Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Round 2 & 3 Wish list

(04-27-2018, 07:50 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Day 2 is the money Day, very deep draft so we could get some very nice quality pieces today. I feel like we could draft a guy at any position except DT

Maurice Hurst ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shaq Griffin
Duke Dawson

I like Hurst but where would he fit in? Not gonna draft a guy in the 2nd round who wouldn't be active on Sundays

(04-27-2018, 08:39 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I like Hurst but where would he fit in? Not gonna draft a guy in the 2nd round who wouldn't be active on Sundays

Can't see picking him after taking Taven.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a WR
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

2. Mason Rudolph
3. Tyrell Crosby

I know both are long shots though and after last night, I have no idea which direction this team is going.

(04-27-2018, 08:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 2. Mason Rudolph
3. Tyrell Crosby

I know both are long shots though and after last night, I have no idea which direction this team is going.

I'm assuming Hernandez is gone, so these are two guys I'm hoping falls also.

Connor Williams at RG would be nice too

Do what you have to do to move up and get Hernandez. The rest of the draft is just depth at this point.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 09:04 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 08:56 AM)Markulous Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 08:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 2. Mason Rudolph
3. Tyrell Crosby

I'm assuming Hernandez is gone, so these are two guys I'm hoping falls also.

Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

(04-27-2018, 08:57 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Do what you have to do to move up and get Hernandez.  The rest of the draft is just depth at this point.

Why are you so anxious to trade away picks? I'd rather trade down and acquire picks. I'd only ever trade up for a QB.

Also, we would benefit from a RB who is a 1A. The injury bug limited Fournette last year. Corey Grant is a fine change of pace back. But he couldn't be the feature back in Leonard's absence. Get a road grader at G and a RB (Chubb!) to be the complement to LF27 and that will be some beautiful football!

(04-27-2018, 09:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Also, we would benefit from a RB who is a 1A.  The injury bug limited Fournette last year.  Corey Grant is a fine change of pace back.  But he couldn't be the feature back in Leonard's absence.  Get a road grader at G and a RB (Chubb!) to be the complement to LF27 and that will be some beautiful football!

Why not?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 09:09 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-27-2018, 09:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 08:56 AM)Markulous Wrote: I'm assuming Hernandez is gone, so these are two guys I'm hoping falls also.

Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

(04-27-2018, 08:57 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Do what you have to do to move up and get Hernandez.  The rest of the draft is just depth at this point.

Why are you so anxious to trade away picks? I'd rather trade down and acquire picks. I'd only ever trade up for a QB.

Picks are just ammunition to get good players.  Since we wasted the first rounder, it may take spending an extra pick to get a player who we actually need and who is actually an upgrade.

(04-27-2018, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Also, we would benefit from a RB who is a 1A.  The injury bug limited Fournette last year.  Corey Grant is a fine change of pace back.  But he couldn't be the feature back in Leonard's absence.  Get a road grader at G and a RB (Chubb!) to be the complement to LF27 and that will be some beautiful football!

Why not?

If he were, he would have shown it in three years and he would have been the lead tailback before Leonard got here.

(04-27-2018, 09:06 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

Picks are just ammunition to get good players.  Since we wasted the first rounder, it may take spending an extra pick to get a player who we actually need and who is actually an upgrade.

(04-27-2018, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why not?

If he were, he would have shown it in three years and he would have been the lead tailback before Leonard got here.

Every time Grant is given a chance to run the ball, he shines. The guy is a big play machine. I wish they would actually give him a chance to be a bigger part of the offense.

I expect them to continue taking the highest rated player on their board regardless of position. The only position I'd rule out now is defensive line after they took Bryan. There's no way Hernandez will fall to them, but he's my favorite guy left. If I had to guess, I would say they end up with:

Rd. 2- Ian Thomas - tight end
Rd. 3- Shaq Griffin

(04-27-2018, 09:06 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

(04-27-2018, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why not?

Quit whining, nobody wasted a first rounder. He is going to be an integral part of our line rotation and groomed to be an impact starter the following year.

(04-27-2018, 09:24 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I expect them to continue taking the highest rated player on their board regardless of position. The only position I'd rule out now is defensive line after they took Bryan. There's no way Hernandez will fall to them, but he's my favorite guy left. If I had to guess, I would say they end up with:

Rd. 2- Ian Thomas - tight end
Rd. 3- Shaq Griffin
 Ian Thomas will hopefully be there in the 3rd...If only Hurst went in the 1st it will be interesting to see how far Goedert/Gesicki fall in the 2nd.

I like Griffin story but just like the "meh" of the Bryan pick...we have Yannick/Fowler as our speed pass rushers...If you want to replace that position grab Marquis Haynes in the 4th.

Give me OG in the 2nd and Thomas in the 3rd.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 09:27 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we are going true BPA, Anthony Miller might be the pick of hes there

What does y'alls top 10 bigboard look like?

(04-27-2018, 09:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we are going true BPA, Anthony Miller might be the pick of hes there

1. Hernandez
2. Gesecki
3. Daniels
4. Josh Jackson
5. Landry
6. Sutton
7. Goedert
8. Braden smith
9. Hurst
10. Connor Williams.

(04-27-2018, 09:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we are going true BPA, Anthony Miller might be the pick of hes there

No Particular order but guys for Jax:

Will Hernandez
Dallas Goedert
Mason Rudolph
Anthony Miller
Tyrell Crosby
Braden Smith
Ronnie Harrison
Connor Williams
Derrius Guice
Maurice Hurst

(04-27-2018, 09:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:06 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Picks are just ammunition to get good players.  Since we wasted the first rounder, it may take spending an extra pick to get a player who we actually need and who is actually an upgrade.

Quit whining, nobody wasted a first rounder. He is going to be an integral part of our line rotation and groomed to be an impact starter the following year.

It's not whining.  When you take a guy in the first round, he has to be an immediate impact player, especially when highly ranked players are there at positions that can be upgraded on the team.  This kid has some flashes, but is a project.  The pick is a waste in the 1st round.

(04-27-2018, 09:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Quit whining, nobody wasted a first rounder. He is going to be an integral part of our line rotation and groomed to be an impact starter the following year.

It's not whining.  When you take a guy in the first round, he has to be an immediate impact player, especially when highly ranked players are there at positions that can be upgraded on the team.  This kid has some flashes, but is a project.  The pick is a waste in the 1st round.

You are completely wrong. That's true for a bad team picking early in the draft. We are picking at the end of the draft and we are one of the better teams in football. Nobody expects an immediate impact player from pick 29, besides you of course. You take the best player available. He was on the top of their board so they took him. It is absolutely the best draft strategy.