Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan Buying Wembley Stadium

(04-26-2018, 06:14 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How’d the NFL fair it’s last stint in Europe?

I don't know. When was the last time Europe had an actual NFL team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bad news for the jags. To think this means anything other than the jags are eventually moving to london is wishful thinkin. Just a matter of time. Sorry folks

(04-26-2018, 03:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 03:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We will move eventually

Why?

Because $700 million dollars for a cow pasture is far less expensive than offering free flat screen televisions around Jacksonville in order to increase our television market size.

(04-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Bad news for the jags. To think this means anything other than the jags are eventually moving to london is wishful thinkin. Just a matter of time. Sorry folks

The local radio show this afternoon was describing Khan methods. He is lobbying for more British games for the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville. He was steamed he didn't get a second REGULAR season game on the 2018 schedule. 

City Hall has NO spine whatsoever. His design is run training camp in Jacksonville and he gets to keep the property around the stadium in order to capture ANY profits Jacksonville generates in future sporting events sans Jaguars.

Why do so many fans continue to like Shad Khan? He is a terrible man terrorizing all of us with his veiled threats. The NFL owners rejected his attempts to buy the St. Louis Rams years back. He was only allowed to buy the Jaguars with the understanding the team would NOT move. While Jacksonville owes these owners a debt of appreciation, these owners who forced this pledge aren't getting any younger.

I really doubt there is anybody in town who would not buy into the idea that we can replace and/or renovate the stadium making it a domed facility for the Jaguars.

(04-26-2018, 05:55 PM)PVKnight Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 05:12 PM)DragonFury Wrote: That's not how exchange rates work.

That's how it works for Canadian teams in the MLB, NBA and NHL. How would it be different in the UK? USD is worth about 70% of the BP. That means a house that costs 500k BP is going to cost 600k of the players' salary in USD.

And a player can walk into a bank and buy 500K in BP for $600K. However the conversion works the value of an item is the same no matter what the currency. Prices are different of course, but that's also true when comparing housing prices in San Fran vs. Jax.

This is not that difficult. Express the salary of the London Shaguar players in USD, and pay them in in dollars or the equivalent value in BP, their choice.

The real problem comes from different tax laws.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-26-2018, 06:47 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Bad news for the jags. To think this means anything other than the jags are eventually moving to london is wishful thinkin. Just a matter of time. Sorry folks

The local radio show this afternoon was describing Khan methods. He is lobbying for more British games for the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville. He was steamed he didn't get a second REGULAR season game on the 2018 schedule. 

City Hall has NO spine whatsoever. His design is run training camp in Jacksonville and he gets to keep the property around the stadium in order to capture ANY profits Jacksonville generates in future sporting events sans Jaguars.

Why do so many fans continue to like Shad Khan? He is a terrible man terrorizing all of us with his veiled threats. The NFL owners rejected his attempts to buy the St. Louis Rams years back. He was only allowed to buy the Jaguars with the understanding the team would NOT move. While Jacksonville owes these owners a debt of appreciation, these owners who forced this pledge aren't getting any younger.

I really doubt there is anybody in town who would not buy into the idea that we can replace and/or renovate the stadium making it a domed facility for the Jaguars.

The NFL owners didn't reject anything. Kroenke had a clause that enabled him to match any offer for the majority share of the Rams. Khan's offer to buy the Rams never went up for a vote for the NFL owners because Kroenke exercised his option and took 100% ownership of the Rmas.

This is like the guy who says he has to go to the "store" every night. The wife really wants to believe it but knows what's going on. You don't pay $800M for a stadium and not move your team to it. His olive branch is going to be "hey Jax I set you up with a stadium with nice amenities to draw concerts, big neutral field college games, etc

I'm literally overwhelmed at all the doom, gloom and fear about this.

I guess people need something to be scared about?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So many inaccuracies in this post.  For starters, the NFL owners did not reject Shad's attempts to buy the Rams. Stan Kroenke had the first option to buy after the original owner died. Second, Khan doesn't own the property around the stadium - the city does. 

When teams move, it's only after years of failed negotiations with their home city to build a new stadium. The conspiracy theory that Khan will just up and move after the lease is up is BS. It doesn't work that way. My guess is, before the lease is up, Kahn and the city will talk about a new stadium, or major renovations to the current one.  That's when the talk of leaving could happen - but only if the city and the team come to an impasse. But so far, the city of Jacksonville has given Khan everything he's asked for. And I pity the mayor who would allow the Jaguars to leave on his or her watch.

(04-26-2018, 07:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm literally overwhelmed at all the doom, gloom and fear about this.

I guess people need something to be scared about?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, people like to troll on the internet

(04-26-2018, 04:20 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The chances of the Jaguars moving to London vastly increased today.  Anyone who doesn't understand that is fooling themselves.  

We're already talking about Jacksonville having to pony up a Billion-dollar stadium in order to keep the team.  You would have been called insane if you'd said that yesterday.  Yet some say nothing changed.  

A stadium issue was born today, among other things.  When Shad looks at Podunk Jacksonville and the challenges he faces just building a few amenities around the outdated stadium, he will increasingly compare his options here to those in London, where the mayor is named Khan and where the Jaguars can be marketed to a whole football-starved COUNTRY and all of the European CONTINENT.

Good thing the NFL would never allow it...ah..never mind.  Jax is toast - with no marmalade.  Enjoy the remaining years in Jacksonville, and be prepared to pay increasingly for the privilege.

I have been saying this for at least 2 or 3 years, so not everyone would have called you insane.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I feel for you guys. I think that state of the franchise talk was just to cushion the blow when this news came out. He's building a practice facility over there as well? Come on folks. Why would they need that just to fly over for a game or two?

(04-26-2018, 07:17 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:47 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The local radio show this afternoon was describing Khan methods. He is lobbying for more British games for the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville. He was steamed he didn't get a second REGULAR season game on the 2018 schedule. 

I feel for you guys. I think that state of the franchise talk was just to cushion the blow when this news came out. He's building a practice facility over there as well? Come on folks. Why would they need that just to fly over for a game or two?

Sure. That's why he's sinking a billion dollars in the Shipyards downtown.

(04-26-2018, 06:47 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The local radio show this afternoon was describing Khan methods. He is lobbying for more British games for the London Jaguars based in Jacksonville. He was steamed he didn't get a second REGULAR season game on the 2018 schedule. 

You don't need to feel for us.. I'm actually surprised you can feel anything at all from all the genetic mutations in your DNA from the generations of inbreeding.

Roger Goodell just talked about the purchase and how Khan is a goble leader and this will help solidify the Jaguars in Jacksonville. So put the panic button down for a few hours.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Just stop. And you've quoted the resident delusional conspiracy theorist BTW. 

Wembley is a revenue stream for the Jaguars that helps balance the budget -  making a small market team sustainable financially on a level equal to those teams with larger markets and greater revenue. 

Many other NFL owners are now looking at these "home games" in London and the easy revenue bump they provide and they are envious of the Jags tenure and position there. 
If the league were to cater to these owners and begin having more league-wide games there, Khan will now profit from every single contest - not only those featuring his own team. 
It also places him in a more powerful position among owners and with the league in general. 

Assuming that Khan bought the stadium because he wants to move the Jags is lazy and fearful. 

I have no reason not to believe Khan and Lamping when they say they have no intention of moving the team. They've made strides every year to do exactly the opposite of that and their actions and words are still in step with that. 

Khan is a billionaire and he buys things. Now he bought a stadium in London.  No big deal.

Some interesting quotes from Shad Khan in a piece by the BBC...

“The 67-year-old added that the deal would lead to "more meaningful discussions" over a permanent NFL franchise in London. Wembley has been hosting NFL games each autumn since 2007.

Additionally, Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur have a deal with the NFL to stage a minimum of two games a season over 10 years once they have moved into their new stadium later this year.

"Until now, NFL doesn't have a stadium solution or have a home," Khan said. "And it can't work with a Premier League club, because of the schedule. It does work very well with Wembley, so I think it makes it closer."

(04-26-2018, 06:24 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 06:14 PM)B2hibry Wrote: How’d the NFL fair it’s last stint in Europe?

I don't know. When was the last time Europe had an actual NFL team?

Your Google broke? You can also find out if there was an International series previously as well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-26-2018, 07:46 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: £800m is the rumoured figure to buy Wembley, what does this even mean for the Jags?

He's not doing this to move the Jaguars. He's doing this to put the NFL's collective balls into a vice grip when they schedule London games.