Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The thoughts I have...

So, like most on here I love the FanSpeak On the Clock Draft Simulator. Also, I frequent the NFL.com Player Rankings as well as the CBS Sports one, when CBS didn't hide the stinking rankings, but whatever. Here are a few things / trends that I've noticed that I wanted to share and see if any of you have input. All are welcome to comment except for that one guy; he knows who he is...

A note here, I typically use a Composite board when I draft on FanSpeak and I feel that Mayock ranks aggressive, contact loving guys higher than most. Zierlein is good, but I feel like he tries too hard to compare a player to someone else and misses the true player. Of course, I am probably way, way, wayyyy off on all of this but I thought I would share.

Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA - This guy keeps dropping to the late First. I don't get it. I know that he has a lower level of competition and he is no Bradley Chubb, but how is this guy consistently available at the bottom of Round One? I know our squad has needs at OL and TE, but if Davenport is there do you really want to let a player like that pass you by?

Braden Smith, OG, Auburn - Always gone by Round Two. You either have to trade up into the middle or upper part of the Second to get this guy or just go without. I've even seen him go late First. Do you think he'll be around at Pick 58?

Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis - No one knows where this guy is going. I've seen him late First and read where he is Antonio Brown 2.0. And I've seen him go Round Four and folks are saying don't drink the kool aid on this guy. I'm a fan of Miller and I think I'd be okay if he was there late Second.

This just feels like a bad draft for OTs - Maybe it's just all the QB hype, or that Q. Nelson is so damn good, or that there are some damn good RBs in this draft but there really isn't a good crop of Tackles. Personally, I love me some Connor Williams but if I draft him I'm moving him to Guard and telling him to maul people. Then again, I'm a little nuts.

Where are the Linebackers?! - Is there a stud Miami Linebacker out there somewhere? Maybe one from Georgia? Nebraska, you got anything? What am I missing?

I would rather have two Second Rounders in this draft than a high First - Okay, that's a lie but I still love the depth of this draft. There are playmakers all over this class and I am here for it.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On my Fanspeak drafts, I always trade out of round 1. With this draft class, I think that is the best bet for us.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Some mid to late round linebackers that I like for special teams and possible to develop into starters are Micah Kaiser, Malik Jefferson, leon Jacob's, and Genard Avery.

I think Braden Smith is higher on GM's boards than he is on media big boards. I would. Ot be surprised to see him gone in the first half of the second. If he is there at 58 I would jump all over him.

I think with the talent pool being shallow at OT and Parnell probably able to cope for another year, we might look elsewhere in this draft.

If Braden Smith goes early it will probably be because there has been a run on guards in the late first-early second rounds.

Can’t see him leapfrogging the likes of Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels.

(04-24-2018, 12:20 PM)Andy G Wrote: I think with the talent pool being shallow at OT and Parnell probably able to cope for another year, we might look elsewhere in this draft.

If Braden Smith goes early it will probably be because there has been a run on guards in the late first-early second rounds.

Maybe not those three, but Branden is right there in the mix with Tyler Crosby, Jamarco Jones, Frank Ragnow, Austin Corbett, Martinas Rankiin and Jimmy Price. It's a safe bet that at least one of these names will be there at #61, and I see all of them working out just fine. 
'02

(04-25-2018, 12:07 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 12:20 PM)Andy G Wrote: I think with the talent pool being shallow at OT and Parnell probably able to cope for another year, we might look elsewhere in this draft.

Maybe not those three, but Branden is right there in the mix with Tyler Crosby, Jamarco Jones, Frank Ragnow, Austin Corbett, Martinas Rankiin and Jimmy Price. It's a safe bet that at least one of these names will be there at #61, and I see all of them working out just fine. 

That sounds about right.

I was just reacting to the original suggestion he might go at the end of round one.

(04-24-2018, 11:10 AM)Deacon Wrote: Here are a few things / trends that I've noticed that I wanted to share and see if any of you have input. All are welcome to comment except for that one guy; he knows who he is...
I, um... nevermind. 
(fanspeak always has guys dropping that don't make sense no matter how you set it up)

(04-25-2018, 08:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 11:10 AM)Deacon Wrote: Here are a few things / trends that I've noticed that I wanted to share and see if any of you have input. All are welcome to comment except for that one guy; he knows who he is...
I, um... nevermind. 
(fanspeak always has guys dropping that don't make sense no matter how you set it up)

I know, I know. It's a very faulty touchstone, but at least it's a jumping off point. The point of that was to get a feel for how folks would react if the team went top notch Defensive Player with the Round One selection.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(04-25-2018, 08:21 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I, um... nevermind. 

I know, I know. It's a very faulty touchstone, but at least it's a jumping off point. The point of that was to get a feel for how folks would react if the team went top notch Defensive Player with the Round One selection.

Round one of what?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-25-2018, 08:40 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:21 AM)Deacon Wrote: I know, I know. It's a very faulty touchstone, but at least it's a jumping off point. The point of that was to get a feel for how folks would react if the team went top notch Defensive Player with the Round One selection.

Round one of what?

Beers. The round that you're buying.

(04-25-2018, 08:21 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I, um... nevermind. 

As long as they find that RG upgrade/competition guy and a TE before the "no-pick-fifth" then I'd be fine with it - assuming it helps loosen that looming tight cap scenario in 2019.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2018, 08:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2018, 12:07 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

Jimmy Price is a stud and Ragnow is a better player/prospect than the guys you just grouped him with

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

(04-25-2018, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 12:07 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Maybe not those three, but Branden is right there in the mix with Tyler Crosby, Jamarco Jones, Frank Ragnow, Austin Corbett, Martinas Rankiin and Jimmy Price. It's a safe bet that at least one of these names will be there at #61, and I see all of them working out just fine. 

Jimmy Price is a stud and Ragnow is a better player/prospect than the guys you just grouped him with

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

Jimmy also tore a muscle at the combine. I would stay away unless he dropped to the 2nd.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2018, 08:54 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jimmy Price is a stud and Ragnow is a better player/prospect than the guys you just grouped him with

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

Jimmy also tore a muscle at the combine. I would stay away unless he dropped to the 2nd.

The injury shouldn't scare anyone.  He was going in the first round before this.

Ohio State C Billy Price's health is "no longer really a question," according to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport.

Price suffered a pec injury at the NFL Combine. Rapoport adds three centers could be round one picks: Price, James Daniels and Frank Ragnow. We believe the latter two are more likely, with Ragnow a virtual lock. Apr 24 - 10:11 AM