Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Ok Sacksonville!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The London Jaguars !!!

Jagywires

(04-28-2018, 01:21 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Too bad we couldnt trade back and reacquire a 5th. We have seemed to have drafted some studs so far though

Opie!

From Opie to R2D2. Classic

Caldwell said he didn't want to move down that far so he opted not to accept the trade down offer.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

meh. I wanted Falk, but that will do. Any young guy who can be groomed or developed is fine. I got a good compromise for what I expected(G/T, QB). I am pretty happy with this draft as a whole. I can't wait to get the season underway.

...and there is your camp QB.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-28-2018, 04:54 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ...and there is your camp QB.

And how long do you think it will be until people start calling for him to start over Bortles?

Hey Dave finally picked a QB for the ABB (anyone but bottles) crowd!

He's drafted to boost the confidence in Bortles. Bortles will say wow I'm so much more accurate than this fool. Well invested 6th rounder!!!!

(04-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 04:54 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ...and there is your camp QB.

And how long do you think it will be until people start calling for him to start over Bortles?

Never. lol. He's likely a practice squad guy at best. Its a good sign they at least drafted a guy to look at. His college numbers are pretty dismal, and unless something miraculous occurs he's a camp body. He does have a big time arm though, if he could fix the decision making (his awful int %) he could amount to a journeymen backup/in a pinch starter.  Hes a poor man's Blaine Gabbert, looks great in drills, sucks [BLEEP] in games.

(04-28-2018, 05:01 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 04:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: And how long do you think it will be until people start calling for him to start over Bortles?

Never. lol. He's likely a practice squad guy at best. Its a good sign they at least drafted a guy to look at. His college numbers are pretty dismal, and unless something miraculous occurs he's a camp body. He does have a big time arm though, if he could fix the decision making (his awful int %) he could amount to a journeymen backup/in a pinch starter.  Hes a poor man's Blaine Gabbert, looks great in drills, sucks [BLEEP] in games.

Not easy to find much on the Lee kid.  He's getting torched by some pundits.  We'll see.....

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 05:53 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

We just drafted a Tank outta Wisconsin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfAaoYyQ78

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2018, 06:01 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

Pretty Cool that we drafted Justin Smith in the 1st and Pat Willis in the 7th

RB is next- Hopefully not the next Storm Johnson

Five thoughts on the draft:

1. 2019 Salary Cap - I believe that this draft was highly influenced by our 2019 salary cap situation.  We are over and will need to find ways to save money.  If Bryan (1st), Harrison (3rd) and Richardson (4th) can take over as starters in 2019, it will save the team $11 million, $6 million and $6 million or a combined $23 million in cap space.  That's huge.  In regards to Chark (2nd), we have a presumed starter in Moncrief who is not signed in 2019.  If Chark can be a legitimate starter, it prevents us from having to sign a free agent (which we can't afford) in 2019 to replace Moncrief.  If Cooke (7th) can win the punting competition, that's also a quick almost $2 million saved in 2019.  Not bad for a late seventh rounder.

2.  Lack of 2018 Needs Drafted - Ok, this highly relates to #1.  Because we focused on 2019, we didn't focus so much on 2018.  I went into the draft with right guard, tight end and linebacker to replace Poz as our three biggest needs.  We didn't draft a tight end at all.  We didn't draft a linebacker until the seventh round.  We didn't specifically draft a guard, although our fourth round tackle could potentially be converted to guard.  Even if so, that's still much later than I would have projected.  I thought we would go guard in round one.

3.  Anti-Gene Smith:  Our former GM was known for drafting small school players.  Not this GM.  College teams in order of being drafted were:  Florida, LSU, Alabama, NC State, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Mississippi State.  I would also note the emphasis on SEC teams.

4.  Athletes:  The draft picks clearly emphasized players with physical tools over college production and stats.  They obviously believe they can "coach up" players who have size and speed but maybe didn't produce as much as one would like on the field.  I'm seeing some conflicting reports on heights, but if you go by CBS Sports, it's interesting to note that all seven of our draft picks are 6'3" or taller.  Chark was the fastest wide receiver at the combine.

5. Diversity of Positions:  It's almost hard to be more diverse.  There were 3 offense, 3 defense and 1 special teams.  Even with that, there was diversity.  Offense included quarterback, wide receiver and offensive line.  Defense included defensive line, linebacker and defensive back.  They definitely spread it around.

(04-28-2018, 04:58 PM)Rooster Wrote: Hey Dave finally picked a QB for the ABB (anyone but bottles) crowd!

Lol
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 01:17 PM by TheeKB.)

(04-28-2018, 05:52 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: We just drafted a Tank outta Wisconsin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfAaoYyQ78

He's our new posluszny. Love how he plays with his head on a swivel and his initial stance to contact burst is CRAZY! This guys gonna be THAT DUDE outa this class, he's a gem.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM by TheeKB.)

(04-27-2018, 03:46 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: and so, essentially, u r that trained eye?

Right!? That eye apparently doesn't see his rep in the red... nor the fact that he'll be playing for NFL coaches, on a loaded line, with experienced players to mentor and an NFL packed diet and facilities. Also... I never heard much media hype at all on this guy. Just my take on another consummate pros thorough and pro level experience post. I'm new here and it's already hard to take all the retired GM's, Coaches and Scouts. Hey u guys! Take it to the Tomahawk nation board! They need more realists and negative nancies over there to mix in with the Taggahasseeans and Thrasher and Wilcox worshippers LOL