Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan Buying Wembley Stadium

(04-26-2018, 09:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote: As far as a Jags practice field, it is most likely the “home team “ practice field for the series. Finding local fields to practice that are semi private and convenient is getting tricky.

The practices take place at a rugby stadium currently a short drive from Wembley, as a stadium it's completely closed off and private. I actually think it's a really good investment for Shad, the place is barely used and if used more could earn fortunes more than it has. The FA treat it like a shrine, so don't utilise it enough. For me it's not the stadium we won the soccer world cup in they demolished that and so it's no shrine really.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://m.jaguars.com/s/30840/embeddedNew...b654a5e2e5 mobile tag
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-26-2018, 09:07 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:01 AM)JackCity Wrote: Basically, we will be getting a new stadium soon.  In the next 10 years at least.

Not that I don't believe you but do you have a link? I would just like to read more up on that whike we wait for 11 hours Smile

It was in the state of the franchise address. Video would be on home site I'd imagine.

(04-26-2018, 09:18 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:07 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Not that I don't believe you but do you have a link? I would just like to read more up on that whike we wait for 11 hours Smile

It was in the state of the franchise address. Video would be on home site I'd imagine.

Thanks bud

(04-26-2018, 09:16 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: http://m.jaguars.com/s/30840/embeddedNew...b654a5e2e5 mobile tag

Great statement. 

Again actions speak louder than words. 

The fact that he’s planning more improvements to the city of Jax overall is showing he means it when he says the “long term future of the Jaguars in Jacksonville”. 

But I agree with FBT and Bullseye...announcement could have been timed better

(04-26-2018, 09:16 AM)UKJag Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:11 AM)B2hibry Wrote: As far as a Jags practice field, it is most likely the “home team “ practice field for the series. Finding local fields to practice that are semi private and convenient is getting tricky.

The practices take place at a rugby stadium currently a short drive from Wembley, as a stadium it's completely closed off and private. I actually think it's a really good investment for Shad, the place is barely used and if used more could earn fortunes more than it has. The FA treat it like a shrine, so don't utilise it enough. For me it's not the stadium we won the soccer world cup in they demolished that and so it's no shrine really.

I concur. To me Wembley Stadium was the danky old place with the towers and the terrible acoustics. While it certainly needed to be renovated and updated for the modern era, the fact they torn down the entire stadium and built a new one in its place means there is nothing left of the old iconic Wembley. And I think the FA realizes that as well, they would have never sold the old Wembley but the new stadium lacks the history.

Jags and Fulham are separate organizations financially. From all accounts it seems as if this is on the Jaguars ledger. So, the expenditure shows up on the Jags side, and the revenue does also. And assuming this is a good deal (and I don't think Shad makes many bad deals), the revenue strengthens the Jags.

All we will hear now when the Jags make there pick at 29 is us moving.

I hope in the 2020 CBA stuff the players union fights against any options of moving teams across oceans.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(04-26-2018, 09:29 AM)BklynJag Wrote: All we will hear now when the Jags make there pick at 29 is us moving.

Yep...after they come back from commercial break.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Note in Shad Khans pocket on draft day......

Wembley Stadium.

No Matter What.

(04-26-2018, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:29 AM)BklynJag Wrote: All we will hear now when the Jags make there pick at 29 is us moving.

Damn it, beat me to the joke.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 09:37 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-26-2018, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

BOOM -- POST OF THE WEEK !!!

So if an NFL team was created for London, under new ownership... how much bank is Shad going to make on being the owner of the stadium they play in?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2018, 09:47 AM by Deacon.)

(04-26-2018, 09:39 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So if an NFL team was created for London, under new ownership... how much bank is Shad going to make on being the owner of the stadium they play in?

That's what I keep wondering. How many Org owners out there actually own the building they play in?! Does Jerruh? Kraft? Any of those big time Soccer (pardon for the philistine-level use of that term) Owners? We're talking about a guy who is going to be pulling in gub'ment level money. In London. From Wembley Stadium. 

It's like this big baller just buys money printing presses every chance he gets.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

A Khan is the mayor of London. And a Khan is the owner of Wembly.
Hmmmm...

Jaguars owner places offer to buy Wembley Stadium

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ey-stadium

The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Thursday that they have placed an offer to purchase Wembley Stadium, which Shad Khan called "our home away from home in London."

I'm not sure Khan could really do anything about the timing. When the opportunity to buy Wembley comes along, I dont think you hold off for 5 more months as you try to sell tickets. And frankly if fans are worried about moving, would there ever be a good time to announce this? During training camp? It would damper the enthusiasm for the beginning of the season. Near the end of the season? Would create speculation the team would be moving the following year.

As far as us moving, not sure what to think yet. By itself, him building practice facilities for the Jags scares me more than the stadium. Why do we need special practice facilities to be used only 3 days a year? Owning the stadium makes a ton of sense for a number of reasons completely unrelated to us moving there. But if you buy the stadium AND build our own practice facilities, that does feel like a move is possible. Unless the guy just has so much money to burn, he can afford his own facility even if used only once a year for a week. Although perhaps maybe one day training camp will be held over there. Or maybe it'll be a mixed use facility he'll use for his soccer club. I dont know any details on it yet. Considering everything that has been done for our stadium and the future plans for the surrounding area of Jax, moving the team just still doesnt feel likely to me. I do agree with everyone who said this will be used for leverage. But considering all the investments, why dump all this money only to leave a couple years later?

I wonder if they would ever allow us to play "road" games over there.

Rich people buy stuff. It's cool.
Don't freak out freaks.

(04-26-2018, 09:48 AM)rfc17 Wrote: ...  

As far as us moving, not sure what to think yet.  By itself, him building practice facilities for the Jags scares me more than the stadium.  Why do we need special practice facilities to be used only 3 days a year?  Owning the stadium makes a ton of sense for a number of reasons completely unrelated to us moving there.  But if you buy the stadium AND build our own practice facilities, that does feel like a move is possible.  Unless the guy just has so much money to burn, he can afford his own facility even if used only once a year for a week.  Although perhaps maybe one day training camp will be held over there.  Or maybe it'll be a mixed use facility he'll use for his soccer club.  I dont know any details on it yet.  Considering everything that has been done for our stadium and the future plans for the surrounding area of Jax, moving the team just still doesnt feel likely to me.  I do agree with everyone who said this will be used for leverage.  But considering all the investments, why dump all this money only to leave a couple years later?  

I wonder if they would ever allow us to play "road" games over there.

I remember reading a piece on Khan where he made a statement along the lines of he never buys anything anymore unless he can make money off of it. That Kismet yacht? He put that thing up for rent the day it was delivered. Top flight Condo in Chicago? Set up tours of the place charging a fee. 

To me, this says that if Khan buys / builds anything, he isn't doing it to let it sit around and look pretty. Get to makin' cash or get out the door.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!