Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan Buying Wembley Stadium

(04-26-2018, 08:24 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:18 AM)UKJag Wrote: Wembley is used for all sorts of things from International Soccer, Domestic Soccer finals and playoffs to concerts or shows as well as 2 NFL games a year. It could be him just making a very shrewd investment, but they are also building a Jaguars practice facility here too. I think it'll result in 4 games here and 4 games in Jax

That would be the dumbest thing in the world

That Stadium sits empty mostly in the fall, so adding 3 more games would generate a fortune it doesn't already get. Otherwise why build the practice facility?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also, this would have looked a lot better if it had all been revealed in the state of the franchise event last week - they could have explained it properly then.

Instead it looks like they have something to hide.

Nothing will change until 2020 if it does change as that's when the next CBA negotiations will be.

(04-26-2018, 08:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:23 AM)Andy G Wrote: I know he’s spent a lot of money on Jacksonville, but you’ve got to wonder if he’d want more than one game at Wembley after spending more than $1bn to buy it.

I hope the Jaguars come out really quickly to explain this and don’t leave it hanging about.

He'll get all the money from any NFL team that plays there.

They’d have to play a LOT of NFL games to make back that $1bn!

The team isn’t moving. See my post earlier

(04-26-2018, 08:26 AM)newporttom Wrote: British news article says the Fulham team will NOT play there and speculates (a lot) on Jags moving there.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...24286.html

Not too concerned what the Evening Standard writes.

A lot of their sports stories seem to be based on rumour and assumption (although to be fair it seems they’ve got the basic story here)

Khan has got some explaining to do

(04-26-2018, 08:30 AM)Andy G Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He'll get all the money from any NFL team that plays there.

He's also going to earn revenue from EVERYTHING that happens at Wembley. That's huge even without the NFL
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-26-2018, 08:30 AM)Andy G Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He'll get all the money from any NFL team that plays there.

I imagine the house cut or leasing fee for all of the concerts and soccer matches + renting out the convention hall/banquet rooms will take care of that in due time. 
Especially if he's able to land a corporate naming rights deal. 

i.e.  -  Welcome to the newly renovated "Vodaphone Field at Wembley Stadium!"

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM by BklynJag.)

@boldcitycap Nothing like having a ton of momentum as a franchise locally and nationally and then murdering it with callous disregard. Purposefully or not.

Agree 100%

NFL Executive VP of Events and International Mark Waller: "We are very happy for Shad Khan and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The potential purchase of Wembley Stadium is a further powerful sign of their commitment to the UK and their vision to help us grow the sport."

@sbjaxfl Shad just got approval to enhance Craven Cottage too. So that’s even more money he’s spending there.

Waller continued: "Having stadium options in London has always been critical to the NFL and, in tandem with our 10-year partnership with Tottenham Hotspur, this new relationship would allow for even greater flexibility in scheduling future NFL games in London."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 08:43 AM by JackCity.)

Well he isn't buying it for Fulham to play in, that's for certain.

I could see him buying it and the NFL deciding to expand the London games even more. Shad gets a healthy cut and eventually has a historic stadium for relatively cheap.

It does increase the fear of a move based on everything we heard Lamping say but still , we'll see what happens.

https://twitter.com/caseyayers/status/98...37601?s=19

Goodbye Jaguars. At least win the Super Bowl in Atlanta 2019 before you leave for good.

(04-26-2018, 08:43 AM)JackCity Wrote: It does increase the fear of a move based on everything we heard Lamping say but 

Explain please

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 08:47 AM by SamusAranX.)

(04-26-2018, 08:38 AM)HBklynJag Wrote: @boldcitycap Nothing like having a ton of momentum as a franchise locally and nationally and then murdering it with callous disregard. Purposefully or not.

Agree 100%

Agreed on poor timing. 

But again...everyone freaking out needs to calm down. 

There are two reasons that Khan can break the lease: 

1. He’s lost money on the Jags three consecutive years. No NFL team and I mean no team is losing money. Even the Browns. 

2. Stadium is in disrepair and or not up to modern standards. Khan has went the complete opposite way. The stadium is in good shape and modern by every standard. Scoreboards, new seats, the pools, the club renovations, the new dog park, etc. You don’t do these things if you want to move. You pull a Davis or Kroenke and don’t spend money on improvements and sit back and wait. 

This move may stabilize the jags even further. Now khan keeps all the revenue from all nfl games, and yes the jags may play another game and two in London. But I prefer it to the more unattractive option which is losing the team altogether.

The man is a billionaire, folks.

He buys things.

Don't live in fear every time he buys something outside of Jacksonville, friends.

(04-26-2018, 08:18 AM)UKJag Wrote: Wembley is used for all sorts of things from International Soccer, Domestic Soccer finals and playoffs to concerts or shows as well as 2 NFL games a year. It could be him just making a very shrewd investment, but they are also building a Jaguars practice facility here too. I think it'll result in 4 games here and 4 games in Jax

That would destroy the Jax fan base.  They already don't like losing one game a year to London.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 08:53 AM by Andy G.)

(04-26-2018, 08:46 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:38 AM)HBklynJag Wrote: @boldcitycap Nothing like having a ton of momentum as a franchise locally and nationally and then murdering it with callous disregard. Purposefully or not.

Agree 100%

Agreed on poor timing. 

But again...everyone freaking out needs to calm down. 

There are two reasons that Khan can break the lease: 

1. He’s lost money on the Jags three consecutive years. No NFL team and I mean no team is losing money. Even the Browns. 

2. Stadium is in disrepair and or not up to modern standards. Khan has went the complete opposite way. The stadium is in good shape and modern by every standard. Scoreboards, new seats, the pools, the club renovations, the new dog park, etc. You don’t do these things if you want to move. You pull a Davis or Kroenke and don’t spend money on improvements and sit back and wait. 

This move may stabilize the jags even further. Now khan keeps all the revenue from all nfl games, and yes the jags may play another game and two in London. But I prefer it to the more unattractive option which is losing the team altogether.

I don’t think he will move the Jaguars either.

But could he put the team up for sale?

(Again, don’t think he will, but just looking at the options)

This is what Shad Khan has told the Fulham fans.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/...-statement