I think there's less than a 50-50 chance he will be available.  Sam Hubbard might be the pick in that spot if DE isn't addressed in Round 1.  But his upside seems limited to being a # 2 type of DE.   On the other hand,  I do believe that there will be one or more viable options at DT with pick # 51.  The same regarding RB.  With pick # 82 in Round 3,  I think there will be a RB who would provide enough value.  The Guard options probably won't be there in Round 3.  DE, DT, RB, and G ( or C ...depending which position Graham Glasgow is used ) are the positions I hope the Lions can effectively address in the draft. 

2.   My projection barring a late change is Connor Williams goes to the Falcons at # 26.  With the Jaguars taking Will Hernandez at # 29.  Mason Rudolph comes to mind also as someone in the mix.  I have Isaiah Wynn going to the Bills at # 22.  If Wynn drops,  he could easily be in the mix at # 29.   Hernandez might be the best of these Guard options.  But the other 2 Offensive Lineman can also fill in at Tackle in a pinch.  Williams probably can play Tackle regularly,  though his arm length isn't ideal.   I am projecting the Jaguars taking Malik Jefferson at pick # 61 in Round 2. Jefferson's potential on Special Teams,  combined with his blitzing potential,  is something that at the very least I think will put him in the discussion at # 61.  WR Tre' Quan Smith was the runner up choice in that spot.  Michael Gallup also came to mind.  A dark horse selection that comes to mind is DT Nathan Shepherd, even though the position isn't a short term need.  Shepherd will be 25 this season.  But his upside potential is through the roof. .  In Round 3, RB Royce Freeman is my Jaguars projection at # 93.   With the emphasis the Jaguars put on the running game,  Freeman seems too good to pass up if he lasts to this spot.   

3.  NT, SS, and a RB who can offer a receiving / complimentary option are positions I think Tennessee will also want to upgrade in this draft.  But both inside and outside LB jump out,  especially with Mike Vrabel's background.

(04-24-2018, 07:25 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Bold prediction: they finally won't go on commercials right when the Jaguars are making the pick. Big Grin

Lol! If this happens, we have finally made it boys! I am not holding my breath though haha.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Cleveland drafts two quarterbacks with their first two selections and opts to trade one of them away later on that night or early tomorrow during the 2nd RD to a team in need of a passer.

Jacksonville will trade down from the 29th overall selection with Cleveland to pick-up a pair of second round selections and a future second and third round selection.

New England trades it's 23rd and 31st overall selections with the Giants and drafts the best available passer to start grooming behind Brady.

I tried to be as bold as possible.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cleveland takes Lamar